The Dr. Was In

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to finally meet and spend a couple of days with Dr. Dave this past week in Crested Butte, CO, where I go occasionally for vacation. Dave lives in Fort Collins and was nice enough to make the drive to CB - stopping along the way to ride some high trails on his high tech mountain bike. The guy's got more energy and stamina than two or three normal guys!

In addition to being one of the most knowledgeable pool physics experts and instructors, he's also lots of fun with a great sense of humor - and he plays a damned good game of pool! We played some 8-Ball over a couple of days and, despite the subpar equipment, I think there were more runouts than not.

Thanks for visiting, Dave - hope we can do it again sometime!

pj
chgo

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had the opportunity to finally meet and spend a couple of days with Dr. Dave this past week in Crested Butte, CO, where I go occasionally for vacation. Dave lives in Fort Collins and was nice enough to make the drive to CB - stopping along the way to ride some high trails on his high tech mountain bike. The guy's got more energy and stamina than two or three normal guys!

In addition to being one of the most knowledgeable pool physics experts and instructors, he's also lots of fun with a great sense of humor - and he plays a damned good game of pool! We played some 8-Ball over a couple of days and, despite the subpar equipment, I think there were more runouts than not.

Thanks for visiting, Dave - hope we can do it again sometime!

pj
chgo
PJ,

Thanks again for hosting me. Crested Butte is an awesome place. That Slate River Road was one of the prettiest drives I've ever been on.

It is always fun meeting forum members in person, especially those I've gotten to "know" fairly well online (although, my image of the person is rarely a good match of the actual live person).

bquiggle also joined us one night for a little pool. Bill is lucky to live in such a place full time.

I look forward to more Crested Butte time and games of pool in the future.

Thanks again,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
No pictures = it didn't happen. :)
I don't have any pictures of us playing pool (which we did quite a bit), but I do have some scenery shots on my Facebook page (the most recent post on July 29) along with a pic of me and Pat in front of an awesome home-style fried-chicken place we dined at with his family.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I don't have any pictures of us playing pool (which we did quite a bit), but I do have some scenery shots on my Facebook page (the most recent post on July 29) along with a pic of me and Pat in front of an awesome home-style fried-chicken place we dined at with his family.

Regards,
Dave

Aha, I suspected the Doc was a biker...:eek:

I don't belong to FB.....many AZers don't ....please post pics

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member

Attachments

• IMG_6359_KM.jpg
    IMG_6359_KM.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 570

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanx, PJ....it looks great up there.

Was the raft called George?
:smile:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
...and a couple of the town of Crested Butte itself - the main street and Kochevar's Saloon, where we played pool one night with Bill Quiggle (bquiggle here on AzB, one of the local residents and a lot of fun - thanks for coming out, Bill!)...

pj
chgo

View attachment 69593
View attachment 69708

Attachments

• IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 539

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Thanx, PJ....it looks great up there.
My favorite spot in the US in the summer. Skiers love it in the winter (right over the pass south of Aspen).

Was the raft called George?
:smile:
Nyuck nyuck...

“Part of the loot went for gambling, part for horses, and part for women. The rest I spent foolishly.”
―George Raft

pj
chgo

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely one of my favorite places too Pat! I was fortunate enough to live there (or Gunnison) for 15 years. Lotta great memories. I visit every summer, even if just for a few days! Bill and I met too and got reacquainted through old friends while having lunch and riding the bus! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Definitely one of my favorite places too Pat! I was fortunate enough to live there (or Gunnison) for 15 years. Lotta great memories. I visit every summer, even if just for a few days! Bill and I met too and got reacquainted through old friends while having lunch and riding the bus! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
Funny we never talked about this, Scott. When did you live there? I've been going almost every summer for 30 years or more. Were you a ski bum, a river rat or just another bar banger? :)

pj
chgo

bquiggle

Registered
Guys thanks for coming to CB this summer enjoyed meeting Scott, Dave and Pat Thank you all for hanging out with a rookie, The sad news that Kochevar's closed last week. Hopefully a new owner will step up......anyone here interested?