Silver ink pen for signature?

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to try a silver ink signature on a cue. I use Sakura Micron 005 and like it a lot, but that doesn't come in silver. Does anyone have a go to pen for silver ink they would like to share?

hopscotch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
silver marker

I went to hobby lobby and got a pilot silver marker fine point paint marker

Attachments

• 20150702_223405[1].jpg
    20150702_223405[1].jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 450

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I went to hobby lobby and got a pilot silver marker fine point paint marker

Thanks. That looks like a great match. I want to use silver to match some silver work in the cue like you did, but I would prefer a finer point.

I'm wondering if a technical pen where you load ink in a capsule would be my best bet. That way, I would only be looking for silver ink, not a silver ink pen.

jkan101

jkan101
Silver Member
I think a good place to go to look would be a an art or craft store, they would have what you need.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a good place to go to look would be a an art or craft store, they would have what you need.

I agree. I once tracked down some silver and gold ball point pens for signatures but I never liked the outcome. I was trying for a signature over a sealer and there wasn't enough friction for the ball to roll so it left a sort of blotchy outcome. I'm at home now but when I get to the shop I'll load a picture of a cue with the signature and if I can find one of the pens I can send it to you.

Dick

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree. I once tracked down some silver and gold ball point pens for signatures but I never liked the outcome. I was trying for a signature over a sealer and there wasn't enough friction for the ball to roll so it left a sort of blotchy outcome. I'm at home now but when I get to the shop I'll load a picture of a cue with the signature and if I can find one of the pens I can send it to you.

Dick

I sign between coats myself, and agree a ball point pen wouldn't do well on clear.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks a good suggestion. It has crossed my mind a time or two. I sort of always thought they were too much pen for my chicken scratch penmanship. :eek:

I switched from a rapidograph technical pen to the pigma micron because the tip of the technical pen is rather hard. With the softer pigma tip I can sign and wipe and sign and wipe until I'm satisfied with how it looks. I think I signed one cue 10 times before I didn't hate it. :sorry: With the technical pen and most likely with a metal tipped dip pen, and impression is left in the clear limiting my do overs.

Thanks a good suggestion. It has crossed my mind a time or two. I sort of always thought they were too much pen for my chicken scratch penmanship. :eek:

I switched from a rapidograph technical pen to the pigma micron because the tip of the technical pen is rather hard. With the softer pigma tip I can sign and wipe and sign and wipe until I'm satisfied with how it looks. I think I signed one cue 10 times before I didn't hate it. :sorry: With the technical pen and most likely with a metal tipped dip pen, and impression is left in the clear limiting my do overs.

A good quality dip pen will not leave any impression.

If concerned, look into bamboo dip pens--the investment will be ~$5 plus ink: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/150852-bamboo-dip-pens/

I switched to a retractable fountain pen about a year ago for my daily carry. I use a lighter touch than I do with any other pen, including my drafting pens and my expensive artist felt tips.

My penmanship is better when I use the fountain pen...partly because of the ease of writing, but I'm sure it is also because I enjoy it more.

I would join and post your question on the forum I provided. I expect that you will find some very interested people who will respond and likely offer assistance you'll find nowhere else.

tsp&b

Silver Member
I can make waterslide decals of you signature in silver or gold or just about any color that you would want.

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, after tinkering with a few different options I went with a Fisher silver ink ball point pen with a compressed gas ink cartridge. They are called space pens. It wrote OK on a cleared cue despite being ball point.