GC II Scoring dials need lube

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
Wednesday (Feb 3), I had my Gold Crown II delivered and set up. It has scoring dials which are stiff at points, roll together at points, and squeak.

Being wise in my old age :wink:, I decided to ask the experts here how to best address the situation before experimenting recklessly with WD-40 or whatever...

I've no intention of taking the thing apart - I have no ability that direction, but can I lube it somehow?

Any info appreciated, Thanks!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Wednesday (Feb 3), I had my Gold Crown II delivered and set up. It has scoring dials which are stiff at points, roll together at points, and squeak.

Being wise in my old age :wink:, I decided to ask the experts here how to best address the situation before experimenting recklessly with WD-40 or whatever...

I've no intention of taking the thing apart - I have no ability that direction, but can I lube it somehow?

Not really, the score keepers need work done on the tension springs, if right, they don't need any lubricant.

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
Well, appreciate the reply.

Guess I'll just have to live with it for a while - get them fixed or replaced whenever the felt is ready for replacement.

Tiddler

AzB Silver Haired Member
Silver Member
Look up Paul Schofield's posting in this forum on how to fix the springs . I think it's on the second page.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member

WD-40 isn't a lubricant and shouldn't be used as such..