Steve Klein Bushka Review

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Hi all,

I've had my new Steve Klein for a few days, so I wanted to write a review.

Steve has gone to great lengths to make this a Bushka tribute with a nice twist. His attention to detail is phenomenal! The cue has a straight grained, clear maple forearm, which is what GB would have used. Steve has used an original Brunswick brown bumper. The rings are the proper width in the joint and shaft collars. The Bushka rings in front of the wrap really set the cue off. The points are classic black, orange, green, and natural. They are sharp and even. The wrap is classic white w/ green spec linen. The inlays are in a classic Bushka pattern for the years that GB used Szam blanks, with the twist being that Steve inlaid the cue with abalone instead of MOP. While abalone can be obnoxious when overused, these little notched diamonds and dots look like glowing jewels when seen under the table lights.

As for playability, I've used the same stick for about eight years now with no thought of changing. Well, I've taken this new stick out every day since I've owned it and played the best pool of my life with it right out of the box, so I think it's time to retire Old Faithful.

The hit is very stiff and the cue has a great sound, a resonant ping that is almost musical. Steve put linen melamine ferrules on the shafts, and between them, the straight grained maple forearm, and the thick stainless joint collar, the feedback to the hands is very pleasant. My long shots are very crisp, and if I do my job, the cue does it's. The deflection is very minimal. The cue weighs 19.3 oz and the weight is very nicely balanced.

The cue is a perfect mixture of a fancy cue and a playing cue. Sometimes cues are just too fancy for me to feel comfortable playing with in some poolrooms, but I like nice workmanship and have lots of pride of ownership, so sometimes a sneaky is just not right. This cue is just classy. I've gotten lots of oohs and ahhs, but I don't feel uncomfortable knowing it might get an occasional ding, because it's my new player and not something to keep in the case.

I would highly recommend Steve to everyone! He's a great guy and makes a fine cue. His prices are very competitive and his leadtime is still reasonable. He keeps in contact and goes the extra mile for his customers.

Thanks again, Steve! I couldn't be happier!

Steve Feld

Attachments

• Klein1.jpg
    Klein1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 527
  • Klein2.jpg
    Klein2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 452
  • Klein3.jpg
    Klein3.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 434

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice review!

Steve just started my new cue, and it will have a throw-back design, too. I'm glad to hear you like the feel of the stainless joint, as that's the one I went with.

Just in the dealings I've had with Steve so far tells me he's a great guy, and I'm really excited to get this new cue as it is absolutely my favorite design of ANY cue I've had. I'll be sure to post some pictures and a review of my own when it's finished.

Congrats on your new cue!

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to seeing your new Klein! I couldn't be happier with mine. The stainless joint hits really sweet...

Post lots of pics when you get yours!

Steve

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh I can promise there will be some pictures posted.

I'll also give the specks and a review, as well.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Hunter said:
Hi all,

I've had my new Steve Klein for a few days, so I wanted to write a review.

Steve has gone to great lengths to make this a Bushka tribute with a nice twist. His attention to detail is phenomenal! The cue has a straight grained, clear maple forearm, which is what GB would have used. Steve has used an original Brunswick brown bumper. The rings are the proper width in the joint and shaft collars. The Bushka rings in front of the wrap really set the cue off. The points are classic black, orange, green, and natural. They are sharp and even. The wrap is classic white w/ green spec linen. The inlays are in a classic Bushka pattern for the years that GB used Szam blanks, with the twist being that Steve inlaid the cue with abalone instead of MOP. While abalone can be obnoxious when overused, these little notched diamonds and dots look like glowing jewels when seen under the table lights.

As for playability, I've used the same stick for about eight years now with no thought of changing. Well, I've taken this new stick out every day since I've owned it and played the best pool of my life with it right out of the box, so I think it's time to retire Old Faithful.

The hit is very stiff and the cue has a great sound, a resonant ping that is almost musical. Steve put linen melamine ferrules on the shafts, and between them, the straight grained maple forearm, and the thick stainless joint collar, the feedback to the hands is very pleasant. My long shots are very crisp, and if I do my job, the cue does it's. The deflection is very minimal. The cue weighs 19.3 oz and the weight is very nicely balanced.

The cue is a perfect mixture of a fancy cue and a playing cue. Sometimes cues are just too fancy for me to feel comfortable playing with in some poolrooms, but I like nice workmanship and have lots of pride of ownership, so sometimes a sneaky is just not right. This cue is just classy. I've gotten lots of oohs and ahhs, but I don't feel uncomfortable knowing it might get an occasional ding, because it's my new player and not something to keep in the case.

I would highly recommend Steve to everyone! He's a great guy and makes a fine cue. His prices are very competitive and his leadtime is still reasonable. He keeps in contact and goes the extra mile for his customers.

Thanks again, Steve! I couldn't be happier!

Steve Feld

From the minute I saw your cue in the Gallery, I knew you would be pleased. A great looking cue that plays great, we have a winner!

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Wow.....one would think that one was happy with one's cue...wouldn't one??? :) :)

I had a blast talking about our Kleins, while they were being built, Steve. Yours came out awesome, just like we both knew it would.

You can count me in as a BIG fan, too!! http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=94756

I've got another one in the pipe for Mr. Klein to do for me. Should be getting started around this summer, give or take a little.

Congrats on the great cue, sir. Enjoy!!!

Mark