There's a funny thing about cues

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
You just can't get enough of them and you get excited to get a new one in your grubby little hands.

I haven't bought a production player in years. I've just preferred to get exactly what I want. The last month or so I've had an itch to get a new one and just didn't know what I wanted. After seeing a review of a website here (manningcues.com) I decided to check them out.

I saw a Mezz sneakie Pete that cured my itch. After seeing that you could do a shaft upgrade with the cue and getting an email from Heath answering a question I posted here before I could even ask I was hooked. Saw the email and I said, "yep this guy is getting my money".

I think I just confirmed myself as a cue addict considering that I am just as excited to get this new one as I was any other cue I had made for me.

Just a little shout out to the website. Their Mezz cues are discounted and like I said before they have incredible service.

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
I'm at that point right now and a little upset because the delivery is delayed by ONE DAY!! The cue is being made by custom cuemaker Myron Nakamura on the beautiful island of Maui and shipping tomorrow to arrive in my grubby little hands on Tuesday, I thought he was shipping it on Saturday for a Monday delivery but I was mistaken.....damn it!!!!

I'm definitely a cue whore and really enjoy a well executed design, coincidentally I was thinking about getting a Mezz shaft soon to see what the excitement is all about. If you can, please post a little blurb about how it hits and whatnot. Thank you so much!!

Neil

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I continue to be a tramp after already owning some terrific cues.

In 2013, I designed and ordered a very fancy custom.
In 2014, I did the same thing but a different cue-maker.

Well, I wanted another fancy cue made & couldn't decide between two great cue designs.
The customs I already had made turned out really great so I had to flip a coin to decide.
The coin flip was for the cue design and also one of the two cue-makers I had already used.

So I flip to decide which design & cue-maker to use & place a order for another fancy custom.
And you know what happens.....I start wondering about that other great design I wanted to have.
24 hrs....goes by.....then 48 hrs......I get a call about the veneers on the cue I just ordered.....72 hrs.
goes by....can't get that other design off my mind.......96 hrs later I ordered the other fancy custom.

My customs will take awhile & I have this crazy itch for another cue right now....this is really pathetic.
Not one of these cues will improve my pool game in the slightest. Yet, I still long for a few more cues.
I border on being insane. I am now thinking about adding a very fancy Joel Hercek pool cue this year.

It's a affliction.....self-indulgence, egotistical satisfaction.....call it what you will but I definitely have it.
And week in and week out on Az, I others revealing their own fascination with collecting pool cues.....
It's akin to being seduced into taking drugs and then the next day you awake with this new fixation.
Just imagine how bad it could become if one was financially well off.....I'd have a $100k cue collection.

Matt B.

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I'm at that point right now and a little upset because the delivery is delayed by ONE DAY!! The cue is being made by custom cuemaker Myron Nakamura on the beautiful island of Maui and shipping tomorrow to arrive in my grubby little hands on Tuesday, I thought he was shipping it on Saturday for a Monday delivery but I was mistaken.....damn it!!!!

I'm definitely a cue whore and really enjoy a well executed design, coincidentally I was thinking about getting a Mezz shaft soon to see what the excitement is all about. If you can, please post a little blurb about how it hits and whatnot. Thank you so much!!

Neil

Definitely will. I got it with a hybrid pro 2 upgrade

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I continue to be a tramp after already owning some terrific cues.

In 2013, I designed and ordered a very fancy custom.
In 2014, I did the same thing but a different cue-maker.

Well, I wanted another fancy cue made & couldn't decide between two great cue designs.
The customs I already had made turned out really great so I had to flip a coin to decide.
The coin flip was for the cue design and also one of the two cue-makers I had already used.

So I flip to decide which design & cue-maker to use & place a order for another fancy custom.
And you know what happens.....I start wondering about that other great design I wanted to have.
24 hrs....goes by.....then 48 hrs......I get a call about the veneers on the cue I just ordered.....72 hrs.
goes by....can't get that other design off my mind.......96 hrs later I ordered the other fancy custom.

My customs will take awhile & I have this crazy itch for another cue right now....this is really pathetic.
Not one of these cues will improve my pool game in the slightest. Yet, I still long for a few more cues.
I border on being insane. I am now thinking about adding a very fancy Joel Hercek pool cue this year.

It's a affliction.....self-indulgence, egotistical satisfaction.....call it what you will but I definitely have it.
And week in and week out on Az, I others revealing their own fascination with collecting pool cues.....
It's akin to being seduced into taking drugs and then the next day you awake with this new fixation.
Just imagine how bad it could become if one was financially well off.....I'd have a $100k cue collection.

Matt B.

Even my fiancee says that I have a sickness. I recently say a Murray Tucker for sale and almost immediately started building a back story of how this one appeared

Heath Manning

Manning Cues
Silver Member
You just can't get enough of them and you get excited to get a new one in your grubby little hands.

I haven't bought a production player in years. I've just preferred to get exactly what I want. The last month or so I've had an itch to get a new one and just didn't know what I wanted. After seeing a review of a website here (manningcues.com) I decided to check them out.

I saw a Mezz sneakie Pete that cured my itch. After seeing that you could do a shaft upgrade with the cue and getting an email from Heath answering a question I posted here before I could even ask I was hooked. Saw the email and I said, "yep this guy is getting my money".

I think I just confirmed myself as a cue addict considering that I am just as excited to get this new one as I was any other cue I had made for me.

Just a little shout out to the website. Their Mezz cues are discounted and like I said before they have incredible service.

Hey Gunzby,

Thank you for letting me earn your business.
I'm very passionate about billiards and when I see a client take the time to review my service it really touch's me.
Billiards is not just a business to me and I enjoy every clients personal interaction.

MSP-C.jpg

Your new Mezz MSP-C will ship on Tuesday and I'll provide you with a tracking number by 6pm.
Enjoy your night and keep loving the game
:smile:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Hey Gunzby,

Thank you for letting me earn your business.
I'm very passionate about billiards and when I see a client take the time to review my service it really touch's me.
Billiards is not just a business to me and I enjoy every clients personal interaction.

MSP-C.jpg

Your new Mezz MSP-C will ship on Tuesday and I'll provide you with a tracking number by 6pm.
Enjoy your night and keep loving the game
:smile:

I can't wait :)

I think good service should be talked about, especially in this industry. Any time I have a good experience doing business with someone I try to make sure to point it out here and with ppl I know.

Somebody might be taking a sick day

Last edited: