cue building books?

Trent

Banned
does anyone have the hightower cue building books or dvds they would like to get rid of??

if so just pm me but i wont be back online until monday.:thumbup:

thanks
Trent
614-260-6260

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
does anyone have the hightower cue building books or dvds they would like to get rid of??

if so just pm me but i wont be back online until monday.:thumbup:

thanks
Trent
614-260-6260

I have David Paul Kersenbrocks cue building book in PDF format if you want it...I can email it

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have David Paul Kersenbrocks cue building book in PDF format if you want it...I can email it

.............................................................................................................................

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'm glad you found a Deluxe, Trent. Don't forget that Chris has a new DVD out on finishing techniques. Thats a must have as well. I don't know if you'll be able to find the Hightower 3rd addition book as a person will always want that for a reference to look on in the shop. I know you're trying to do this on a budget so you have some extra for wood but, the book and dvds are money well spent.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you guys sure David never claimed copyrights on his book?
Is passing around copies of David's book that David sells kosher?

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Are you guys sure David never claimed copyrights on his book?
Is passing around copies of David's book that David sells kosher?

Its on a website for free download, thats where I got it...I am not sure of the website though. I just stumbled upon it.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Its on a website for free download, thats where I got it...I am not sure of the website though. I just stumbled upon it.

You could save yourself a lot of unnecessary keystrokes by posting a link to the site where you found DPK's writings.
That would also get you off the hook for any copyright infringements.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know if this is a copyrighted work, but copyright infringement (even if NOT for monetary gain) is still illegal.

Well said Bill!
Making yourself an extra copy to keep for yourself may or may not be illegal. But to pass around copies is certainly causing monetary harm to David, so I would think Bill is right, that is is illegal. Someone post the link where it can be downloaded and then contact David and ask him what he thinks about it.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As long as its not being sold for a profit how can it not be???
The person passing out the copies may not be benefiting from it monetarily, but the people receiving it are. It is kind of like stealing for someone else out of the kindness of your heart. You may not be stealing it for yourself, but stealing it to give to someone else is still wrong. Someone may feel like a modern day Robin Hood by doing it, but Prince John or should we say Uncle Sam can still punish those whom they catch.

jrackman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
never mind

sorry i didn't know, so please do not send copy to me,but i would be more then glad to pay DPK for a copy of his book if its available.
jeff

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
I have no idea what website it was on. It was on a book website where you can download books to read. I was downloading books on blueprints to build a go cart. I was also downloading blueprints on how to make a frame for a chopper...I was in the DIY area...I seen something that said how to build a pool cue and looked and it was this pdf book...again, this was maybe a yr ago that i found it and I have no clue as to the website that it was on.