McDermott Warranties

arthurbacon

Registered
I just want to put in a good word for McDermott Cue warranties. In the past year I have had to return two cues and both times I was VERY happy with McDermott's response. The first was regarding a ten-year-old Sneaky Pete which I had sanded and re-stained and then sanded and painted and then sanded and re-stained so that it looked like a house cue from a pool room that had recently been attacked by ISIL. But they fixed the slight wobble. The reason I "antiqued" the stick was for road play, especially in Mexico and Central America where, in some places the annual income is less than the cost of a McDermott Sneaky Pete ($300). The stick plays wonderfully despite its funky look. I had more than one altercation when some dude wanted to play with my cue and insisted that it could not possibly be my cue because it looked like such a crummy house cue. Now that is a true sneaky Pete!

The other issue was with a Stinger jump/break cue which developed a slight wobble. My table is in my work shed which is pretty water resistant but a little water leaks on to the floor (NOT on my table) when our Seattle rains last more than a week. I always leave my cues lying flat on the table but perhaps the general dampness eventually took its toll on this otherwise beautiful piece of equipment. I must admit that I was relying on McDermott's generous warranty promise. So to wrap up my story I sent the Stinger back and what do they do? They send me a brand new Stinger! Something to think about the next time you buy a cue.

:thumbup:

Daryle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good customer service like this should be recognised on this board, so members know which company stands by their products. Well done McDermott, you have had my business before and I have never had an issue with one of your cues.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BigAlTheTiger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to put in a good word for McDermott Cue warranties. In the past year I have had to return two cues and both times I was VERY happy with McDermott's response. The first was regarding a ten-year-old Sneaky Pete which I had sanded and re-stained and then sanded and painted and then sanded and re-stained so that it looked like a house cue from a pool room that had recently been attacked by ISIL. But they fixed the slight wobble. The reason I "antiqued" the stick was for road play, especially in Mexico and Central America where, in some places the annual income is less than the cost of a McDermott Sneaky Pete ($300). The stick plays wonderfully despite its funky look. I had more than one altercation when some dude wanted to play with my cue and insisted that it could not possibly be my cue because it looked like such a crummy house cue. Now that is a true sneaky Pete!

The other issue was with a Stinger jump/break cue which developed a slight wobble. My table is in my work shed which is pretty water resistant but a little water leaks on to the floor (NOT on my table) when our Seattle rains last more than a week. I always leave my cues lying flat on the table but perhaps the general dampness eventually took its toll on this otherwise beautiful piece of equipment. I must admit that I was relying on McDermott's generous warranty promise. So to wrap up my story I sent the Stinger back and what do they do? They send me a brand new Stinger! Something to think about the next time you buy a cue.

:thumbup:

Did you buy yours new or used?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
ten-year-old Sneaky Pete which I had sanded and re-stained and then sanded and painted and then sanded and re-stained so that it looked like a house cue from a pool room that had recently been attacked by ISIL.

The reason I "antiqued" the stick was for road play, especially in Mexico and Central America where, in some places the annual income is less than the cost of a McDermott Sneaky Pete ($300). The stick plays wonderfully despite its funky look. I had more than one altercation when some dude wanted to play with my cue and insisted that it could not possibly be my cue because it looked like such a crummy house cue. Now that is a true sneaky Pete! :thumbup:

How much would you charge to make another?

McDermott should do this as an option. They could use any "Blemish" rejects.

Fender has been doing the same thing to a brand new guitar.
"Road Worn" version

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, you can't lay a cue "flat" on a table unless it has a dead straight taper from tip to butt. More often, the butt is pretty straight but the shaft is not, and if you look closely you'll find there's actually a gap between the middle of the shaft and the table.

Anyhow, just an FYI. I don't have any clue if that matters or not, but if laying it flat is your goal, you're probably not getting what you want from it.