Another happy customer who received a cue from Masonh

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I just got off the phone with Smokey AKA Miles Lamstein a former member of this forum. Miles would like to say hello to all his friends and let everyone know that he doing well. The subject of the phone call was however, the cue that Masonh built for Miles that he recently received. I am making the following post for Miles who is my friend and to give Masonh the credit he should receive but can not do to the fact that Miles can know longer post to this forum, which he agrees was his own fault.

Miles has used this cue now for about two weeks and he is very very happy with the cue and the way Masonh built it. Miles told me that in his opinion hands down this cue certainly exceeded his expectations and he has taken to playing with this cue as his main player. Now for Miles to say this, is not something that should be taken lightly or taken as hype. For those who know Miles, they also know that he will speak his mind, honestly and openly on any subject. Miles has around 20 different cues, including a couple of South West cues which have been his main players for some time. One of the reasons Miles was looking for another cue in the first place was because he did not like taking his South West Cues out while playing League. Miles ordered this cue from Masonh approximately 3 or 4 months ago with the intent of finding a new player to use when he was out and about that would not attract as much attention as his High end cues.

I have only seen photo's of the cue in question, however, it certainly looks very nice, and with Miles recommendation that it has improved his game by more than a ball, I though that Masonh should receive credit for his work, that Miles could not give him.

To all Masonh is certainly a stand-up guy, like many others on this forum, in addition he is a credit to the forum. If someone is looking for a cue to use for a player, I would contact him without question.

Mason if you read this please post some photo's of the cue you built for Miles to this thread.

Thanks to all and have a great night!!!!!!

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice review manwon. I have heard only good things about masonh cues. Well said. Jeff

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thank you for the review and i will be sure to call Miles and thank him too.ere are some pics that are in the gallery too.i don't have any individual pics of the cue,just the group.his cue is the first from the left and the 3rd handle from the top.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
masonh said:
thank you for the review and i will be sure to call Miles and thank him too.ere are some pics that are in the gallery too.i don't have any individual pics of the cue,just the group.his cue is the first from the left and the 3rd handle from the top.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

Very nice cues Mason, thanks for posting the link!!!!;)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
pooldawg8 said:
Very nice review manwon. I have heard only good things about masonh cues. Well said. Jeff

Thanks very much Jeff, Masonh certainly deserves the what was said.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
My cue is in the middle of the pack (standing pix). I'll be shooting with it after work. 6 more hrs. This wait is killing me. ;)

Last edited:

Irish634

Whatever
Silver Member
The ringwork that Mason does looks quite nice from the pictures that have been posted to the forum. I think they set the cues off nicely.

This may or may not have been asked in another thread, but what kind of shaft taper do you use Mason?

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Irish634 said:
The ringwork that Mason does looks quite nice from the pictures that have been posted to the forum. I think they set the cues off nicely.

This may or may not have been asked in another thread, but what kind of shaft taper do you use Mason?

For the cue this thread concerns, the cue came with two shafts. One shaft was tapered like a South West, and the other was Masons personal standard taper. Miles told me that Mason will use any taper the customer requests. Miles, prefers the standard taper which Mason uses if not specific taper is requested.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Thanks to all who posted to this thread Masonh deserves the credit!!!!!

Thanks Craig

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my taper is a little hard to describe,without getting to specific it is a little less stiff than SW's standard taper,but it is on a shaft that is a 1/2" shorter.it is very similar but maybe a little more user freindly.

thank you for the thread Craig.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
The cue I had hit nice and crisp. Somewhat stiff, but not overly so. One of the best cues I've owned as far as playability, and fit and finish you couldn't ask for more.

I'm sure they are even better now. Believe mine was one of the first 5 built. Wish I had been able to keep it.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
cubswin said:
The cue I had hit nice and crisp. Somewhat stiff, but not overly so. One of the best cues I've owned as far as playability, and fit and finish you couldn't ask for more.

I'm sure they are even better now. Believe mine was one of the first 5 built. Wish I had been able to keep it.

Thanks for the post, Mason certainly deserves it!!!!

Have a good day!!!!

The Hamster

David Malone
Silver Member
claymont said:
This isn't him? Houghland, Mason

Well, bless my buttons... you're probably right - it never occurred to me that there were two cuemakers called Mason.

My apologies Mason and Roy.