Original Joss Color of Money Cue

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Being new I might not have the right forum for this question.

I have a original Joss Color of Money cue and have been told it has some collector value. I no longer play with it but did so for many years. It is still in very good shape and very playable.

Does this Cue have any real collectors value and what might be a price range of its value to a collector????? Would it be worth having Joss refurbish the cue to increase it's value???

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Being new I might not have the right forum for this question.

I have a original Joss Color of Money cue and have been told it has some collector value. I no longer play with it but did so for many years. It is still in very good shape and very playable.

Does this Cue have any real collectors value and what might be a price range of its value to a collector????? Would it be worth having Joss refurbish the cue to increase it's value???

Is it a j series joss with gold letters on the shaft and butt? Do the letters line up?

Regardless its not really gone up in value since new. The old gold letter joss (or white letters for that matter) from the 80's have held their value fairly well, but not gone up.

Ball Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cubswin

Yes this is the Gold Letters on the joint that match up perfect. I actually got this Cue in a Trade about 15 years ago and of course feel I got the best end of the deal. At the time I didn't realize it was the Color of Money Cue. Not until I was playing in League one night did I find out it was the Color of Money limited edition. The new edition of this cue now has the Joss name on the butt instead of the Joint.

I know older Joss cues don't lose value as long as they still play good. But my question is more about the Color of Money model as a collectors item??? Does this cue have collectors value and if so what price range??? Someone told me it was worth about $ 1,500. Is that fair or way off???

BTW I have promised this Cue to my son, so I will not sell it. But I would like to have some idea as to it's realistic value.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Cubswin

Yes this is the Gold Letters on the joint that match up perfect. I actually got this Cue in a Trade about 15 years ago and of course feel I got the best end of the deal. At the time I didn't realize it was the Color of Money Cue. Not until I was playing in League one night did I find out it was the Color of Money limited edition. The new edition of this cue now has the Joss name on the butt instead of the Joint.

I know older Joss cues don't lose value as long as they still play good. But my question is more about the Color of Money model as a collectors item??? Does this cue have collectors value and if so what price range??? Someone told me it was worth about $ 1,500. Is that fair or way off???

BTW I have promised this Cue to my son, so I will not sell it. But I would like to have some idea as to it's realistic value.

Way off in value in my opinion. You'd be lucky to get 600 with one shaft, maybe 675 with two shafts. And that is for one in pristine condition. Thats just my opinion of course.

New you could get them for between 425 (what I paid for a new one in the 80's) and 525 depending on the dealer. Last couple gold letter cues I've had have sold for between 250-400. The higher end was a fairly fancy cue, with two full shafts that both lined up. Thats pretty rare and it still didn't bring much.

Great cues in my humble opinion, just not really collectible or valuable.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball Banger, You should go back and read the other thread you started. There is alot of info there.

henrygale39

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues are like anything else its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it . throw out a ridiculous price you might have some idiot buy it . ya never know.

brian v

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it is !

Attachments

• 20121102_141543.jpg
    20121102_141543.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,524

Laars

Banned
My Joss color of money cue is from 1987 and the butt is actually stained. I've never seen another one like it.

The Joss logo is in gold, and the 3 shafts all line up with the logos. My favorite cue. This cue has won a lot of money for me. In the late 80s early 90s, it paid my rent most months.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
My Joss color of money cue is from 1987 and the butt is actually stained. I've never seen another one like it.

The Joss logo is in gold, and the 3 shafts all line up with the logos. My favorite cue. This cue has won a lot of money for me. In the late 80s early 90s, it paid my rent most months.

I had one of those, brought it new in 90 I think. Was a stained one like yours. Loved that cue. Had two shafts with ivory ferrules, and I traded it for something. One of those trades I've regretted ever since.

Laars

Banned
I had one of those, brought it new in 90 I think. Was a stained one like yours. Loved that cue. Had two shafts with ivory ferrules, and I traded it for something. One of those trades I've regretted ever since.

Very cool. I like the stain better then the plain. I'm glad I've kept for all these years. My main cue now is a Jacoby which feels and plays a lot like my Joss.

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's cool that this cue has some Hollywood notoriety, but this design is just cool regardless IMO. It's definitely in the top 3 production designs I've seen.