Nitti vs Capone vs Gilbert cue stiffness

kaoandy1125

Registered
I'm looking to buy my first custom cue, and would like some opinions from you guys :)
I did some research and found all of these above mentioned cues have a lot great reviews from a lot of people, I'm just wondering if we talk about "Playability" only, what are the characteristics of each of the mentioned cues?
I have been playing with the predator vantage shaft and really like its stiffness (compared to a few other production cues I've played with), just wondering if the vantage shaft is indeed on the stiff side? If it's on the stiff side, which of the above mentioned cue maker makes stiffer cues?
I heard Gilbert cues are a bit on the soft side, is this true?
Of course if you think there's another cue maker that makes good stiff cue please let me know, but I don't want to break the bank for my first custom cue though (Yes I know Southwest makes good cues ahahaha).
Thanks in advance

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I'm looking to buy my first custom cue, and would like some opinions from you guys :)
I did some research and found all of these above mentioned cues have a lot great reviews from a lot of people, I'm just wondering if we talk about "Playability" only, what are the characteristics of each of the mentioned cues?
I have been playing with the predator vantage shaft and really like its stiffness (compared to a few other production cues I've played with), just wondering if the vantage shaft is indeed on the stiff side? If it's on the stiff side, which of the above mentioned cue maker makes stiffer cues?
I heard Gilbert cues are a bit on the soft side, is this true?
Of course if you think there's another cue maker that makes good stiff cue please let me know, but I don't want to break the bank for my first custom cue though (Yes I know Southwest makes good cues ahahaha).
Thanks in advance

One vote for CAPONE !!!

KD

kaoandy1125

Registered
thanks for your reply, just wondering if you could elaborate more on why you choose capone? is it more stiff or it just feels right? have you tried the other 2 cue makers' cue before?
thank you

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I played with Robb saez Gilbert. Nice cue. I looked at nitti cues at expo and too thin in the butt section. I got big hands and 6 feet 2!

He is head of American cue makers association!

No known customer service issues.

Plus, his joint method is my preference! Makes a stiff hit and maintained feel.

Hoped this helped. He works 2 jobs and hard to reach at times as a result. But, trust worthy and true to his word.

Kd
Mike Wilson

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

islandboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never hit with a Nitti or Gilbert, but I love the way my Capone plays. Very accurate, very low deflection, with a solid, but slightly soft hit.

Slightly stiff taper, not whippy and not a high action cue like a Meucci. A precise hitting cue with great feedback.

Oh, and to top it off, Mike's workmanship and finish are outstanding.