Most Over Priced Cue

21whiskey

Banned
I'd like to say Schon, my recent experience with McDermott won't allow me to say Schon.
Mcdermott has become a poor value for the Hard Earned Dollar.
just my opinion, no one else's.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
??????

your question cannot be answered fairly.

playability is subjective. hence so would the value one bestows on a cue.

one man's junk is another man's treasure.

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most obvious answer is Southwest but a lot of people disagree hence their backlog of orders but thats my opinion. One southy may be a great player the other could suck...but thats most cues with a few exceptions like tascarella and a few others.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
They're all over priced. Think about it... It's a stick, but we have a unique sickness. With some guys it's cars, sports collectables, garden tools, the latest technologies, or even women. We collect over priced sticks. When you walk into a pool room how much money do you have slung over your shoulder? But we love it, we can't stop, but in this community we understand each other, to us they're priceless works of art and we become artists when we use them, it makes us special somehow. So they're all over priced, but most of us would sell our soul to find the right one.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
The most obvious answer is Southwest but a lot of people disagree hence their backlog of orders but thats my opinion. One southy may be a great player the other could suck...but thats most cues with a few exceptions like tascarella and a few others.

I had a Tasc and to me it played terrible. The good thing was I bought it at a reasonable price so I didnt get hurt on it. Ironically in this case I did a trade/cash deal for a South West. Later on I sold the South West for more than I had in it.

How people can say that a cue that you can sell on the secondary market for what you pay for it is overpriced is beyond me. Just because some people don't like certain cues doesn't mean the entire market is wrong.

The cue market is in the toilet right now. Look around and see what is selling for the same price range or more as five years ago consistently and you will see what is really what. I see guys who own $20K in cues that they couldn't get get half of that out of. Those are the cues that are overpriced IMO.

Henry Wong

Registered
Curious about SW cues

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I live in Shanghai and play with mostly Taiwanese players. It seems the South West is the most sought-after and prized cue amongst the better players and collectors. I'm curious to know whether it is as highly praised or perceived by you good folks in the States?

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

you might throw blackboars on that list

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I live in Shanghai and play with mostly Taiwanese players. It seems the South West is the most sought-after and prized cue amongst the better players and collectors. I'm curious to know whether it is as highly praised or perceived by you good folks in the States?

I believe the asian market for Southwests is part of why they are holding their value..especially the ones made post-Franklin. If you look at a Southy the wormanship is relatively simple on MOST of them and their playability is inconsistent IMO. However, the good ones do play well. For me at least, they are overpriced from a playing standpoint but the buy/sell value is good. You'll never lose your money so u cant go wrong buying one cuz you'll get your money back...at least most of it, sometimes more if bought and sold properly.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people that have never had a south west sure seem to know a lot

what almost everyone who owns a southwest has found
the best consistency of any cue
they vary from cue to cue very little

the workmanship is the best,quality control is fantastic

its no accident that the cues are so sought after

funny thing
when you look for feedback on the posters who enjoy knocking,
you find a lot of 0 and 1s

i suspect they never owned any of the cues of which they speak so confidently

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Dean...ever played with two different Josey cues? Only one incident, but mine made in 2007, a friend in the same hall has one made in 2005. We swapped for a spell..both of us amazed at how alike they were in feel...

(Sorry about the hijack...I would NOT consider Josey cues overpriced.)

Last edited: