Diamond Pool Table Lights

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
We are in the process of putting together a billiards room in our retirement community. Here is my question. Will a Diamond pool table light for a 7" table work on an 8" table? If anyone has done this, how high is your light from the floor?

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are in the process of putting together a billiards room in our retirement community. Here is my question. Will a Diamond pool table light for a 7" table work on an 8" table? If anyone has done this, how high is your light from the floor?

Those old guys cannot play anyway ha ha !

I would install bottom of light with 1/8 inch aircraft cable about 4' to bottom of light box .
suspending light from aircraft cable lets you adjust the height if for some reason you do not like it there?

It is most important what is inside the light box that will determine light output
most people recommend a daylight 6500k or natural light 5k t8 tube or led retrofitted inside .
That is what I did I used the diamond box and installed LED lights inside .
There are all many styles and types of LED lights options today
I like the fixed ones not the tubes!
you will save energy less heat and last long time.
enjoy
harry

Last edited:

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
We use a Diamond 9 foot light for our 8 foot Diamond. Absolutely perfect. Minimum shadow change.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
We use a Diamond 9 foot light for our 8 foot Diamond. Absolutely perfect. Minimum shadow change.

Thanks Crash. What is the height of the lights from the floor. It says to have them at 79 inches from the floor. How high are your Diamond lights?