Are any cue makers working on butts specifically for Revo shafts?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Revo shafts are popping up all over the place. Are any custom cuemakers taking advantage of this, by designing butts specially for them? I see this could be profitable and fun.

The Revo shaft has no ringwork, and is flat black. I could see custom cuemakers making butts with no joint rings, or with rings that look good asymmetrical. Maybe the cue is finished matte also, instead of high gloss? Maybe it incorporates some carbon fiber to balance out the shaft materials? Given it should have a joint diameter and pin to match whatever is easy to get on the Revo. Lots of possibilities.

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will they be cue makers or butt special lest.Has anyone showed the big difference between Revo and other top LD shafts that make them the greatest thing since sliced bread.How about the new Jacoby shaft coming out? Do custom cue makers give a rebate if you have to get a better shaft then they make? I will venture to say 90% of pro,s can beat the Revo addicts with a lousy maple shaft.$600 in leasons will get you more than a wonder shaft. And by the time your lessons are over there will be another super dooper wonder shaft. A nice butt with a super shaft sounds like somthing the mods should ban.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like the shaft or not, it’s here to stay.

The aesthetics are much different. A big opportunity imo for some custom cuemakers to leave their mark.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will they be cue makers or butt special lest.Has anyone showed the big difference between Revo and other top LD shafts that make them the greatest thing since sliced bread.How about the new Jacoby shaft coming out? Do custom cue makers give a rebate if you have to get a better shaft then they make? I will venture to say 90% of pro,s can beat the Revo addicts with a lousy maple shaft.$600 in leasons will get you more than a wonder shaft. And by the time your lessons are over there will be another super dooper wonder shaft. A nice butt with a super shaft sounds like somthing the mods should ban.

Why do so many people think that just because someone uses a Revo shaft that they think its automatically going to make them a pro level player or something? Its just a shaft ... get over it... LOL

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To stay on track I don’t think any makers are doing what you are asking but it would be cool to have a true matching custom. Rings or no rings the Revo looks neat on almost any butt. I enjoy it on an iKon2-1 or the Schon Hoppe Tribute.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did You ask any?

I don't know of any who are dong anything like that as general business practice, however we are talking about custom cue makers. If you tell them you want a cue made to go with your revo shaft I'm certain they can design a cue you will be happy with.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been stated, on this site, that different butts effect the measurable amount of squirt from a low deflection shaft. Anybody working on making a cue butt that enhances the Revo, or other LD shafts?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do so many people think that just because someone uses a Revo shaft that they think its automatically going to make them a pro level player or something? Its just a shaft ... get over it... LOL

Yeah. Sure didn’t up your game :groucho::groucho::eek:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing joints screws has gained in popularity.
Matte finish,
Finish cues as normal, wet sand and and stop. No compounds or polish.
Wipe it down with a cloth. The cue maintains it protection without the high gloss shine.