Feedback on 3 cues I am building

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
These cues are not done yet. They will be done in about 3 more weeks. All 3 cues will have leather wraps. These cues will be $300.00 each Thanks Dave

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308159749001.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308159749001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 987
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308159774058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308159774058.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 993
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308159798235.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308159798235.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 987
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308159827538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308159827538.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 980
  • uploadfromtaptalk1308159856908.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308159856908.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 988
Last edited:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
I think you should line up the grain in the maple circles to be straight up/down. Also, don't use unnatural stains. I hate blue... and gray for that matter lol.

Use purpleheart for purple, mulberry or yellowheart for yellow, etc. Avoid blue and gray at all costs, and NEVER combine them... I will cry, vomit, and shit myself at the same time if you do.

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
I think you should line up the grain in the maple circles to be straight up/down. Also, don't use unnatural stains. I hate blue... and gray for that matter lol.

Use purpleheart for purple, mulberry or yellowheart for yellow, etc. Avoid blue and gray at all costs, and NEVER combine them... I will cry, vomit, and shit myself at the same time if you do.

Hello thank you for your opinion. I guess you can keep hating blue and gray. Cause that is not blue stain with gray. It is blue diamond wood with yellow veneers. Now plz don't take this the wrong way but I will give you a ride to the eye Dr if you need 1 lol. Here is a close up pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1308181500689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1308181500689.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 946

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Not trying to start a pissing contest, but is diamond wood stained blue, or does the diamond tree naturally grow
blue?:p

Rodney-----sticking up for Z

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
It is stained blue. But where is the gray in there with the blue. I did cut down the only blue diamond would tree know to man though lmao

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
These cues are not done yet. They will be done in about 3 more weeks. All 3 cues will have leather wraps. These cues will be $300.00 each Thanks Dave

I think your selling yourself short, $300 is too little for what I see in those pictures. In my opinion they look real nice, and I hope you post some photo's of the finished product.

JIMO

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
It is stained blue. But where is the gray in there with the blue. I did cut down the only blue diamond would tree know to man though lmao

LOL!

While these cues are not really to my taste, I like the fact that you think outside the box, and have come up with unique designs. I tinker with cues sometimes, and I have a hard time thinking outside the box.

Rodney-------no imagination.

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Very unique!

I'm a fan of non-traditional cues.

Not everyone will like what you do, but, for those that can appreciate your imagination, they will have something truly unique.

Keep up the good work!

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the ebony?/purpleheart. It would look AWESOME with some curly maple in there... You could also make a purpleheart shaft for a break cue version to "match."
I got the impression you were going for the red white and blue look in the other cue. It is not to my taste, but art and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Personally I like the gray stained woods (seen in the cue next to the 3 you're building). McDermott has made tons of money on their lower end cues just by offering a rainbow of colors, natural or otherwise. I looked at my D-4 today on their webpage... it looked NASTY with no stain. (My stain is Charcoal gray ;)
I think you are on the right track offering something different without being overdone. Some of Richard Black's cues have multiple woods/composite type designs. 20 years from now, your 3 cues could be collectors pieces, you never know. Samsara's Intarsia style is out of the box as well. Just because a cue doesn't follow the "norm" doesn't mean it isn't worth more to the right customer.
Do you have a logo or plan on signing the cues?
Keep up the good work.:thumbup:
Jeremy

Last edited:

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
Yes I have a logo just trying think where I should put it. Thanks for all the feed back so far. Dave

EddySJ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Logo location..

For those cues, I would lean towards the butt cap. I think it would take away from the look of the cues anywhere else. JMO:scratchhead:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Hello thank you for your opinion. I guess you can keep hating blue and gray. Cause that is not blue stain with gray. It is blue diamond wood with yellow veneers. Now plz don't take this the wrong way but I will give you a ride to the eye Dr if you need 1 lol. Here is a close up pic

It's not a problem with my eyes, it's a problem with your interpretation of my post. I hate blue and gray on their own, but I REALLY hate them together. I do in fact realize that they are not together in any of your cues. I hate them by themselves just fine, though ;)

Specifically here:
I will cry, vomit, and shit myself at the same time if you do.
I say "if you do" at the end, acknowledging that you haven't yet.

Last edited:

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
When you allow another to influence your designs, construction methods and color
choices of that which you create, you are giving-up your individuality and personal creativity.
They are no longer your ideas. They are those of your critics.

I see some elements of individual thinking in your cues; some creativity.
If they have a dramatic influence on someone's bodily functions then I'd say
you are making a strong statement in your work.
Toilet-paper is cheap....creativity is priceless.

No where is it written that different wood's grain should be held in alignment.
No where is it written that rings should be held in alignment.
No where is it written that certain color choices shouldn't be used together.
It's your statement. Make it as your soul dictates.

Your work will not appeal to everyone. I view that as a plus.
The masses are entrenched in their comfort-zone and haven't the ability to think
outside the box. Nor do they have the vision to see something other than traditional.
Screw the masses. They will stifle creativity in all it's forms because it exceeds
the boundaries of their limited and confining comfort-zone.
Innovation comes from creative thinking. It comes from people with the stones to try
something different.

Building cues is an art-form, a means of expression.
It's a vehicle for YOUR vision, expression and the statement that YOU wish to make.
In the end, don't let a guy that licks a bowling-ball tell you how to build cues.
It's obvious where their head is at.

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

skankhammer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Manwon. Those are great looking cues. If they hit as good as they look, you are selling them to cheap! I love the style.

Bill the Cat

Proud maker of CAT cues
Silver Member
Well said!

When you allow another to influence your designs, construction methods and color
choices of that which you create, you are giving-up your individuality and personal creativity.
They are no longer your ideas. They are those of your critics.

I see some elements of individual thinking in your cues; some creativity.
If they have a dramatic influence on someone's bodily functions then I'd say
you are making a strong statement in your work.
Toilet-paper is cheap....creativity is priceless.

No where is it written that different wood's grain should be held in alignment.
No where is it written that rings should be held in alignment.
No where is it written that certain color choices shouldn't be used together.
It's your statement. Make it as your soul dictates.

Your work will not appeal to everyone. I view that as a plus.
The masses are entrenched in their comfort-zone and haven't the ability to think
outside the box. Nor do they have the vision to see something other than traditional.
Screw the masses. They will stifle creativity in all it's forms because it exceeds
the boundaries of their limited and confining comfort-zone.
Innovation comes from creative thinking. It comes from people with the stones to try
something different.

Building cues is an art-form, a means of expression.
It's a vehicle for YOUR vision, expression and the statement that YOU wish to make.
In the end, don't let a guy that licks a bowling-ball tell you how to build cues.
It's obvious where their head is at.

Tap, tap, tap!

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smart approach!

They look good to me and as has been said if they hit good you are on to something. good luck with them!

Last edited:

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
Do your own thing of course, you should create your own identity as a cuemaker. I offered my feedback as requested. I hope I didn't offend, I just have very strong distaste for unnatural stains. Put my feedback in context, I'm one of several hundred thousand custom cue owners. Maybe others share my distaste, maybe they don't. But, that's how I feel about the cues you posted :)

DavesCueRepair

Just Custom Creations
Silver Member
Do your own thing of course, you should create your own identity as a cuemaker. I offered my feedback as requested. I hope I didn't offend, I just have very strong distaste for unnatural stains. Put my feedback in context, I'm one of several hundred thousand custom cue owners. Maybe others share my distaste, maybe they don't. But, that's how I feel about the cues you posted :)

No you didn't offend me at all. I know I will not build cues that will be to everyone's taste. When I started thinking about building cues. I knew I didn't want to build cue like all other cue makers. I want to thank everyone for there feedback. Thanks Dave