This is going to be my next restoration project

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked this up over the weekend for $300.00 and I bought a nice old triple light for over the table and a nice old vintage billiards sign for an extra $100.00

I'm going to take it apart and completely refinish the sides and tops, new rails and Simonis cloth. Going to change the color also and get a new set of Super Pros to round it out. Here's a couple of before pics. I'll post the afters just as soon as it's done.

Attachments

• IMG_4858.jpg
    IMG_4858.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7,477
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 7,371
  • IMG_4860.jpg
    IMG_4860.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7,478
  • IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 7,364
  • IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 7,424

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The room is currently a mess. I'm in the process of turning it into a proper man cave. This project is going to take a lot of work. The floor was just put down two weeks ago.,

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay so this is what I'm leaning towards with a deep wine colored cloth or a dark green?

My overall theme is going to be steampunk so looking for a retro industrial feel when I'm done.

Attachments

• New color scheme.jpg
    New color scheme.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 7,398

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's your cave, so I won't butt in too much, but don't go with red felt. Your eyes will hate it. Go with green. Easier on the eyes for longer play periods.

Unless you really don't plan to shoot too much, green is better for eye strain. Most other colors bother me after an hour.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
What a sweet deal you got there SignManiac! $300???? Wow! What model Brunswick is that? I don't recall ever seeing legs like that.

Can't wait to see your finished table/room. Please have it done by the weekend.
:wink:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked this up over the weekend for $300.00 and I bought a nice old triple light for over the table and a nice old vintage billiards sign for an extra $100.00

I'm going to take it apart and completely refinish the sides and tops, new rails and Simonis cloth. Going to change the color also and get a new set of Super Pros to round it out. Here's a couple of before pics. I'll post the afters just as soon as it's done.

Nice table. I used to play in a room that had a bunch of those. I forget the name of the table, they are a pretty good commercial table, very sturdy.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Green it is. That's what I had in my original vision. The table is a 1964
Brunswick Viscount. I've done some research and from what I've been able to find, the top may be based on an earlier Gold Crown. If that's the case then I'm really pleased.

I have the original owners manual for the table when it was sold new. I may frame that and put it on display next to the table.

I also was considering designing something like this for the steampunk theme, but think it's too busy. I think I'll do the pipe and gear design on the shuffleboard table instead.

Attachments

• viscount-catalog-2.jpg
    viscount-catalog-2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 7,237
  • steampunk.jpg
    steampunk.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7,286

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice table. I used to play in a room that had a bunch of those. I forget the name of the table, they are a pretty good commercial table, very sturdy.

It took six strong men to lift it out of the guys house and onto my trailer. Nearly broke my back. It weighs a ton. The slate appears to be a solid inch.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Brunswick Viscount. I've done some research and from what I've been able to find, the top may be based on an earlier Gold Crown. If that's the case then I'm really pleased.

I have the original owners manual for the table when it was sold new. I may frame that and put it on display next to the table.

I also was considering designing something like this for the steampunk theme, but think it's too busy. I think I'll do the pipe and gear design on the shuffleboard table instead.

Classy move, framing the brochure. I think this table will do well with a nice stained wood/clean felt combo. Maybe darken up those plastic trays.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I just finished up staining, felting, and cushioning my Gold Crown, I have not done anything with my basement in which it resides now though. When people ask, I tell them I am going with the Turkish Prison motif, how did I do?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking table, I'd leave the top rails alone and if you want to mess around with it, put a veneer overlay over the sides and modify that. I think it looks pretty good as it, a very Jetsons looking table.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree but that it's not a bad looking table as it, but I want something totally different and over the top. It will go with me to my grave. Hell I might even have it buried with me :)

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished up staining, felting, and cushioning my Gold Crown, I have not done anything with my basement in which it resides now though. When people ask, I tell them I am going with the Turkish Prison motif, how did I do?

It did turn out nice! Very classic look indeed.

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a few updates. I haven't moved forward on the Brunswick yet, but have instead been working on the steampunk room theme. I still have a huge amount of work left on the room but I'm just doing a little at a time. It's been a lot of fun taking what's in my head and turning it into reality.

These are in no particular order. The lavatory design is what I plan to do on the exterior of the bathroom walls.

Attachments

• baseboard.jpg
    baseboard.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 6,781
  • bathroom before.jpg
    bathroom before.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6,758
  • Bathroom.jpg
    Bathroom.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 6,875
  • chairs.jpg
    chairs.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 6,862
  • IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6,767

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More pics of the progress

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpg
    IMG_1836.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 6,765
  • IMG_1837.jpg
    IMG_1837.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6,860
  • IMG_1838.jpg
    IMG_1838.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 6,728
  • IMG_1841.jpg
    IMG_1841.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 6,820
  • Mancave spider.jpg
    Mancave spider.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 6,833
Last edited:

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More progression pics

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,865
  • IMG_1848.jpg
    IMG_1848.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,920
  • IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,918
  • IMG_1850.jpg
    IMG_1850.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,923
  • IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,908

SignManiac

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a few more along with the faux copper tin ceiling I will be doing.

Attachments

• copper tin small.jpg
    copper tin small.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,898
  • IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,915
  • mancave rat.jpg
    mancave rat.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,893

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Right you are. I got one of these when I purchased my first room. It is
indeed a Gold Crown from the frame up. As a bonus - it has adjustable
feet that actually do adjust - unlike the GCs.

One suggestion for your consideration. Though I like the idea of the
Manual-on-display, PLEEEEEEEASE don't use the original manual.
Do you have any idea how rare that document is today? You could easily get
exact dupes of all the pages - that way viewers could see both sides.

Just a thought...

Dale

Dopc

www.PoolActionTV.com
Silver Member
Wow, very nice room man, I would love to have that amount of space. I've recently built a small pool room in my basement. (Can be seen here) However working with a small space limits just how much can fit in. Good job:thumbup:

Dopc/

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
That is very impressive! Do you do this sort of work for a living? Is the metal pipe on the high part of the wall just deco?

Great job!