zero-x

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody have any knowledge about these videos. I came across some vids on youtube.
Someone named Tor Lowry has four vids: zero -x secrets of pool (two vids), zero-x kicking, and zero-x banking.
Are they worth downloading?

SpiderJerusalem

The Brink of Apocalypse
Silver Member
I found them very informative. Tor doesn't say anything that you haven't heard before, but it seems to make a lot of sense when he says it.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
I think they're excellent. His shot making drills alone are worth the cost of the whole set.

billlaur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely the best out there, a good investment, should increase your ability fast....

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They will help if you haven't watched other videos or had instruction. The are pretty good, but do contain some info that just isn't correct. I much prefer Bert Kinnisters or Dr. Dave's material. For books, get Mark Wilson's Play Great Pool.

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have bought just about every instructional video out there. Tried all of the gimicks for aiming.

Bought the set of Zero X and it helped me more than all the others and made more sense.

First thing he said was practice with repetitions and forget the gimmicks or tricks, they may help you at first but they aren't anything to rely on. I totally agree with him on that as I found all of them ended up to be snake oil, smoke and mirrors.

Then all of the kicks and banks were really simplified with no gimmicks or tricks just using simple math and geometry. Again you need to practice to get the feel.

He doesn't get much into how to stand and ect trying to make one fits all as some do but watching what he showed improved my stroke and cuing tremendously. I have now been able to eliminate my hooking and am hitting the CB where I intend.

I feel it was well worth the $45 I spent. Others may disagree with me but I know and am seeing my own results and am very pleased with the results.

🎱

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought them and have to ask a question. after trying some of his shots and advice, seeing my results, I looked again at the video. I do not believe he is using a 41/2x9' table. it looks like a 7, maybe an 8. For me, I think disclosure is a must to be of value. I stopped watching.

Can anyone please tell me the size of the table used? I have experienced this with other instructional and believe it to be a short coming.

thanks,
Phil

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the kicking and banking vids. I thought it was a regulation table. Perhaps an eight, but definitely not a seven.

What diff does it make? The geometry is the same.....

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the kicking and banking vids. I thought it was a regulation table. Perhaps an eight, but definitely not a seven.

What diff does it make? The geometry is the same.....

Actually it does make a difference. They play diffferent as speed and position will vary considerably. Also on larger tables ballls open up and travel different. Note the difficulty pro have in adjusting to 10 footers.

Last edited:

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Tor's instructional info is easy to follow. I got to experience it first hand when he was traveling around the country giving people lessons for free. He came to my house and taught me for a week, 8 hours per day...for FREE. It really helped my game.
I know he visited several others on his cross country trip. I'm very thankful he likes to teach

tashworth19191

Pool will make you humble
Silver Member
As a guy that has bought all the video's the only ones I recommend are Tor Lowry's and Dr. Daves... Most of the other ones I feel were no help to me and many of them I felt like I was ripped off.

You will find that there are a lot of people that make a living off of telling you they have a great video, then when you get it, you end up feeling like a sucker.

I love all of Tor's Videos and like Dr. Daves VEPS, BU and HAPS videos.

Hope this helps.

kane

I purchased them as well. For such a small amount of money, there is a lot of great information. And the drill e-book is great. Some information is basic repeat, but there is more than enough GOOD information to make it worth the money.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought them and have to ask a question. after trying some of his shots and advice, seeing my results, I looked again at the video. I do not believe he is using a 41/2x9' table. it looks like a 7, maybe an 8. For me, I think disclosure is a must to be of value. I stopped watching.

Can anyone please tell me the size of the table used? I have experienced this with other instructional and believe it to be a short coming.

thanks,
Phil

Not sure why that matters as a 2:1 table is a 2:1 table no matter how big or small it is. What is going to matter more are the sizes of the pockets, the rails and the cloth. All of which can be the exact same or totally different on every 2:1 table so again I do not understand your concern of this.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually it does make a difference. They play diffferent as speed and position will vary considerably. Also on larger tables ballls open up and travel different. Note the difficulty pro have in adjusting to 10 footers.

Sure you have to adjust speed and angle slightly as a ball in the middle of the table hit to roll 7ft 2 diamonds travels more before hitting a rail on a larger table thus will be traveling slower when it hits the rail with a slightly larger angle and thus will react slightly differentl However, a ball that is 1 ft off the rail with that same 7ft stroke will react very close to the same on every table given same cushions and cloth.

Maybe we can get a Dr. Dave video on this. :)

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
GREAT vids , ive seen a few others but this has been the best , i was basically on the proper path but with blinders , it all became so clear what i was doing wrong , just a little adjustment i needed ,he also kept my childlike attention , because he didnt go into the science of things , i highly advocate Tor Lowry , :thumbup:

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks,
Phil

I love the Tor Lowry videos, no matter the table size. When I got mine, the total price was about twenty bucks for the set, really cheap for such good instruction. Recently a version III has become available, apparently at no charge but maybe the upgrade came to me free as a prior customer, not sure.

I use them in conjunction with the Play Great Pool book by Mark Wilson, plus the many Dr Dave videos and explanations, and several Bob Jewett articles in pdf format which are out there for the free downloading.

Between these few instructional items, there is great confirmation and clarity. I have had good luck just playing Tor videos in the background as I play around on my table, so I stop and review shots or techniques as they interest me.

As for the table size, it sounds to me like someone is looking for a reason to dislike the Lowry videos. If they are not for you, try something else, no need to bash them because you have not been informed of the exact table size, who modified the rails, who installed the cloth, what balls are used, what cue Tor has, and what tip he has installed. All that is just sour grapes, and I think anyone looking for such an easy out to dislike teaching should take a good look in the mirror of their learning style, and seek out the good instead of bashing where you do not feel comfortable or need an excuse for some lack of understanding or lack of progress. Because by now everyone should know there is no magic wand, no magic bullet, no magic teacher, no magic instructional video - nevertheless, many people people find the Tor Lowry videos helpful, each to his or her own degree. Many people find the Lowry videos of great benefit, I am among that group.

I have not spent as much time on his banking videos nor as much practice. But the first large video with the basics has improved my game so much that I now expect to run out any game of 8 ball, if I get one make-able shot accompanied with a lane to position or cluster breakup. Formerly I was a three and four ball run artist, always getting so far out of line by the third or maybe fourth ball that I could not recover and finish the run. Now, with Tor's compact stroke, and his ideas on pattern play, plus some shot making drills, I have a huge increase in skill level, so much so that I have to work to casually lose to my banger buddies who have not improved, so they won't lose interest in our barbox fun ball games.

hboat333

Registered
I love Tor's stuff. I can't remember exactly, but I think I paid about 7-8 bucks for his Zero-X kicking video and it was totally worth it. With the amount of instruction he puts out there for free, it felt good to sling some $$$ his way....