Help! Trying to Move an Antique Brunswick Table Cross Country

esquire1001

Registered
I am trying to find a pro to help move a Brunswick Kling from Phoenix to Charleston, SC. Does anyone have any contacts or leads on who might could help with that? The table needs cushions and felt as well.

I have located a reputable vendor who can take it down and crate the slates in Phoenix but they don't ship long distance.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't think you need a mechanic to haul this across country. I think I'd look at a moving company. I'd also wrap everything else myself real secure, then leave it up to professional movers to haul it.

The table is a beast or I'd say crate or box the whole thing. Rails Skirts, Frame, Legs. Assuming this is a pool table, the only hard part is the frame pcs.

Last edited:

esquire1001

Registered

I talked to one local pool table tech, and he said he had had mixed results using typical LDL moving services for pool tables, but he didn't have any long distance solutions. I thought I might get lucky and find someone who specializes in moving and setting up tables. This one has a ball return which I presume also makes it a little more complicated to take down and reassemble than a drop pocket table.

angluse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have to do normal LTL, check around and see which cross-country carriers are likely to have the fewest stops / offload-reloads during the trip, least possibility for damage that way. Way it was described to me was that a faster trip meant more handlings, whereas certain carriers would consolidate more, longer wait for a given trailer to get filled, but a potentially safer trip for your shipment due to fewer handlings. When I asked around, Roadway was my best bet, but that was over 15 years ago.
Good luck.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Realize these tables break down side frame, side, rails. They do not take all that much space. It is critical that is is taken appart correctly and wraped securely. I have a magnificent antique tabe stored under a bed in a spare bedroom! The slates are on a pallet to get them up, in the garage but that is because we just thought it a better place to store. I suggest a personal meeting with the shipped to discuss the importance of packing and handling. Also, insurance .

esquire1001

Registered
Realize these tables break down side frame, side, rails. They do not take all that much space. It is critical that is is taken appart correctly and wraped securely. I have a magnificent antique tabe stored under a bed in a spare bedroom! The slates are on a pallet to get them up, in the garage but that is because we just thought it a better place to store. I suggest a personal meeting with the shipped to discuss the importance of packing and handling. Also, insurance .

All of the posts are helpful. I found a group that can pack it, ship and insure it. I am not sure yet how many trucks it may be on or off along the way. It is not cheap, and they essentially drop in off in the drive way, so I have to coordinate someone to move it into the house when it arrives and hope it is not raining that day. I noticed a number of the guys that restore old tables offer delivery and set up and I was wondering if they do that themselves or if there is a service or company I don't know about that focuses on pool tables. I have to make a decision soon though. Thanks for the help.