What would you do❓🎱

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
I introduced a good friend of mine to another good friend of mine that just moved back into town. Well to make a long story short they started barking at each other and ended up playing a pretty decent size 10 ahead set. My buddy that just moved back is pissed now because he lost pretty handily to my other friend and says I should have told him.

What do you do in this situation?

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tell the loser to practice more, or to get a spot and run that sh!t back! ;)

Who really cares, I keep looking at your avatar pic.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
So you introduced a friend to another friend hoping that they too would become friends, but instead the two friends barked themselves into an unfriendly match in which one friend laid a beating on the other friend, so now the loser friend is mad at you for not warning him about the other friend? :confused:
I would tell my loser friend that I didn't know my just-moved-back-from-outta-town friend's speed, since he just moved back from outta town. It's his own fault for getting hot and setting himself up for a bad game.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they got crappy with each other then I would stay out of it. My guess the loser was running his mouth (they both probably were) and he lost....tough luck.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried to go out with 2 different friends who had never met to dinner a couple of times , both times , I thought they would end up in a fight??
Seperate they are the nicest people you could ask for .

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's only your fault that they met. You had nothing to do with the gambling. I wouldn't miss a wink of sleep about it.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About 20 years ago when I was young and fiery, a friend contacts me and asks me to meet him in such and such pub for a drink and a few frames with a mate of his (that I had not met).

Anyway. I arrive early and put my name down (as you do in the UK) and then start playing this guy I had never met. I am beating him easily and he starts making not to subtle snidy remarks under his breath about my game, what I am wearing (a suit) and all sorts.

Within five minutes we are nearly at blows when my friend walks in and says

"Oh! You've met each other then!"

The guy I had been playing was obviously the guy he had arranged for me to meet..

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
My dad always said if u can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. He did the barking he just didn't have the bite. Its not ur fault I've had this happen with me and friends and seen it happen too others ect maybe next time ur buddy will get him. Don't feel bad its happens.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
I introduced a good friend of mine to another good friend of mine that just moved back into town. Well to make a long story short they started barking at each other and ended up playing a pretty decent size 10 ahead set. My buddy that just moved back is pissed now because he lost pretty handily to my other friend and says I should have told him.

Tell your friend who lost:

"You want to bark at, and then gamble with, a guy who you have no clue how he plays and then you want to blame someone else besides yourself? Give me a break. If you choose to gamble with people when you have no clue how well they play, then you are assuming the risk that he might be better than you and might win your money. If you don't like that risk, then don't gamble with people whose games you are not familiar with. You are a big boy who makes his own decisions and I didn't feel it appropriate to interfere."

or

"I figured if you were worried about losing you would have asked me how well he plays/who would be favored in the game. By barking at the guy and by not asking me my opinion it made it pretty clear to me that you were perfectly ok with taking the risk that he might be better and you might lose and I didn't feel it appropriate to question your decision and motivation. In the future if you don't want to lose because you didn't know someone's speed, you should probably find out what their speed is before barking at them and gambling with them."

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Tell your friend who lost:

"You want to bark at, and then gamble with, a guy who you have no clue how he plays and then you want to blame someone else besides yourself? Give me a break. If you choose to gamble with people when you have no clue how well they play, then you are assuming the risk that he might be better than you and might win your money. If you don't like that risk, then don't gamble with people whose games you are not familiar with. You are a big boy who makes his own decisions and I didn't feel it appropriate to interfere."

or

"I figured if you were worried about losing you would have asked me how well he plays/who would be favored in the game. By barking at the guy and by not asking me my opinion it made it pretty clear to me that you were perfectly ok with taking the risk that he might be better and you might lose and I didn't feel it appropriate to question your decision and motivation. In the future if you don't want to lose because you didn't know someone's speed, you should probably find out what their speed is before barking at them and gambling with them."

The second scenario is the almost exactly what I said. I was just always told "don't knock anyone's action." He will get over it. Sounds like everyone else would have let them play too.

playdoubles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't worry too much!

I would quit pool... :killingme:

Or bring them together for a re-match at darts!
Maybe that settles the matter... :bash: :rotflmao1:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You already have the correct advice. Both guys are your friends. You had nothing to do with the barking or setting anyone up. Don't ask, don't tell. If the looser brings it up again, tell him its his own fault for not asking as previously instructed. BTW, the other guy may have slipped in his absence

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

I take it that they are grown men so stay out it. As long as you weren't betting against him and didn't walk him into it he should not blame you. Besides if you can't play your friends then who can you play?

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
The answer is obvious... you beat both friends out of all their money to humble them both and make this thing right.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Should have told him what?? Not to gamble??

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Sounds like the barking came from the loser. Byer beware is a term that life dishes out at every turn. There are allot of people out there that learn the hard way, and :crying: about it. Sounds like someone doesn't like growing up and complains when they don't get their way. Sourgrapes....that's too bad, give em a hug and tell em it'll be ok in the morning.;)

Last edited: