Ideas and opinions on turning bumper pool table into pool practice table

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I think the first is would it even be worth it. The material on this is a pretty heavy duty felt pattern. It's total length from straight rail to straight rail is 42 inches so I right at 3 1/2 feet. The bottom underneath the felt is most certainly wood.

I actually forgot I had this thing. Well I didn't forget I just never use it and I thought well it's got good bumpers on it on the sides or at least some sort of bumper.

So my ideas are:

1. Practice masse shots
2. Practice Jump Shots
3. Practice English
4. Practice Center Shots

All of this is because I can't fit a pool table in my apartment , but I could at least get some daily practice in shooting some basic stuff like center when I can't make it up to the pool hall ( I am trying to get 1000 center stroke practices in if I did 200 practice center strokes a day in the morning after I work out I could probably get into the 1000 by summer end). Plus practice some things that most pool halls don't like you practicing ( masse / jump).

However, the material is really heavy like super heavy so I don't even know how a cue ball would react. The other downside is would some of these translate to a pool table because of their construction compared to this. The good thing is I don't really care if this gets slighting damaged a bit with Masse or Jump shots.

I've thought of just removing the bumpers all together and practice carom and things like that

So opinions and thoughts? Should I just pull those bumpers out of there but how to fix the holes? Put wooden dowels in there that fit then cut a piece of felt to glue on top?

jmOuJEY.jpg

Last edited: