One Pocket----A Game of Controlled Aggression by Tom Wirth

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I just finished reading this book. This is an awesome book and a Gold Standard for the Game of One Pocket as it pertains to a proper instructional book that directs the player on how to view and play the game using proper thought processes and strategy.

That in itself is a huge part of the game for me. I can see that some of the thinking I was using was wrong altogether and now I have a chance to build my best game. When a friend turned me onto One Pocket I became enthralled but mostly defensive in nature and Tom Wirth shows you that you must also be aggressive and creative in order to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

I give this book a 10 thumbs up!

I also own Shots, Moves and Strategies but I prefer this material because of its spiral binder, you can lay it on the pool table and set up the situations and work on them.

You will have purchased a book that if you work on all of the situations, reading them over and studying them that will enable you to address threats you were not prepared to address before. My initial read and taking some of this to the table has taught me that I will be working in this book for a long time, when I'm done you guys better look out! This book is very well thought out and will be a cornerstone to a movement that has started in pool and that is the movement towards One Pocket--A Game of Controlled Aggression. A game for not only the learned players of pool but a game for anyone that wants to learn everything there is to learn about pool.

I would like to personally thank Tom for sharing his wealth of knowledge in a way that is going to be useful for a lot of people. What a nice legacy and a timeless piece of work.

Last edited:

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Been waiting for this sucker to come out! I don't play the game yet but many at the pool hall I go to do.

Looking forward to getting a copy

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
toms book will become a HAVE TO HAVE book for one pocket players
it reallly teaches you how to play and think when playing not just a collections of shots and moves
although there are plenty of shots and moves in there that he uses as examples to illustrate his point
thanks tom for the time and effort to write this book and your willingness to share your hard earned knowledge
:thumbup::thumbup:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Controlled Aggression is without a doubt one of the best books in 1P history. Own it and you'll agree. It is 100% business. The price is a bargain. It's worth more than it is selling for. I'm taking my time reading it. Concentrating on one page at a time. The "Catchers Mitt" for trapping is my practice drill for now....and it's getting better day by day. I might not hit the spot every time but at least I'm looking for it. That's a great start.
If anyone lives near DelRay Beach, Florida contact Tom for some private lessons. Nobody does it better. He is the live version of Controlled Aggression.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,661
Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind reviews guys. I just saw this though it has been out for some time now. It was a pleasure writing this book mostly because I love the game of One Pocket and wanted more than anything to promote it to world wide proportions. It's all about the game.

Thanks to all who play and enjoy One Pocket!

If interested in a copy, you can contact me at trwirth369@gmail.com

Tom Wirth

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also have the book and love it.....it opened up my thinking alot and showed me how unskilled i was because i was so uncomfortable with many of the shots......but practice makes perfect......just out of curiosity how well do u play Tom?? shortstop speed??

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
I also have the book and love it.....it opened up my thinking alot and showed me how unskilled i was because i was so uncomfortable with many of the shots......but practice makes perfect......just out of curiosity how well do u play Tom?? shortstop speed??

Tom Tom is a monster 1P player

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The doors and windows must be locked when playing Tom 1P as he will run out.
His level.......excellent.
To publish a book like Controlled Aggression is to set a high standard of knowledge and performance.

Last edited:

Ross K.

This is the book.

Totally worth it! I bought this book and so far I am really enjoying it and finding it well organized and helpful. I like that it feels like a chess book and is divided into beginning / middle / end game. Before this, probably the most helpful resources I'd seen were the Scott Frost Power One Pocket video and Willie Jopling's video. I have Shots, Moves, and Strategies, but a lot of the shots in there seem very low- percentage to me and hard to apply to games. Tom's book seems more systematic and thorough, easier to apply. Again, let me emphasize how helpful it is for it to focus on different shots and strategies in the beginning vs middle vs end game. I do think that this book sets a new standard for one-pocket resources. It's very complete. Go study it!

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Check out Tom's YouTube: One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression

His latest video (carom bank and out) is an eye opener and entertaining

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The definitive book on One Pocket; One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression. Endorsed by the voice of Accu-Stats Billy Incardona, Hall of fame player Shannon Daulton, and Scott the "Freezer" Frost. Reviews are ALL five star rating.

Order it today through paypal. trwirth369@gmail.com

Or, if you prefer, send a check to Tom Wirth 14318 Campanelli Drive Delray Beach, Florida 33484. $65.00 and shipping within the USA is on me.

Check out my you tube videos while they remain up and running. Subscribe and be updated as new videos become available.

UPDATE 4.22.18 i HAVE A NEW DVD OUT AND YOU CAN ORDER IT THE SAME WAY YOU ORDERED MY BOOK trwirth369@gmail.com. $29.00 SHIPPED WITHIN THE USA

Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The definitive book on One Pocket; One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression. Endorsed by the voice of Accu-Stats Billy Incardona, Hall of fame player Shannon Daulton, and Scott the "Freezer" Frost. Reviews are ALL five star rating.

Order it today through paypal. trwirth369@gmail.com

Or, if you prefer, send a check to Tom Wirth 14318 Campanelli Drive Delray Beach, Florida 33484. $60.00 and shipping within the USA is on me.

And check out my 60 plus you tube videos while they remain up and running. Subscribe and be updated as new videos become available.

Hey Tom, have your book and have read it a few times. It proudly takes its place with my "Winning One Pocket" and "Shots, Moves and Strategies" books.

I have also downloaded all of your shots from YouTube to my PC to later be transferred to a DVD for preservation. Thank you.
Any serious 1P player should watch these shots, they do come up now and then.

In hind sight it sure would have been something to add these shots to your book as a bonus DVD.

I hope Scott Frost never sees these shots. Efren already knows them. :)

Thanks and have a nice day.

John

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't posted on AZB about my book in quite awhile so here is just a little reminder of what is available to all of you who are interested in learning more about this great game, One Pocket.

If you don't have a copy of this book you should consider getting one. I don't know how many more orders from the printer I might make but I do have a few dozen copies still available. I'm rapidly pushing toward 1,000 sold! The book sells for $65 with free shipping within the USA
ORDERING INFORMATION:

To order the book; One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression
Paypal to trwirth369@gmail.com
Include your mailing address and the promo code "Best Book"
Thanks but, Do not use friend's and family.

To order by Check or US Postal money order
Send to:
Tom Wirth
14318 Campanelli Drive
Delray Beach, Florida

Send Inquiries to; trwirth369@gmail.com

Thank you, :smile:

Tom Wirth

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The book sells for $60 with free shipping within the USA but I will offer a promotion for you AZBers and give you a chance to order the book at the discounted rate of $50 and free shipping.
ORDERING INFORMATION:

Send to:
Tom Wirth
14318 Campanelli Drive
Delray Beach, Florida

Thank you, :smile:

Tom Wirth

Get a copy because....
It's currently the best book on the subject...if not the best it's tied for 1st.
You will improve.
It is on sale
It is a future collectable.
It's unlike any other 1Pocket book...It's all business. Learn one thing and you just improved.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I haven't posted on AZB about my book in quite awhile so here is just a little reminder of what is available to all of you who are interested in learning more about this great game, One Pocket.

If you don't have a copy of this book you should consider getting one. I don't know how many more orders from the printer I might make but I do have a few dozen copies still available. I'm rapidly pushing toward 1,000 sold! The book sells for $65 with free shipping within the USA

ORDERING INFORMATION:

Send to:
Tom Wirth
14318 Campanelli Drive
Delray Beach, Florida

Thank you,

Tom Wirth

One Pocket: A Game of Controlled Aggression.
inquiries trwirth369@gmail.com

Update....\4.22.18 You can now order my new DVD, "A Series of Shots and Situations"./B] This DVD sells for $29.00.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the people that bought Controlled Agression a few years ago.... how much has your game improved since then. Me.... I started from scratch so I keep moving up ... have a lot to learn but I’m growing ... how is your game doing?

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Got my hands on a copy of Tom's book this past fall. I'm new to 1P but this has
opened my eyes to a "Whole new World' ... The way he explains things is extremely
easy to follow. I should know as normally I can't make the connection from written
word to hands on without a show me being thrown in. Well, Tom covers the bases
even for folks like me. Only instructional book I've ever found that connects the page to
the table. Worth every cent and then some.

hank

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the people that bought Controlled Agression a few years ago.... how much has your game improved since then. Me.... I started from scratch so I keep moving up ... have a lot to learn but I’m growing ... how is your game doing?

Locally, I have to dish out spots just to get a game. I think the book contains the best 1hole lessons available. Big two thumbs up.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw Tom today. Had the pleasure of playing some with him. I should say I had the pleasure of watching him, He finds a shot and runs out. He still has books ready to ship...aside from owning... it makes a nice gift.

Last edited:

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
ATTENTION! Due to an increase in printing and mailing costs I must increase the price of my book by $5.00 bringing the purchase price to $65.00 and free US shipping.
Still a bargain

100% positive response rate. Considered by all who have read this book to be the best book on One Pocket ever! Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

Tom Wirth