Chris Nitti Cue Review

hoosier_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received a Nitti PJ. Thought I would take a shot at reviewing the cue. I will get some pics up later today. Please keep in mind I am no expert on cues.

Cue was produced in 2007. It is Honduran Rosewood with linen wrap.

1. Length- 58 inches

2. Weight/Balance- 19.1oz. Balance point is 18.5 inches from buttcap.

3. Shafts- Very clear. No visible mineral or sugar. Taper starts about 11 inches from tip. Shafts to me seem very stiff. My guess is that the shafts would be a A grade. Both shafts weight 3.6oz.

4. Joint- Joint is phenolic with a radial pin. Where the pin goes into the butt is perfect. There is no glue showing or any little pockets around the pin. Both shafts collars match perfect to the butt. I will say the ivory slots do not match perfect on both shafts to the butt.

5. Finish- The finish in my opinion is flawless. Very clear and polished. Does not appear to have any ripples or high areas. Not sure what material he uses for his finish.

6. Construction and machining is very good. Keep in mind this is a PJ so I cant speak on points or inlays. Only flaw I found was the rings not matching perfect on both shafts.

As far as how it plays.... It has a very hard and stiff hit(I believe one tip is a sniper). No strange sounds ie tink or thuds. If you like hard hitting and stiff, Nitti is worth trying IMO.

Last edited:

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Chris is without a doubt one of the best out there. He only lives a few miles from me and does most of the work on my cues.
Unfortunately I still do not own one of his cues but I have tried them and the hit is solid.
He's on my list and will be getting one of his cues pretty soon.
Congrats and enjoy the cue.

hoosier_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are some pics.....

100_0412.jpg

100_0407.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0409.jpg

100_0411.jpg

Last edited:

hoosier_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Remy said:
Chris is without a doubt one of the best out there. He only lives a few miles from me and does most of the work on my cues.
Unfortunately I still do not own one of his cues but I have tried them and the hit is solid.
He's on my list and will be getting one of his cues pretty soon.
Congrats and enjoy the cue.
This is the first Nitti I have owned or even seen in person. I could not be happier with it. Very good workmanship.

hoosier_cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Illusions said:
I didn't no he made them without a steel joint. Very nice and nice pics.
Thanks, taking pictures is not one of my strong suits. But I guess I am learning.