Molinari glove leaving spots on the table

Msleight

Registered
Anyone else have this problem or have seen this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_192202150.jpg
    IMG_20180218_192202150.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 571

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Might be some kind of oil. I was messing with some kind of cooking oui, did a quick hand wash, and left marks just like those where I was racking

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's brand new I just got it last Friday

My son has a Molinari as well as the cheaper copy, don't think either of those left marks like that on the table, and we have the same color cloth that is very clean. I'll have to check with him though.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son has a Molinari as well as the cheaper copy, don't think either of those left marks like that on the table, and we have the same color cloth that is very clean. I'll have to check with him though.

Can I take it your hand sweats a lot? If so, could be the salts in the sweat releasing the dye in the glove?

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I throw mine in the wash about every other week then let it air dry. Do not put them in the dryer. that will cause them to prematurely wear out or come apart.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
It might be some of the rubber on the palm wearing off. I know after a while you'll end up with little rubber pieces on the table. I've also had the seam where the thumb meets the palm rip on me on the last 2 I've bought. Seems like QC was an issue on the batch I got.

I wash them in the kitchen sink with a little bit of plain liquid hand soap. Wring them out, squeeze them with a towel, then let them air dry. I've been doing it this way since I started using the Sir Joseph gloves years ago.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It might be some of the rubber on the palm wearing off. I know after a while you'll end up with little rubber pieces on the table. I've also had the seam where the thumb meets the palm rip on me on the last 2 I've bought. Seems like QC was an issue on the batch I got.

I wash them in the kitchen sink with a little bit of plain liquid hand soap. Wring them out, squeeze them with a towel, then let them air dry. I've been doing it this way since I started using the Sir Joseph gloves years ago.

I do the same, starting when new

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with the predator gloves for a while now. I was just looking on Seyberts and they have these new Kamui gloves that they want like 28 bucks for.

Are they worth that cost? Anybody use them.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anyone else have this problem or have seen this problem?

I don't think it is unique to the brand. I think it is a function of new gloves. Washing first might help. My new gloves (off-brand) were doing the same thing until they got washed. I'm not sure that completely eliminated it, but it seems to have lessened it anyway.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you "wash it?" Inquiring minds want to know.

I know I’m a little anal but I wash it once a week . I hand wash it with warm water and a little dishwashing lyquid. It’s amazing how blue the water turns lol it’s pretty gross actually.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with the predator gloves for a while now. I was just looking on Seyberts and they have these new Kamui gloves that they want like 28 bucks for.

Are they worth that cost? Anybody use them.

I would avoid any glove that has a mesh covering on it as I had one and the mesh started to wear out after a few months and was leaving pieces of cloth on the table.

I don't remember the name of that glove but it may have been a Kamui glove.