Lint cleaner vs Simonis X1 vs Horsehair brush

JC

Coos Cues
I have three paint roller sized Mr. Schticky lint removers and they work great on my simonis. Three is how many you need to do one cleaning because they pick up so much they aren't sticky any more. Then you wash them with soap and water and they are ready to go again after they dry. They pick up a tremendous amount of grime left over after vacuuming.

I also have one with the tear off sheets and it's a pain in the ass compared to the cleanable ones.

JC

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fraud test

This is not a valid test. Did you read the instructions on how to use the X Cleaner because it is not demonstrated correct. Rubbing fast over the cloth creates static electricity and draws chalk and dirt up and out. Lint as well. You did not do this right.

Use what you want but you demo is not accurate.
Phil Dade

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not a valid test. Did you read the instructions on how to use the X Cleaner because it is not demonstrated correct. Rubbing fast over the cloth creates static electricity and draws chalk and dirt up and out. Lint as well. You did not do this right.

Use what you want but you demo is not accurate.
Phil Dade

Yes. I read and used the X-1 as instructed. I used it for 1 year or more before trying a lint cleaner. I would rub it on the cloth so vigorously back and forth quickly that my arm felt like it was falling off. In all that rubbing, it never got any "lint/hair/dirt" in the year I used it. It may or may not be affective on chalk, I can't be sure either way. But for lint, it completely does not work.

That is the reason I looked for other solutions, and came across the lint roller.

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I do not work for Simonis or the X cleaner:wink:. However it is not being demonstrated correct. Mine works perfect. You have to work vigoriously in small areas and you can go either way. I have Simonis 860 hr. First i use a hand vac about every other time or two. Then I bush the table with a two angle brush that does the rubber on top and under. Then I the use a regular brush, both one way towards the head. Lastly, I bring out the X cleaner and use as instructed and the table id flawless.

I am not saying the lint roller does not work, but the x cleaner is not a lint brush. It is alot more and a great device if used right. The way it was demonistrated would not produce good results as not static electricity was created.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First, I do not work for Simonis or the X cleaner:wink:. However it is not being demonstrated correct. Mine works perfect. You have to work vigoriously in small areas and you can go either way. I have Simonis 860 hr. First i use a hand vac about every other time or two. Then I bush the table with a two angle brush that does the rubber on top and under. Then I the use a regular brush, both one way towards the head. Lastly, I bring out the X cleaner and use as instructed and the table id flawless.

I am not saying the lint roller does not work, but the x cleaner is not a lint brush. It is alot more and a great device if used right. The way it was demonistrated would not produce good results as not static electricity was created.

We can agree to disagree.

You do 3 things before using the X1, that might get the lint and hairs up first. What if you use only the X1? Will it still get the "lint and hair"?

When I made the video, I was holding my phone in one hand, and the 3 products in the other, and fumbling around while talking and moving. And trying to get the iPhone to focus on the tiny pieces of lint and hair. That's why the video sucked. Yes, I was not vigorous with the X1 in the video. But I had been for the year prior to taking that video and prior to discovering the lint roller. It just pushes "lint and hairs" around. It doesn't pick them up.

Chalk, specifically, maybe it gets. I can't tell for sure. But specifically "lint and hairs" that accumulate on the table, it does not get for me, no matter how vigorous I rub the X-1 back and forth in small areas until my arm falls off.

Gary Sanossian

Nineballgs
Here is a tip.......Throw away the brush....Brushing tables went out in the year of "The Hustler". If the cloth was installed properly.....Vacuum The table with a good vacuum....NO BEATER BAR ATTACHMENT.....use the brush Furniture attachment.....after you do this.....Take a percale or muslin pillow case......SOAK IT IN WATER and wash the table.....Do Not ring it out......Soak the cloth and wipe it with the white pillow case.....just like you were washing the floor......I believe you will be amazed when it dries.....Should dry within a half an hour......Polish the balls and your table will NEVER play better.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a tip.......Throw away the brush....Brushing tables went out in the year of "The Hustler". If the cloth was installed properly.....Vacuum The table with a good vacuum....NO BEATER BAR ATTACHMENT.....use the brush Furniture attachment.....after you do this.....Take a percale or muslin pillow case......SOAK IT IN WATER and wash the table.....Do Not ring it out......Soak the cloth and wipe it with the white pillow case.....just like you were washing the floor......I believe you will be amazed when it dries.....Should dry within a half an hour......Polish the balls and your table will NEVER play better.

Gary. You are nuts! Lol.

I've never heard this method suggested and would love to see video of you performing it on YOUR table.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lint roller is great for debris on the table, but is not going to address the chalk issue.

If you've ever properly brushed your table, then taken the brush outside and cleaned it by stroking the bristles vigorously you would find that a great deal of chalk is picked up by the brush.

X-1 similarly.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lint roller is great for debris on the table, but is not going to address the chalk issue.

If you've ever properly brushed your table, then taken the brush outside and cleaned it by stroking the bristles vigorously you would find that a great deal of chalk is picked up by the brush.

X-1 similarly.

Yes, the video was really only to show the debris and lint and crap that gets on the table. The lint roller excels at that in my testing. Better than anything else, by far. I still follow it up with the X1 for the chalk in the cloth.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lint roller then the x-1 is what i do. they do two different things, imo. BUT if i had to choose only one, lint roller.