On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players asking about my tip............

I played at Tom and Joes in Menomonie and had a great time.

I moved the ball around real good and hardly missed any shots. I attribute this to the KiTech tip. This is the real deal. it doesn't over spin the ball.

These were Diamond pro cuts so there is no way to slide the ball in.

I had plenty of energy also when I got done at 2:00 AM.

The swimming is helping build up my stamina.

Gonna look for a bigger tourney next weekend.

Needs to be something fairly close.

I'm not kidding either about these tips. If the players on here don't try them they are really missing the boat.

I'm partial to the medium. If you loved the old LaPros, you will love the KiTech mediums.

I missed so many shots because of overspin it was sickening, and missed shape for the same reason.

There never was an article that couldn't be made better for less money?

Ki Tech all the way for me............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exciting things happening right here at Shooters...

One my way to Shooters Monday night 9 ball tourney I got a text from some of my young students that took a lesson about a week or so ago.

They let me know that they got first and second in a pool tourney that they shot in. They are like everyone else that learns this, are seeing the benefits real quick.

Young players have such an advantage learning this because it is something that they will never figure out on their own. It's the one most important thing any player can ever learn.

Then there was Rich, he moved here from Chicago area. this guy can play and won the ACS tourney for Ill. recently.

He thought he was right eye dominant. Another player that when using the finger pointing test , says he's right eye dominant. He's actually left eye dominant and knows that beyond a shadow of a doubt now.

I gave him a Perfect Aim mini lesson and he and I could both see the results immediately. it was pretty cool.

I've helped many of the players that play there and this tourney is really getting harder and harder to win.

Rich will make it even tougher. Nice guy and glad to have him on board.

Welcome to Minnesota pool scene Rich. I know you'll fit in just fine.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another week and too much fun.........

These weekly tournaments in the Twin Cities, like everywhere else, are sure allot of fun.

April Larson has been coming pretty steady and is now in Vegas playing in the BEF Nationals and doing pretty good. My guess is that she will win the whole thing.

She plays pretty smart and I can see that she has had some good instructing along the way.

Monday night was a great touney and so was Wed, the handicap one.

I played a young man in the finals. Herman is a good friend of mine that I met a few years ago at Jimmys Pro Billiards. he worked there. He only aims with one eye, what I call ocular vision. Once he understood what was going on with the eyes he went from totally helpless to playing pretty sporty. He breaks like a cannon.

I had to give him a fairly big spot but won on the hill the final set. it was not an easy match by no means. This handicap system turns many players into monsters.

Pretty happy for him though the way he's playing.

Overall though the Twin Cities is a great place to be if you like to play.

Always something going on all the time.

While I was playing in the tourney there was some $200 per game one pocket.

It don't get any better than this.

And just about everytime I turn around there is someone else to teach Perfect Aim.........

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a little action tonight..........

The night started out kind of boring but you never know. Tuesday and Thursday there are no tournaments in the Twin Cities area, at least the players don't tell me.

I go to Shooters in Burnsville but not much going on. So I headed up north to Jimmys Pro Billiards. My friend Ken is there and we start playing 9 ball on the tight 9 ft diamonds. These tables are pretty tough but play real good. We just practice together.

On the table next to us is Jimmy playing one of my old pool buddies from the past. Jimmy comes over to me and said he was quitting and I could play some cheap sets wit my old friend.

We started playing races to 7 for $25. It was fun to play for something and it was fun to play an old friend.

I won 2 sets for $25.

I got a $20 per game side bet with a customer for the first set and part of the second before the side bettor pulled up.

Then we played for $50. I won 2 sets.

My old friend is drinking but still playing pretty good for not playing much lately. Might be true and might not. As most players that play say they aren't playing much when matching up.

I thought we were done and he asked to play one for $100. I said sure and we played the race to 5.

I think I won 2 sets like that.

Again I thought we were all done.

I had won the last set 5 to 0. There was no hustle as my old friend knows I can play. By now he has had a little too much to drink and question his ability to play well.

He wants to play one game for $500. He gets to break.

This is a tough bet because the pockets are real tight and if your running out it is real easy to hang any ball especially the 8 or 9.

Then there is a chance that the 9 goes in on the break.

Also I'm not using my Jacoby Hybrid shaft. My KiTech tip that I love so much finally broke apart on one side. About 8 months of playing allot. Has been a great tip.

So the only other shaft I have is a predator Z shaft. It plays real good but i'm not used to it. It has a kamui brown soft tip and it spins the ball too much. Real easy to overspin and miss the shot or shape. Especially with these tight pockets.

Finally I said OK. He gets to break and it's 1 game of 9 ball for $500.

I racked'em up , he broke and scratched in the side.

I ran out the rack trying to be real careful not to hang one.

So what seemed to be a kind of boring night turned out to be about a $1,000 winner.

You never know in the world of pool. But I'm always out there, mostly trying to help players and teach and then pops up a game. At 62 years old I might not look too intimidating but I can still play.

So I headed back down to Shooters, they're open until 3:00 AM and played some more cheap sets with my sparing partner Kevin giving him the 7 ball. We do this almost every night we can and his game has jumped up huge.

He's kind of an anti-aiming person but finally let me show him how to manually enhance your aim using my Perfect Aim. Just showed him a little bit but that's all it will take. I want him to play good to make it tougher on me for practice and I'd like to see him beat more players around the area. He's a pretty good kid.

Then it was off to Lifetime Fitness to swim about 20 laps to strengthen my legs. Usually I ride the bike real fast for 20 minutes but I skipped that this morning.

When your out and about you never know what will happen in this pool world of ours.

A little bit of this and a little bit of that. It doesn't get any better than this.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The night started out kind of boring but you never know. Tuesday and Thursday there are no tournaments in the Twin Cities area, at least the players don't tell me.

I go to Shooters in Burnsville but not much going on. So I headed up north to Jimmys Pro Billiards. My friend Ken is there and we start playing 9 ball on the tight 9 ft diamonds. These tables are pretty tough but play real good. We just practice together.

On the table next to us is Jimmy playing one of my old pool buddies from the past. Jimmy comes over to me and said he was quitting and I could play some cheap sets wit my old friend.

We started playing races to 7 for $25. It was fun to play for something and it was fun to play an old friend.

I won 2 sets for $25.

I got a $20 per game side bet with a customer for the first set and part of the second before the side bettor pulled up.

Then we played for $50. I won 2 sets.

My old friend is drinking but still playing pretty good for not playing much lately. Might be true and might not. As most players that play say they aren't playing much when matching up.

I thought we were done and he asked to play one for $100. I said sure and we played the race to 5.

I think I won 2 sets like that.

Again I thought we were all done.

I had won the last set 5 to 0. There was no hustle as my old friend knows I can play. By now he has had a little too much to drink and question his ability to play well.

He wants to play one game for $500. He gets to break.

This is a tough bet because the pockets are real tight and if your running out it is real easy to hang any ball especially the 8 or 9.

Then there is a chance that the 9 goes in on the break.

Also I'm not using my Jacoby Hybrid shaft. My KiTech tip that I love so much finally broke apart on one side. About 8 months of playing allot. Has been a great tip.

So the only other shaft I have is a predator Z shaft. It plays real good but i'm not used to it. It has a kamui brown soft tip and it spins the ball too much. Real easy to overspin and miss the shot or shape. Especially with these tight pockets.

Finally I said OK. He gets to break and it's 1 game of 9 ball for $500.

I racked'em up , he broke and scratched in the side.

I ran out the rack trying to be real careful not to hang one.

So what seemed to be a kind of boring night turned out to be about a $1,000 winner.

You never know in the world of pool. But I'm always out there, mostly trying to help players and teach and then pops up a game. At 62 years old I might not look too intimidating but I can still play.

So I headed back down to Shooters, they're open until 3:00 AM and played some more cheap sets with my sparing partner Kevin giving him the 7 ball. We do this almost every night we can and his game has jumped up huge.

He's kind of an anti-aiming person but finally let me show him how to manually enhance your aim using my Perfect Aim. Just showed him a little bit but that's all it will take. I want him to play good to make it tougher on me for practice and I'd like to see him beat more players around the area. He's a pretty good kid.

Then it was off to Lifetime Fitness to swim about 20 laps to strengthen my legs. Usually I ride the bike real fast for 20 minutes but I skipped that this morning.

When your out and about you never know what will happen in this pool world of ours.

A little bit of this and a little bit of that. It doesn't get any better than this.

Good job beating the drunk guy!

Especially after beating him every set and 5 - 0 the set before the $500 game.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

shooting_fish_in_a_barrel-100539867-primary.idge.jpg

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member

Hey if that guy hates his money THAT much....so be it. Natural Selection...Besides if he has a drinking problem taking 1K off him might be a Sobering wake up call :wink: Maybe don't play for money when your piss drunk stupid.....heeereesss your sign :withstupid:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey if that guy hates his money THAT much....so be it. Natural Selection...Besides if he has a drinking problem taking 1K off him might be a Sobering wake up call :wink: Maybe don't play for money when your piss drunk stupid.....heeereesss your sign :withstupid:

Actually its called being a bottom feeder in the pool world. Its not something to brag about. :sorry:

thehoneybadger

noob
Silver Member
Actually its called being a bottom feeder in the pool world. Its not something to brag about. :sorry:

You should feel good about the morally good thoughts and posts your making :thumbup2: but its all about the $$ and the only thing sweeter than money made is money won right? Don't drink and play for $ unless your prepared to lose.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy has so much money it's rediculous.......

He also used to play real sporty and still does.

He wasn't falling down drunk either.

I don't know if he had 2,3 or 4 beers. I just think if a person plays on a tight 9 footer and drinking anything, they shouldn't be gambling.

It was a good move on his part though to play one game for $500 getting the break.

9 ball he wins.

Breaks and gets an easy combo after the break he wins.

If I hang an 8 or 9 ball while running out he wins.

And Please, this guy is not helpless believe me.

So I could of came out loser from just one game.

One race I won of the hill and 2 I won 7-5.

I don't feel bad about it at all.

Now if it was an old friend that was broke that's a different story.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Gene...not trying to start anything but would you be willing to play Jessie? Would be a good match to watch.

Jesse Engle or Jessie Bowman...?

Right now I am in the process of trying to strengthen my legs. About 20 laps in the pool per night. Then I ride the exercise bike like crazy for about 20 minutes.

The one they replaced is not doing so good and the left one needs to be replaced. By making them stronger I might be able to put this left knee replacement on hold for awhile.

I'm fighting a battle of health right at the moment. It's touch and go and I need to be real careful not to hurt myself.

I want to be able to play in the big tourney in Beloit. Then one in Appleton.

I don't know what the answer is for me but last night I had trouble sleeping and I had real trouble trying to play well today. Exercise really hurts my knees but I think it is vital to my recovery from surgeries on both.

Jesse is a great kid and plays real sporty. I also consider him a good friend and would be there to help him with just about anything I could down the road as I would for most of my friends.

If I was in tip top shape I would not want to try and beat Jesse out of anything. I'm in his corner and wish him the best. He's got his life in a good place right now and pool right now is not real important to him at this time.

Playing Jesse is kind of a no win deal for me. I'd feel bad if I won and I'd feel real bad if I lost. A no win situation for me for sure.

Same goes for Demi, Brian B, Jimmy, Mario and a half dozen more. We all need our network of friends to play cheap for practice and hone our games. And we all just need friends.

As I traveled around the US playing and teaching it's the same way everywhere.

Playing sets with your friends for small stakes, races to something that is affordable for both is OK. I usually give lesser players a spot that makes it hard for me to win.

But sometimes it can get out of hand. Like the other night I played one game for $500. The guy I played with is probably a millionaire. The money doesn't even matter to him. He is a competitor and just wanted to win.

The amount doesn't really tell the story when playing pool. But the player that has nothing to lose because of being staked or is used to playing for the big cash is at an advantage over the guy that works 40 hours a week and usually plays for only $10 or $20. Betting $2000 is very much out of his comfort zone especially if it's out of his own pocket.

The guy that works 40 hours a week usually doesn't have a backer around to stake him either.

But if the same guy that works 40 hours a week would start playing for the big money on a regular schedule he then would be totally ready for these big time gamblers(with stakers).

I played a set for $4,000 a couple of years ago with a real good player. I hadn't bet over $200 for awhile and hadn't gambled at all hardly for a year. It took me about half of the set to be comfortable. I was down 15 to 7 in a race to 21. I finally tied it up at 17 - 17. I've been around the block awhile so it only took me about 22 games to settle down. Other players that don't bet that much ever might never settle down if they don't do it enough.

I quit playing one time when I was about 24 years old for 2 years. I went down to the local bar and got real nervous just playing for $5. I almost couldn't believe it.

I will for sure though play all these guys cheap sets for sure.

And on the local level these cheap sets is what sets the pecking order.

That's when it gets fun.

Last edited:

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he is such a good friend why did you accuse him of trying to cheat you at seco's 9 ball. Or were you just mad you lost?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Obviously you don't have a clue what you are talking about........

If he is such a good friend why did you accuse him of trying to cheat you at seco's 9 ball. Or were you just mad you lost?

Please don't do this. Obviously your just throwing words out there. This person was not even at the Seco tournament.

Why don't we get together face to face and we can hash out the problem you got with me.

Please know what you are talking about before you say stuff on a world wide forum.

Not cool at all........

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

36 posts and 17 are in this thread, what's your other username?

I think this means you are officially a stalker, congratulations!