J&J or Rage break cue? $100 or less

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have heard more about the J&J. Never really heard anything bad and have heard several people saying they are great.

I would say just make sure you get the tip you want.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I have a Rage Sneaky Pete for a player when I go somewhere I'm not familiar with. Very nice hit to it. I can't speak personally about the J&J - but I've heard good things about them too. I suspect that you'd be happy with either.

One point: the J&J offer a couple models with 2 shafts - one player and one break.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cheap break cue

I changed my mind and bought a Mcdermott Stinger. I really like the cue so far, the Phenolic tip holds chalk well, And breaks the rack apart with less effort than my leather tipped break cue. I also like Mcdermotts life time warranty.

raggii

Hi there

You got me really interested in these cues.

Can you tell me how it is as a jump cue?

Thanks

moneytalks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I splurged for the Mcd Stinger too. It's worth it.. BUT you might check out the Panther Jump Breaks on Ebay. Look nicer and I think they are also made by J&J? Either way they have the G10 tip that should break like dynamite.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I changed my mind and bought a Mcdermott Stinger. I really like the cue so far, the Phenolic tip holds chalk well, And breaks the rack apart with less effort than my leather tipped break cue. I also like Mcdermotts life time warranty.

I had the Stinger before owning the J&J...Nothing wrong with that cue, the weights were close to the same, 19.5 vs 20. I can honestly tell you that after owning both, the J&J fits ME better. I am breaking with more control, and spreading the rack better with the J&J, than I did with my McDermott Stinger. I think the McD maybe jumped a little better, but as a breaker, it's J&J all the way. :cool:
Enjoy your cue.
j2

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the Stinger, It breaks and jumps perfectly. The phenolic tip holds chalk well and has not miscued even using English. Money well spent

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
my j and j breaks good for me. I did change out the ferrule and tip. Had a one piece tip on it, and broke it a couple of times. Loved it, but now have a phenolic ferrule with a white diamond tip on it. Jumps great, breaks great.

Did have it lightened a bit over stock, but even with the work I have under 100 in it and been using it for years.