Handicapped Tournament Play Returns to Houston

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a long hiatus it looks like regular tournament play may be returning to Houston.

Houston has a dozen three cushion rooms, scores of tables and hundreds of players. But the tournament scene has always been a bit lean, with most players opting to simply enjoy our wonderful game. For a while a local handicapped event was one of the few tournaments held in the city. Now Bida Goodays and owner Tim Nguyen are bringing back the Saturday one-day handicapped tournament and already players are lining up to play.

The first installment of what everyone hopes will grow into a regular event in Houston begins Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 11:00AM at Goodays billiards on Bellaire. On the newly re-clothed Gabriels and Chevillotte tables... A, B and C players can vie for cash prizes in a race to 18, 15 or 12 respectively. To celebrate the event Tim has provided free lunch and refreshments for all the players!

For more details see the official tournament listing here.

If you are in or near the Houston area please stop by... hopefully to play... but at least to check out the room, the players and the Houston 3C billiards scene.

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Rick... are you going to play? Or at least come down and watch?

Some of the best players in Houston have already reserved a spot!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
id like to if theres a spot open by then, if not ill just watch

my intention when i go out is to get a game with someone, i can practice at home all i want
but i dont always get to play with someone the times i do go out

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
shoot i just now am noticing its this weekend
i cant make to this one nor will i even have the registration fee
, are there others scheduled yet?

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim Nguyen the owner of Bida Goodays in Houston told me he wants to hold regular tournaments. This is his first event and the response from Houston players has been fantastic. With the newly recovered tables there is sure to be some great play.

Remember... I post all tournaments in my events calendar. I tweet out to my followers before every event as a reminder. And I even post reminders on my home page.

Hope to see you at one of the future events.

3 Cushion Billiards Home Page

3 Cushion Billiards Events Calendar

Follow @3cBilliards on Twitter

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bumped this to the top as a reminder.

The handicapped tournament in Houston at Bida Goodays starts at 11:00am and will run until approximately 7:00pm. Many of Houston's best players are expected to show up.

Please join us if you can.

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patience grasshopper... in fact we have a gallery of every player in the event, group shots, prize ceremony... everything...

But just as a teaser... Jorge Gonzalez of the "C" entries was the winner!!! Cong Nguyen 2nd. Lan Vo had high run honors of 8.

The event was fantastic and we will definitely be doing more in Houston.

A complete story and picture gallery will be up tomorrow.... I will post links on this thread!!!!

Thanks for thinking about us...

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The story and pictures are up at 3CushionBilliards.com

Twenty Player Turnout for Houston Tournament at Bida Goodays

Everyone agreed it was a great day and many have already asked when the next event is going to take place. Hopefully other rooms in Houston will see the value of holding tournaments and jump in.

I will continue to cover the events on my website, donate to the prize funds, and also provide help in running the tournament for any room that may wish to schedule one.

Thanks to all who support 3C.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The story and pictures are up at 3CushionBilliards.com

Everyone agreed it was a great day and many have already asked when the next event is going to take place. Hopefully other rooms in Houston will see the value of holding tournaments and jump in.

I will continue to cover the events on my website, donate to the prize funds, and also provide help in running the tournament for any room that may wish to schedule one.

Thanks to all who support 3C.

Man, Houston sounds awesome for the 3C world. I am going to be going to the Cowboys-Giants opening football game in Dallas and since we will be driving down there I am hoping to detour for a day in Houston. If so I hope to be able to meet you and beneath_the_sur. If so I will want to get a lesson from you.

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Kissed Out... send me a PM before you go so we can hook up. Love to take you around and show you the Houston 3C Billiard scene.

Remember folks... room directory listings including tables available, inside and outside pictures and a map with directions (google) are on my web site.

Searchable Where-To-Play Directory

Right now if you search for "Houston" eight active 3-Cushion rooms come up with a total of 40 heated tables... but there are a bunch more rooms in town with non-heated tables where the players mostly play straight-rail (aka free game)

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish everyone well in Houston. What a great vista of carom billiards in the U.S. Thanks to Tim, Paul, and Doug for revitalizing tournaments. I've missed a couple opportunities to get down to Houston. It is on my bucket list.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
ive played with dung n. before at us billiards, hes got such a smooth finesse about how he plays,
he dogged me quick to 25 in about 5 to 8 innings once, really neat watching him play he so good
a nice guy to, has given tips to me just like everyone else ive played with, all happy to help out

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive played with dung n. before at us billiards, hes got such a smooth finesse about how he plays,
he dogged me quick to 25 in about 5 to 8 innings once, really neat watching him play he so good
a nice guy to, has given tips to me just like everyone else ive played with, all happy to help out

Yeah, while it must be great to have your own table, I think trying to learn the game on your own without playing a lot with other people who are better than you is a tough way to do it. It has been my own experience that billiard players are generally pretty willing to share their knowledge.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Yeah, while it must be great to have your own table, I think trying to learn the game on your own without playing a lot with other people who are better than you is a tough way to do it. It has been my own experience that billiard players are generally pretty willing to share their knowledge.

it is tough, tough for me to even get out, and still tough to get a game when i do manage to get up there

but it is sweet having your own of course

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
83a9554230ed6e6cccfe522a2a4bd53e_L.jpg

dogloose

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The players from the Houston tournament pictured in the post from beneath_the_sur are:

(L to R) Quoc Ahn, Lan Vo, Thanh Vu, Ti Map, Tu Huynh, Nam Pham, John Nguyen, Jat Karahan, Vuong Nguyen, Cong Nguyen, Tim Nguyen (owner), Huy Nguyen, Doug Deitel, Jorge Gonzalez, Hoan Ton, Minh Lam, Dung Nguyen, Fernando Corrales, Son Joker, Joel Rivera, Nacho Galindo and Lorenso Silva. (Not pictured Khanh Ly)

Picture taken by Eric Nguyen who along with his brother Tim own Bida Goodays. More pictures of the players in the Image Gallery here:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Another tournament today, I was going to play this one but worked called

Looking forward to the results