this is how you play some straight rail

Grilled Cheese

p.i.i.t.h.
Silver Member
This is why that game ceased being a serious game well over 100 years ago. In the 1800's, there were players running 1,500.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This is why that game ceased being a serious game well over 100 years ago. In the 1800's, there were players running 1,500.

false,

there are yearly european championships
they have junior championships
in vietnam and korea its still pretty serious
south americans also play the game at high level

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the 1950s, they had to put 2 referees on Walter Lindrum, because he made so many, so fast , one man couldn't keep up.
I believe the record is still 200,000 in a row by Tom Reese, although they made a rule change after that, because he got the balls in the jaws of a pocket, and just kept skimming them.
Even so , 200,000 in a row of anything takes a lot of determination.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
It's been clear to me several times watching balkline, and applying to that run you mentioned

The ref some times has a hard a job as the player

All the balkline calls, plus announcing the count, playing for 3... Etc

The ref has a pretty tough job I'd say

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been clear to me several times watching balkline, and applying to that run you mentioned

The ref some times has a hard a job as the player

All the balkline calls, plus announcing the count, playing for 3... Etc

The ref has a pretty tough job I'd say

Knowing how to make some of these gathering shots might really come in handy in a one pocket match.
There is nothing more frustrating, than having balls near your pocket, and you can't make them or even protect them, cause your creepy opponent, pulls some shot to freeze you up, going the wrong way.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Knowing how to make some of these gathering shots might really come in handy in a one pocket match.
There is nothing more frustrating, than having balls near your pocket, and you can't make them or even protect them, cause your creepy opponent, pulls some shot to freeze you up, going the wrong way.

Indeed gather shots are always a good thing to know

Here's one vid with multiple
https://youtu.be/JIKvlToaTlQ

And another with a breakdown of a gather shot
With English subtitles that's super informative

https://youtu.be/IDpbkJIg3Z4