Pool table - Dinner table conversion

Lockbox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a table. Specifically, I am looking for a decent 8' table that (1) either comes with the top to convert it to a nice dinner table or (2) I can buy the dinner table separately.

Honestly, I'd love to have a 9' table but it doesn't seem like that would be a feasible dinner table so i'm compromising with the old ball n'chain and going 8'. Anyone have any recommendations/experience? Thank you!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
seems like it would bug me to have to move away and put back several chairs and the top just to get to play on it each time

why does a 9fter not seem feasable as a dinner table? i mean its bigger , more surface area to eat?

or do you just not have the room

i have never met anyone with one of those types, i doubt they play worth a crap too

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a table. Specifically, I am looking for a decent 8' table that (1) either comes with the top to convert it to a nice dinner table or (2) I can buy the dinner table separately.

Honestly, I'd love to have a 9' table but it doesn't seem like that would be a feasible dinner table so i'm compromising with the old ball n'chain and going 8'. Anyone have any recommendations/experience? Thank you!

Had a similar dilemma, got rid of ball & chain, problem solved

Lockbox

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seems like it would bug me to have to move away and put back several chairs and the top just to get to play on it each time

why does a 9fter not seem feasable as a dinner table? i mean its bigger , more surface area to eat?

or do you just not have the room

i have never met anyone with one of those types, i doubt they play worth a crap too

A 9' dinner table seems absurb - an 8' table barely seems like it would be a good size for a dinner table. I can fit a 9' in, but again, when it doubles as a dinner table it wouldn't look good. 8 is a better compromise.

The funny thing about pool, that I am learning, is that you really don't know who plays well until you're in a match against them.

Bank it said:
Had a similar dilemma, got rid of ball & chain, problem solved

Come on, let's be honest - you weren't the one solving that problem. I've seen enough of your type in the pool hall to know.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
also dont expect to get near what you payed for it when you go to resell it,

9ft dinner table doesnt seem at all absurd to me, i have 6 people in my house, and my dinning table, is comparable to the 9fter i have in the garage,

not going to have great lighting on it either

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
also give carom billiards a shot, there are no THOSE types in carom halls, everyone is respectful and helpful, and easy going

no sharking, woofing,no childish nonsense
non of the crap that ensues in pool halls