Short video of the mega pool hall in NC

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Mama Mia, these folks really have faith in the future of Pool.
If I lived within 50 miles, I'd be buying a Lifetime Membership.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member

I went buy last week to check it out and it was awesome. The layout is great because the bar/restaurant is separate from the pool hall so you don't have to worry about being crowded.

A funny thing I noticed with the Diamond 5x10 is that it's either just that big, or it's that big and a little taller. I couldn't check the rack that I made. Heck the first rack I racked a full ball lower than the spot and didn't know it. I might have to use a magic rack on that table because I'm only 5'10"

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Looks kinda small.

Compared to an aircraft carrier.

Here's hoping the place does well.

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place looks awesome, but it sounds live the videographer has asthma. Get the man an inhaler!

The Piper

Get Ugly...
Silver Member

I agree. Here in Mass I've seen several pool halls close up, because the sport just couldn't sustain them. I read somewhere on here they have a bar and restaurant so hopefully they get enough business there that it can keep the pool hall alive.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks To Be A Novel Approach

There's likely to be some pretty hefty capitalization & overhead costs, in addition to all the customary direct and sundry expenses required
to operate and maintain that facility. Ergo, I foresee that the bar/restaurant business is where the real profit will be realized.

Look at what Dave & Buster's has achieved with a restaurant venue and the offering of video/arcade games.........the feature of pool playing
represents a tertiary revenue stream for Dave & Buster's but nonetheless a powerful magnet for luring business. Best of Luck with this venture.

Matt B.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't the place a little out of the way from anywhere to be able to draw enough customers to cover that nut?

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I don't think so.

45 minutes from Greensboro, Winston and Charlotte
30 minutes from Hickory, Mooresville, Lake Norman area.

It's literally right off I40 and two exits from the I77/I40 interchange

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
The tables are open :)

They're not 100% open yet as the restaurant and bar aren't open yet, but the sea of tables is open to play. They're going to be open 24 hours a day till Monday. If I wouldn't get into trouble with the lady of the house I'd be missing till then