what could be the cause

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
You stated that "memory" is prabably a good part of the issue. I gave you an option to start with. You gotta start somewhere. Hell don't take my word for it. Go ahead and fuel your curiosity. Call Denny and test his memory. Until THEN I'll choose to put these doubts of yours in my lost memory bank. :)

I don't know the guy. Not my responsibility to chase it, anyway. It's up to the story teller to prove it. Until then it's just entertainment.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I don't know the guy. Not my responsibility to chase it, anyway. It's up to the story teller to prove it. Until then it's just entertainment.

If you're not going to back up your doubts then why come out and say anything then? I mean you could have just said it's hard to believe and left it at that but no you questioned not one but MANY who were there and witnessed the phenmenon as to possible memory loss and/or mass hysteria..lol... There is a "story" from about two thousand years ago that some may take your position on as well but I wouldn't be one of them for either event(s). ;) :smile:

Last edited:

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Qbuilder you use CA, others such as wayne have a different take on finishing, neither of you definitely proved your points one way or the other, would you agree? Why should anyone believe what you say, or wayne says other than experience? Have you seen every single cue you have ever made 20 years down the line, I haven't..

I know apples and oranges

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
If you're not going to back up your doubts then why come out and say anything then? I mean you could have just said it's hard to believe and left it at that but no you questioned not one but MANY who were there and witnessed the phenmenon as to possible memory loss and/or mass hysteria..lol... There is a "story" from about two thousand years ago that some may take your position on as well but I wouldn't be one of them for either event(s). ;) :smile:

If you're asking me to take a leap of faith on a pool cue, I'll pass. Not the best of parallels;)

I didn't mean to offend anybody. I'm no spring chicken & it wouldn't be the first time I have seen such far fetched tales pan out to be less than "as remembered". Last week I went to look at an 87yr old man's barn. I heard from several folks that he had thousands of shafts & loads of ebony from when he used to work in a cue factory. Sure sounded like the find of a lifetime and was corroborated by several pool players, so I went for a look. Not surprising thousands of shafts were a few hundred rejects that had the joint ends cut off to render them useless, and the loads of ebony was a couple buckets of 2" long cut-offs of squares. The only thing I got was a cut from some broken glass. So in the spirit of faith, forgive my lack thereof in mortal men.....especially pool players. No doubt the cue was a nice cue that spun the ball. But to the exaggerated extent being touted? I still lean toward it being less than remembered. Is there a chance I'm wrong? Of course there is. Is there a chance I'm not? I like my odds.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
thousands of shafts were a few hundred rejects that had the joint ends cut off to render them useless, and the loads of ebony was a couple buckets of 2" long cut-offs of squares. The only thing I got was a cut from some broken glass.

Sorry you got cut on the glass but I didn't want all the scraps I left behind! :p

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be neat if Dennis would agree to bring the cue "out of retirement" and allow a few selected pros to hit balls with the cue. Perhaps he would allow measurements and a weight to be taken, balance point noted, etc.

Pick 3 pros. Let them warm up and then hit some draw shots.

Jeremy Jones would be one gentleman I would like to see try the cue. He certainly understands the mechanics of a draw shot. I am sure you guys have other suggestions.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Wood is wood, perhaps the temperature in the room that day was 68.2487 F

At that exact temperature, the shaft solidified into an iron rod of drawing excellence

However, at 68.2486, its power was lost to the ages.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

At that exact temperature, the shaft solidified into an iron rod of drawing excellence

Sure. Kinda like post #47 in this thread, where we're hoping "it's" power will be lost to post #46 or earlier....:slap:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Sure. Kinda like post #47 in this thread, where we're hoping "it's" power will be lost to post #46 or earlier....:slap:

Wait, are you correcting grammar and doing it wrong?

Go look up contractions. "it's" never belongs to the possessive, slap yourself

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I vote this to be the best quote of the thread LOL. I think we need a line of shafts called IRDE's. Hell we have so many Z's and I's why not?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Wait, are you correcting grammar and doing it wrong?

Go look up contractions. "it's" never belongs to the possessive, slap yourself

Nope. Not an attempt to correct grammar. Read my posts. My grammar is horrible. Fill in whatever you want there and take it for what it says. :)

Skins ---------- is definately not a member of the Grammar Police.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I vote this to be the best quote of the thread LOL. I think we need a line of shafts called IRDE's. Hell we have so many Z's and I's why not?

No way man, that's a trademarked name ;)

I'll license it out for $1/shaft though :grin-square: