BK3 vs Mezz Kai

gh2010ism

Registered
Not looking for a war. I'm interested in buying one of them. Just curious why you chose one over the other. Was one weighted more forward and you liked that better and so fourth thanks in advance.

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Considering both can have the weight adjusted quite easily, I don't think one being more forward/rear weighted is a good reason to pick one over the other, unless you need it to be particularly forward balanced.

It's largely going to come down to the shaft - the BK3 shaft is what you get with Predator, but there's a bit of head scratching to do in the Mezz camp - Deep Impact I, DI II (stock with the Kai), Pro R, Pro H.

The DI II plays closest to the BK3 shaft in that it's not quite as stiff as the Pros; a bit whippier.

gh2010ism

Registered
Well I broke with a guys bk3 tonight and was not impressed. I bought one the other day and I'm waiting for delivery. I broke way better with my playing cue and the balls scattered much better. At this point I think I really don't like the phenolic tip that it comes with. My friend has a cheap break stick I put a samsara tip on and I can crush the rack with it. So I'm really hoping its just the phenolic tip that I don't like we will see.