• threeringcircusvf.JPG
    threeringcircusvf.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 607

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So true. My other half won $15,000 one year on that action table. :cool:

If anybody does get eliminated at the last minute for the amateur, they could jump in the Pro/Am event. That was always a fun tournament. :smile:

I watched Keith that year, he played some great pool. :thumbup:

Gio Sr.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL . Looks like I paid $100.00 to have someone sit me in the chair for 20 minutes. I wasn't expecting much. The bright side is I have a weekend pass

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Lillis' current Fargo Rating is 645. Doesn't that place him well within the amateur ranks from a skill level?

And I don't think he has ever been a top pro despite the fact that he played in a lot of pro events. He did a lot of trick-shot shows, but I don't recall him ever finishing high in big pro tournaments.

Your right, he was never considered a pro, he played many events and supporting the tour.
He's a top amateur, and great at trick shots.

Who's in, who's out, who's who and why is so and so not a pro, has been the way of the road for EVER.
Like politics, it's usually WHO you know that gets you on board.
My thinking looking at the list, there are your top pros, and then there are your players right on the edge. The promoter and his contingent make those final decisions.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
LOL . Looks like I paid $100.00 to have someone sit me in the chair for 20 minutes. I wasn't expecting much. The bright side is I have a weekend pass

Similar to the bank tournament @ DCC. Many have zero chance at cashing but enter, therefore the gate is negated, plus you have some free table/practice time.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait, Josh Roberts as in the guy who people here have been talking up as a likely Mosconi Cup participant?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
That's not amature..thats open to everyone so you cant complain about that

actually, it was an amateur event. at the time, I spoke with the director lady at the tourney desk about it. :wink:

EDIT: Just went to the SBE website. The Wednesday Warmup is *still listed* as an Amateur event.

Last edited:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play Hennessey first round of the warm up. Won't take long. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Just curious how Jonathan "Hennessy" Pinegar is considered an "amateur"???? I personally could care less but I know its gonna get brought up so why not now lol

If you get rid of him, roberts, and stottlmeyer you'll damn near be top dog lol.
Jason

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I believe this is the event Alex Olinger won a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That is correct.

Allen Hopkins did a pretty good job of policing the Open Amateur this year. But he will surely receive some flak for allowing these players to play IMO:
Ryan McCreesh, Jonathan Pingar (misspelled on the Players list ->should be spelled Pinegar), Joshua Roberts, Marc Vidal Claramunt, Ike Runnels (actually entered in Open Amateur & Seniors Amateur). Would be cool if he would just place all 5 of these guys right next to each other in the same bracket......then only 1 could advance to the money......teach them a lesson for trying to "sneak in"........Good Luck Chris B
This is a great idea.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
actually, it was an amateur event. at the time, I spoke with the director lady at the tourney desk about it. :wink:

EDIT: Just went to the SBE website. The Wednesday Warmup is *still listed* as an Amateur event.

Well all I can tell you this I have always seen pro's in it since it's inception and a close friend has worked the tournament desk for a decade and he said all our welcome in the warm up. Honestly for the little money it costs I think it would be awesome to seen svb
On the other side of the table lol

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well all I can tell you this I have always seen pro's in it since it's inception and a close friend has worked the tournament desk for a decade and he said all our welcome in the warm up. Honestly for the little money it costs I think it would be awesome to seen svb
On the other side of the table lol

Yeah? How often you gonna be ok with that?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Brian,

Allen bars any player who finishes in the top 16 players at the most recent Turning Stone events. Unfortunately Greg got caught up in this silliness. My friend Ron Casanzio can not play in the Amateur events for the same reason.

<snip> What ever happened to the "known ability" clause?

JMHO.

Lyn

Lyn;

thx for the explanation re Greg A. Still think he should habe been able to play but at least there was some rationale behind barring him that year.

"The known ability clause." Now we're talkin'. :wink:

Perk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah? How often you gonna be ok with that?

Once per year. :)

The warmup has always allowed anyone to walk up and register. Generally you can see who is in vicinity during signup and that will be your bracket. So if SVB scares you dont stand beside him during signup.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once per year. :)

The warmup has always allowed anyone to walk up and register. Generally you can see who is in vicinity during signup and that will be your bracket. So if SVB scares you dont stand beside him during signup.

Glad to find that out for free.