Bob Dzuricky, DZ Cues

a9ballbr8k

Don't anger my stakehorse
Silver Member
Well, took the cue to the pool hall last night to shoot for a couple of hours. Here is MY opinion. I reallly, really like the hit of this cue. It is a firm hit, more than what I am used to. I've only played with phenolic joints before this. I have never played with, or owned a cue with steel for the joint before this one but I'm glad I took the chance. It hits extremely well. Did not take me long, at all, to get used to it. By the way it's a steel thin walled sleeved joint with a 3/8-10 flat bottom pin.

The finish is superb. This cue came out exactly how I wanted and then some. His execution of my thoughts/design was flawless. He nailed everything to a T. The brazilian rosewood is very nice and I'm glad I went with it instead of the "run of the mill" rosewood. Veneers are perfecty colored and consistant throughout. The curly maple is just the right amount, not too much because IMO that looks gaudy.

He added a leather wrap for me, for free!!! I have never played with leather, only wrapless and linen. I will never go back to linen again.

Shaft is 12.8mm, ferulle 3/4', pressed triangle tip (helps contribute to harder hit) and the shaftwood is great. It's a little darker in color and again, IMO it makes it look great. Shaft fits snug on the pin. I love the hoppe ring and the ever so slightly rounded buttcap that I asked for. I think the grey bumper looks better, and I asked him to include the black one in case I ever wanted to switch it out.

I also had matching joint protectors, Brazilian Rosewood w/black rings, made for the cue. I like the open ended JP for the butt, it makes it look classy. They look superb also.

I am extremely satisfied with the cue in all aspects and Bob will be getting more work from me soon. I suggest anyone who doesn't know about Bob or is thinking about getting something done by him, they don't think and just do. They will be as satisfied with whatever they choose just as I am. Thanks Bob and I'll talk with you soon.....and not soon enough!!

The pics truly do not do this beautiful cue justice. You have to see this in person to truly appreciate it. I will update when I can get a hold of a digital camera. I will add more pics including the joint protectos when I can. Thanks.

finishedcue.jpg

Butt.jpg

Last edited:

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great review. Love your design. Everything about the cue looks great.
And better than that is you are happy with it thats a big plus.
Congrats to ya man.

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
He does make some great lookin cues....... I never had a chance to shoot with any as of yet........but one thing I noticed that I really like.. His finish on the cues is great!!

Dakota Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a very nice looking cue, and it seems like Bob is a great guy to deal with.

I wonder if the added stiffness you're feeling is due to the taper and tip of the cue, vs. it being the joint. If it's a 3/8-10 pin with a thin walled stainless, there is probably more wood to wood contact than with a phenolic joint, but I don't know that the steel of the joint contributes to the stiffness in the hit. Does that make sense?

Either way, if you're happy with the cue, that's really the ONLY thing that matters, and it seems like you are!

Congrats again and great job on the review.

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice looking cue. I have dealt with Bob on a non cue purchase and there can't be a nicer guy to deal with. He will go out of his way to make you happy.