AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There can be only one,,
😎

WellwornPaleCreature-size_restricted.gif

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Extremely slow play gets on my last nerve. I think that I'd probably be pretty forgiving if it was a girl, but I'm probably lying to myself.

I played exactly one season of masters apa because of one team which had for players and all were painfully slow. So slow that I never left before 9pm and it started before lunch. If we didn't play them they were playing someone we had to play. We'd play three teams each time. One time we were done with our second match by 2. I thought this is awesome, I'll be able to get out of here by five. That team was playing the team. I didn't leave till almost 10.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone on here once said and I loved it, “I don’t play with slow players nor do I associate with them.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
wow what kinda zero phukin jerk off goes on az billiards and says something like this? she beat you?
she beat your boyfriend? she earned her stripes the hard way while some asshole like you sits back and bashes her on the internet after the mods ban me for this post you guys will still be assholes
Objective much?

Can't handle the truth huh?
Jason
True.

I've seen Corey take a break TWICE at 1-0
and Delicious, Grex Fix and other men have been just as slow-M Wong and more

Jen will not fire until she 'sees' the shot-tremendous concentration!
Yes it happens.
Safety play is excessive with most women. Come up short on position and play safe.
Repeatedly. A safety battle at the 8?
Crazy.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'm quoting my wife. A woman btw Scotty.
"I used to like watching the women play it's all we saw at the Expo before.
But after watching the men for years, I can't even watch women anymore.
They are too slow. I like Fisher and Corr for nostalgic reasons. And Vivian is great.
But give me Shaw, Shane, or Earl any day."

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Slower than a constipated turd out of a 90 year old's butt.

That's the nicest I can put it.

Actually the pre-shot and stroke are all wrong. Several one-half inch strokes, then a long pause, then sort of a two-stage full stroke back, after a lot of agonizing.

This was painful to watch, and proves yet again what good strokes there are to emulate. Earl Strickland, Mike Sigel, Jim Rempe, all a bit different, but their pre-shot routine was fairly quick, and matched the actual stroke.

This was nothing like that. This is an engine with mismatched timing. This needs help.

All the best,
WW

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member

Actually the pre-shot and stroke are all wrong. Several one-half inch strokes, then a long pause, then sort of a two-stage full stroke back, after a lot of agonizing.

This was painful to watch, and proves yet again what good strokes there are to emulate. Earl Strickland, Mike Sigel, Jim Rempe, all a bit different, but their pre-shot routine was fairly quick, and matched the actual stroke.

This was nothing like that. This is an engine with mismatched timing. This needs help.

All the best,
WW
Yes!
And all that to hit the rail sometimes 3" above the pocket!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get wishing pool was more entertaining and played at a fast pace where every shot was a cracker. I’ve played some slow players before. I watched a guy get down on a shot and practice stroke for two minutes straight. It was agonizing. But this feels different.

This feels like knocking someone else just so you can feel better about yourselves. I can’t understand why people need to knock athletes for their performances as if they owe something to you. This is their livelihood. They’re trying the best with their ability. Perhaps they could do better and maybe they owe that to themselves, but they don’t owe that to us.

This is a dog eat dog world. Either they’ll make the cut to live a pool life or they won’t. The sacrifice to even attempt that life is penance enough without us piling on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched an hour match of Jen from 2005 to see what you guys are talking about. I've got to be honest, I really didn't have any problem watching the speed, I thought it was fine. Her stroke is a little slow and deliberate, but her pace is normal.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I get wishing pool was more entertaining and played at a fast pace where every shot was a cracker. I’ve played some slow players before. I watched a guy get down on a shot and practice stroke for two minutes straight. It was agonizing. But this feels different.

This feels like knocking someone else just so you can feel better about yourselves. I can’t understand why people need to knock athletes for their performances as if they owe something to you. This is their livelihood. They’re trying the best with their ability. Perhaps they could do better and maybe they owe that to themselves, but they don’t owe that to us.

This is a dog eat dog world. Either they’ll make the cut to live a pool life or they won’t. The sacrifice to even attempt that life is penance enough without us piling on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome to the internets

DJSTEVEZ

Professor of Human Moves
Silver Member
This feels like knocking someone else just so you can feel better about yourselves.
Thank you. I couldn't agree more. It's one thing to wish someone shot quicker, but some of what's been said it is exactly how Matt has described it.

Nothing like an armchair, Monday morning quarterback, who's not a touring pro and has no professional sponsorship, being all bad-ass from the safety of a keyboard...all the while putting someone down just to feel better about themselves. Sad, very sad.
I wonder how many of the knockers could accomplish half of what Jennifer has.
I wonder if any of the knockers could play her straight up and not get shut out regardless of how fast they shoot.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Slow play is a knife to the liver of pool.

There's no reason for it regardless of gender.

The Jason "Time Bandit" Klatt vs Alex Kazakis match just completed a few minutes ago on the stream. I grudgingly watched this after I swore that I would never watch a match with Klatt in it again. This was after the 8 ball event in Chattanooga. He played so slow that I kept waiting for the punchline. It had to be a joke.

To my surprise, there was a shot clock in this event today. I believe Klatt played better than ever with the clock.

By the way, having the ref rack sped things up ta boot.
jason Klatt isnt even close to The Time Bandit.

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand taking your time on a difficult shot or safety, but some players ARE hard to watch or play for that matter. I was having a beer and watching a guy play 9 ball the other day and the 9 was in front of the hole and the 7 and 8 were nothing but easy stop shots. I mean stop, stop, 9 in hole. He had to look at each shot for 3 to 4 minutes, and there really was no other play than stop, stop, 9 ball.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

All the best,
WW

All these ridiculous PSR's just look so unnatural, if I had to play like that I'd quit!

A lot of guys on here probably wish JB was their girlfriend and be able to play pool with her - THERE IS NO CHANCE EVER, I COULD PLAY WITH SOMEBODY THAT SLOW!!! No matter how hot she is. Lol.

As to masquerading as a 19yr old? She looks great, don't hate
Jason

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I just watched an hour match of Jen from 2005 to see what you guys are talking about. I've got to be honest, I really didn't have any problem watching the speed, I thought it was fine. Her stroke is a little slow and deliberate, but her pace is normal.

I've watched her play in person and even played a few games with her. She wasn't any slower than any other player, male or female. Now, our games were not important, so maybe she goes faster when playing for "fun?"

She also helped me in one particular shot choice and that was real nice and helpful

BUT....for some reason, in the state tournaments for the leagues, the women go painfully slow. We have a master woman on our men's team and she has learned by playing with us men, and she isn't slow when playing on her master's women's team, but her captain keeps trying to slow her down by telling her to play MORE safeties instead of doing what a guy would do and that is run out or hide only when necessary, not when scared. It really is affecting the tournament itself now

It's a strange phenome...or should I say phemale?

Jeff Livingston

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Watching her play so excruciatingly slow is PAINFUL!!!!!
Last year at the Expo was no different than this year.
Put all her matches on a shot clock from the start.
She was also told about bathroom breaks.
One match they took a break at 1-1!!!
Although that could've been an hour in already.

Kaci/Baretta....make a tough scotch dbls team eh ;).