zero-x

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tors videos are great. I referred to them when I started playing, and still do just to refresh certain aspects of my game, i try and take the good from all instructional videos.

I purchased his kicking video and still studying it, very informative and detailed.

Jerros

Thanks for the recommendation on the videos. Does anyone here actually have the position play videos? Tor shows a new type of shot at about 1:30 on the first position play video for not getting a double hit when your cue ball is almost on top of your target ball and the target ball is on the rail. I was wondering if anyone had looked into the legality of the shot for APA matches.

ShadowKing

Registered
Tors videos are great. I referred to them when I started playing, and still do just to refresh certain aspects of my game, i try and take the good from all instructional videos.

I purchased his kicking video and still studying it, very informative and detailed.

Thats sounds very nice. I will try it.

honor 6 folie

Last edited:

oldmanatc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have all Tors vids as well, the pattern play videos alobe are worth it. Ive only had them for about 2 weeks, so time will tell. He has a very down to earth way of explaining things that makes them feel like common sense.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

skipbales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought them and have to ask a question. after trying some of his shots and advice, seeing my results, I looked again at the video. I do not believe he is using a 41/2x9' table. it looks like a 7, maybe an 8. For me, I think disclosure is a must to be of value. I stopped watching.

Can anyone please tell me the size of the table used? I have experienced this with other instructional and believe it to be a short coming.

thanks,
Phil

He is using a 9' table for his pattern play. I asked him because some of the patterns are too tight on my 88" table and he confirmed. I don't know on the kicking and banking.

lvlss42190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would have to agree here, I purchased the entire video collection from his website. For about 40 dollars I got 14 hours of videos and a few ebooks as well. There can be some repeat information that I'm sure anyone who has played before has heard somewhere. The way Tor presents this information and explains it is always easy to understand and there are numerous instances where he throws in a gem or two that really make all the difference. The banking video helped me a lot with lining up the shots, and I swear by his ball pocketing drills.

For the price you pay you can't beat it, the only instructional material I would recommend over zero x would be the Dr. Dave V.E.P.S. or V.E.P.P. DVD's which are considerably more expensive, but in my opinion offer much more.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I don't have the videos...yet.

I've never received instruction on the proper methods and techniques. I have no formal knowledge of shot mechanics, and like a golfer who has adjusted to his slice over the years, I likely compensate for my errors, leading to inconsistent play.

I just watched a one hour video with this guy, did some of the drills, and have already seen some improvement on long shots. I plan to get his DVD set when Sauron (who wears the One Ring to Rule Them All) gives me my allowance.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Wish there was a billiards player that would do what tors doing but with straight rail and 3c

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I bought the collection tonight, downloading now

Seen half of the kicking and some of the banks

30 bucks is worth 10+hrs of instructional videos

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought the collection tonight, downloading now

Seen half of the kicking and some of the banks

30 bucks is worth 10+hrs of instructional videos

You won't regret the purchase.

The Kicking video (almost 3 hrs long) for me was the best. Watched it many times and practiced for many hours. The information in that video will help your kicking, safety and position play.

Have fun :)

John

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
You won't regret the purchase.

The Kicking video (almost 3 hrs long) for me was the best. Watched it many times and practiced for many hours. The information in that video will help your kicking, safety and position play.

Have fun :)

John

and i might end up being able to apply some of it to my billiards play as well

see my avatar? thats my table

like i said, 30 bucks, no problem, ive spent more on food some days, on myself!

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
I like his stuff, he's easy to follow and the videos are very informative. Also, the price is right, too!