Simple cue designs you love. Woods and simple ring work.

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That came out beautiful! The black and nickel rings really pop with the finish on it. It looks fantastic.

I opted for no black and no metal rings. Here is the photoshop I did for the design, but I don't believe he has started on it yet, but that has been mostly because I didn't send him a finished design until yesterday.

Mine is Cocobolo, and Curly with no rings except for the wood itself. I am ashamed at how many iterations I did of the simple design, black joints, silver joints, ivory joints, no butt cap, with butt cap, various ring patterns etc. I had a lot of fun actually. I think your cue really helped me settle on the ivory butt and joints, as I kept coming back to those designs as my favorite.

If you ever want another cue mocked up I have a PS file with all the options ready to go. :lol:

ovcu2C7.png

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That came out beautiful! The black and nickel rings really pop with the finish on it. It looks fantastic.

I opted for no black and no metal rings. Here is the photoshop I did for the design, but I don't believe he has started on it yet, but that has been mostly because I didn't send him a finished design until yesterday.

Mine is Cocobolo, and Curly with no rings except for the wood itself. I am ashamed at how many iterations I did of the simple design, black joints, silver joints, ivory joints, no butt cap, with butt cap, various ring patterns etc. I had a lot of fun actually. I think your cue really helped me settle on the ivory butt and joints, as I kept coming back to those designs as my favorite.

If you ever want another cue mocked up I have a PS file with all the options ready to go. :lol:

ovcu2C7.png

That's a really unique design. Will be very interesting to see it turned into an actual cue. Please post progress pics.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I don't know how much you want to spend but you may be better off going to a show like the SBE. You will be able to see cues in person and try them out.

If possible try a Sugartree. He uses wood to the max but his cues usually are at a premium because of that.

To have a cue made based on what you think may look nice may not play or feel the way you would like or want.

🎱

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I like simple full splices right now, hustler no joint collar

Ebony nose curly purple heart
Curly maple and goncola aves

Excellent wood combos

Attachments

• IMG_20170107_082554.jpg
    IMG_20170107_082554.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 1,321
  • IMG_20170102_194859.jpg
    IMG_20170102_194859.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,335

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue has been on the lathe, and taking some shape. :D

]

Looking nice. Very interesting design you came up with but looks like it will work well. Looks like a really nice piece of coco too. Excited to see more updates.

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just about finished. I am excited to see it in person, and even more so to get on the table.

CAzThJql.jpg

xdZMrycl.jpg

VJmQ9Ill.jpg

zkKD8FZl.jpg

SnRpNPol.jpg

nICn08Ml.jpg

pu3XBHcl.jpg

JC

Coos Cues
Here are a couple of cues I'm finishing up along the lines of simple wood and rings

Curly claro walnut with a dark cocobolo handle

Other cue cocobolo with padauk handle and bloodwood butt sleeve and joint.

Sorry about the glare on the photos

P1090660 [800x600].jpg

P1090659 [800x600].jpg

P1090657 [800x600].jpg

P1090656 [800x600].jpg

P1090658 [800x600].jpg

JC

jGrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Webb made me this recently, looks great and plays even better. Sorry my pics are a little rough
dbb90a3e23594c1a65197bd44cc4b41f.jpg
69f9ddaa59687c94c90f652f2f5c5264.jpg
3d862457d24f0249871b97496e36725d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue came in yesterday. It looks great, and has a really solid hit. I need some more table time with it, but I am happy with the results.

M0J5DK4h.jpg

Jqp7h5Oh.jpg

gVrW50ah.jpg

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Here's my twig. Simple yet easily the best hitting cue I've owned.
26ec9542e0aa84361af5058512a50956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk