Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I was told (by a very level-headed person) yesterday that Tom Coker's
Cue Shop had been burglarized and EVERYTHING was taken,
including his Machinery. Can't find anything on the Sacramento Police
Blotter, so I'm asking if any local Sac Area Players have knowledge of
such a terrible deed taking place. He told me several years ago that he
planned to move his operation to Hawaii, so maybe that's the case.
Any solid info is appreciated. Michi and I have been on the "Outs" for
years, so I won't be calling the Shop number.

speedy5963

speedy5963
Silver Member
I've delt with Cokers for years, have not visited them in a couple of years but I did receive an email that their shop was broken into. I'm not aware that the lathes and machines were taken but it sounded like materials, cues in progress, parts etc were all taken. Too bad.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I've delt with Cokers for years, have not visited them in a couple of years but I did receive an email that their shop was broken into. I'm not aware that the lathes and machines were taken but it sounded like materials, cues in progress, parts etc were all taken. Too bad.

Strange ...... I can't find any Police Report of a Burglary ?
Thanks for the reply.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
They are not out of business.....The door was broke down and they stole 24 finished cues ready to go out...11 cues needing wrap and clear coat finish,,,,Shafts, wood, just about everything to build a cue..Not the machinery...
They are not out of business....This has slowed them down but they are re-grouping and still working...

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
They are not out of business.....The door was broke down and they stole 24 finished cues ready to go out...11 cues needing wrap and clear coat finish,,,,Shafts, wood, just about everything to build a cue..Not the machinery...
They are not out of business....This has slowed them down but they are re-grouping and still working...

Thank You for the update.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coker Theft Is Legitimate

Coker's shop was indeed hit and a lot was stolen........Tommy Hill lost two custom cues that were being re-wrapped with leather that belonged to his two sons.
And get this.....both TJ & Connor are competing today in Las Vegas at the BEF Junior National 9 Ball Championships.....sans their pool cues that were stolen.
Now that really sucks big time.........how would you feel if you were only 14 years old and your cue was stolen.just before your first big tournament?

Tommy Hill has the genes of a winner and I am guessing both of his boys will shake this off and do just fine....but in their minds, no matter how well they may fare,
they would have played better without this tragic distraction......so yeah, the break-in and theft at Coker's shop was the real deal.

Matt B.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
When you think about this and realize that those Cues, Wood, & Misc. Pieces
are fairly easy identifiable, it sounds like the Perp(s) were looking to support
a drug habit and don't have a clue how many folks are going to be waiting for
those items to hit the street. I certainly hope that the boy's cues turn up soon
and are found intact. If pictures are available, someone please post them here
and at pool halls, bars, pawn shops throughout Central & Northern California.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Yea. Good luck with that.

I didn't want to be the one to bring up that point, so Thanks for your honesty.
There is more than a even chance that NO Insurance exists. Plus, I have yet
to discover Any evidence that a Police Report was filed. NO Insurance Company
would ever pay a nickle without one. Use your imagination from here.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I didn't want to be the one to bring up that point, so Thanks for your honesty.
There is more than a even chance that NO Insurance exists. Plus, I have yet
to discover Any evidence that a Police Report was filed. NO Insurance Company
would ever pay a nickle without one. Use your imagination from here.

Even if the insurance paid for the woods, it takes around 4 years and up to get shafts ready to be finished .