Jayson Shaw's playing 1-hole 7 ahead for 90k

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Or, another option- the both of them wised up and realized there wasn't a good reason to have this info on the street, and that the best resolution was for folks to think that there wasn't really a payoff.

I'm guessing you dont know Dippy that well.

I've seen the "Screw you I'm not paying" move multiple times from him. All it takes is him getting his mix wrong or just feeling like not paying that day. A few occasions have been public here. Others happened with no fanfare.

I would bet this is no elaborate counter intel plan but simply Dippy doing what Dippy do.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm guessing you dont know Dippy that well.

I've seen the "Screw you I'm not paying" move multiple times from him. All it takes is him getting his mix wrong or just feeling like not paying that day. A few occasions have been public here. Others happened with no fanfare.

I would bet this is no elaborate counter intel plan but simply Dippy doing what Dippy do.

Let's hope Chris doesn't pull an O.J. on him.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Ive seen plenty of stiffs in my life-guys who stiffed bookies too. Lots of examples on AZb over the years also-Anyone remember Boston and the 37.5k? They never get beat up. Talked to a bookie- He said it just doesn't pay in the long run -bad publicity plus you wind up in jail or more heat on you than you can handle. Much better to just stay in business.

This +100

All the fevered dreams of internet posters about gambler justice being meted out by hired thugs or in a dark alley is fantasy born of too many movies.

The sh!t just doesnt happen outside of the ghetto.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a saying for a situation like this, "Sometimes you can't win even when you win."
About 5-6 years ago I was playing a guy for $100 bucks, I lose the first set and ask him to bump the bet to $200 since I like the game, even though I'm giving him a game on the wire. He agrees, and I proceed to lose 3 sets in a row. So obviously I'm stuck $700 and I say **** it, bet $400 a set. Of course he agrees, what does he have to lose, especially considering he has just won 4 sets in a row. Well I end up winning the next 2 sets and he pulls up with me up $100. I'm kinda upset because I was about to lose $1100 to the guy if I lost the 5th set, and he only loses $100 to me. Here is the worst part, he tells me that he was going half with someone and that he is going to get the other guys half and will be right back. He comes back with $50 bucks and says that he got the other guys half, but that he didn't have any money...imagine how pissed I was :angry:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Lots of internet tough guys here..Bottom line is that if someone stiffs you, your options are limited. You are seriously going to beat a guy up over 100 dollars, 200 dollars etc..?Then the guy runs to the police and you go to jail. Basically your life is ruined. Even with such a large sum, that's nothing compared to your freedom. Would you spend 10 years in jail for 90 000? In that case, you are an idiot or have no future prospects. If you get convicted there is zero chance you get to keep that money anyway.

Then there are those who have watched to many mob movies and wants to kill the guy...Even though it would be perfectly obvious who the prime suspect would be. You are not the mob, you don't have judges in your pocket or huge resources and people to cover your tracks...But that sort of thing does happen in every country. I was once introduced to, and had a long conversation at a party with a guy that later screwed some yugo gangsters out of about 150k. Didn't have a good feeling about that guy, he seemed very "slick", but I had no idea he was a criminal. He disappeared. I don't know what those guys do to people exactly, but I can't imagine his last hours being very pleasant.

Bottom line: As a "civilian" your options are limited when a guy stiffs you, unless you are willing to risk everything to get the money. And don't screw criminals over, because they are willing and able to make you disappear.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
This +100

All the fevered dreams of internet posters about gambler justice being meted out by hired thugs or in a dark alley is fantasy born of too many movies.

The sh!t just doesnt happen outside of the ghetto.

This too.

People that do good people dirty will get there's, karma is a *****. I had a guy barrel me for $6,000. Guy I grew up with, kept him from taking a dozen beatings growing up..... About 5 years later he happened to be in a drug house when the cops busted it, also found a dead body. They all got charged with murder. Karma got him 13 years.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lots of internet tough guys here..Bottom line is that if someone stiffs you, your options are limited. You are seriously going to beat a guy up over 100 dollars, 200 dollars etc..?Then the guy runs to the police and you go to jail. Basically your life is ruined. Even with such a large sum, that's nothing compared to your freedom. Would you spend 10 years in jail for 90 000? In that case, you are an idiot or have no future prospects. If you get convicted there is zero chance you get to keep that money anyway.

Then there are those who have watched to many mob movies and wants to kill the guy...Even though it would be perfectly obvious who the prime suspect would be. You are not the mob, you don't have judges in your pocket or huge resources and people to cover your tracks...But that sort of thing does happen in every country. I was once introduced to, and had a long conversation at a party with a guy that later screwed some yugo gangsters out of about 150k. Didn't have a good feeling about that guy, he seemed very "slick", but I had no idea he was a criminal. He disappeared. I don't know what those guys do to people exactly, but I can't imagine his last hours being very pleasant.

Bottom line: As a "civilian" your options are limited when a guy stiffs you, unless you are willing to risk everything to get the money. And don't screw criminals over, because they are willing and able to make you disappear.
I think a lot of guys watch too much t.v. and believe too much in the justice system. You might be one of them. Prime suspect doesn't mean a thing without concrete evidence. Even if the police know who did it there is not much they can do in a lot of cases.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably should have kept the chips-then offered a percent to some big time gambler to cash them every other day or so. Might even find a third party to sell them back to Dippy for 75k. Anyway idda hung on to those chips even if i eventually had to throw them in the river. At least that way he is still out 90K and you have some bargaining position. Could be more facts coming out clearing this all up i hope.

PS_ If they were ARIA chips scott frost maybe could cash a couple

Arent they good friend ? Didnt Chris backup Dippy during that Dippy- Frost few years ago? But I suppose as they say in those mob movies - Keep your friends closesr than your enemies :)

I saw Incardona playing at DCC one year on a live stream wearing a money belt. Sounds like a good idea for times like this. Cash the chips and put the cash in the belt.

Not advisable . You know what happens to those wearing big gold chains Jewelry on their hands in crime ridden areas ?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again

Do we really wonder why big stakes pool has no credibility? Bring back dueling.

2strong4u

Banned
I think a lot of guys watch too much t.v. and believe too much in the justice system. You might be one of them. Prime suspect doesn't mean a thing without concrete evidence. Even if the police know who did it there is not much they can do in a lot of cases.

Done right anything can be done. Nobody ever got over on me...all I'm saying.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Arent they good friend ? Didnt Chris backup Dippy during that Dippy- Frost few years ago? But I suppose as they say in those mob movies - Keep your friends closesr than your enemies :)

Not advisable . You know what happens to those wearing big gold chains Jewelry on their hands in crime ridden areas ?
I never backed him up for how he screwed Scott frost .

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never backed him up for how he screwed Scott frost .

Money on the wood makes the betting good, as they say.

So sorry to learn this happened to you, Chris, of all people.

I wonder if the other side would have quit if they had been 50 large winner. I guess it's a good move if you can get away with it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably should have kept the chips-then offered a percent to some big time gambler to cash them every other day or so. Might even find a third party to sell them back to Dippy for 75k. Anyway idda hung on to those chips even if i eventually had to throw them in the river. At least that way he is still out 90K and you have some bargaining position. Could be more facts coming out clearing this all up i hope.

PS_ If they were ARIA chips scott frost maybe could cash a couple

I read something recently about Aria and poker room. I'm not quite sure I understand what happened, though ---> HERE