How long before I should consider repolishing pool balls?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got a champak in and applied it to the centennial set I have. needless to say the balls played great and glided much nicer on the table at the pool room I play in(actually didn't realize how much a clean set of pool balls move quicker). I had the microfiber cloth on hand to swipe them down after play.

anyways, I usually play league on Tuesdays and really only have time to practice at most 3 hours on sunday. how long should I go before repolishing and cleaning again? Or does it really depend on how much play they get?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I used to bring my own set of Centennials or Super Pro Aramith TVs to a local poolhall when I practice. For me, it depends on how much usage. Usually wiping down the set and polishing only cue ball was enough for heavy daily/weekly practice. A couple of people here may suggest Turtle Wax, which I have no experience. Aramith ball polish was affordable, so that's what I used. YMMV

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own several sets of Centennials........remember that newly polished pool balls play differently and have very little throw or cling..
The official rules of pool provide that tournament pool balls cannot be polished or waxed and if the balls have been, must be cleaned
again with alcohol or soap and water before play. You can tell by feeling the pool balls when cleaning is needed (shine & sheen doesn't matter).

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
I own several sets of Centennials........remember that newly polished pool balls play differently and have very little throw or cling..
The official rules of pool provide that tournament pool balls cannot be polished or waxed and if the balls have been, must be cleaned
again with alcohol or soap and water before play. You can tell by feeling the pool balls when cleaning is needed (shine & sheen doesn't matter).

Very interesting

Eli

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

I hate playing with polished pool balls!!!

I have seen top players run over and have this done to the balls against their opponent's wishes otherwise.

KD

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to my wife, maybe once a year.

Oh wait, missed the "pool" balls part.

Then whenever they look dirty.