I'm not really a "pool guy"...It's too complicated!

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a funny TD Ameritrade commercial (link below) today. It was on Bloomberg news and I had to look it up to watch it again.

What is really interesting to me, is how true the commercial is. I believe that the message that both trading stocks and playing pool is too complicated for many people is true. People are intimidated by them because of this. But while "complicated" keeps many people away from pool, it also fascinates and intrigues many others. And this hooks many to the game. It's simply both a blessing and curse!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wzfi/td-ameritrade-green-room-too-complicated

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a funny TD Ameritrade commercial (link below) today. It was on Bloomberg news and I had to look it up to watch it again.

What is really interesting to me, is how true the commercial is. I believe that the message that both trading stocks and playing pool is too complicated for many people is true. People are intimidated by them because of this. But while "complicated" keeps many people away from pool, it also fascinates and intrigues many others. And this hooks many to the game. It's simply both a blessing and curse!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wzfi/td-ameritrade-green-room-too-complicated

Nice. I have seen that a few times too.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool isn't hard.
A law or medical degree is hard.
Chemical manufacturing is hard.
Auto repair is hard.

It does take some effort, but in the grand scope of human pursuit...it is a game.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool isn't hard.
Auto repair is hard.

It does take some effort, but in the grand scope of human pursuit...it is a game.

Just like moms meatloaf, two outta three ain't bad lol 😊

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Pool isn't hard.
Auto repair is hard.

I dont think any of the above are hard or difficult if you have been trained or practiced in the chosen field for many years. I think if you took someone and invested 8 years of full time schooling and practice into them pool would become much easier too. If a person trained 1 night a week and practiced on a person a second night during the week I dont think they would be a very good doctor. Most guys who are not mechanics can unbolt one part and replace it with another identical part sometimes, maybe without screwing it up, but I have seen as many times where they do end up in trouble, but they cant diagnose a problem child that may seem simple to me. I suppose it really boils down to how much schooling, training, and experience you have in any one of these fields.