looking for a new low deflection shaft before i spend a small fortunate lol

professor1967

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a new LD shaft close to the same deflection as predator z2. I know technology has changed . I'm interested in the following shafts mezz ex pro, Revo and predator 314-3 . Your opinons are appreciated .

asamimasa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think the technology can make up for as much as the original construction design itself. Maybe the highest deflection of the 11.75-12mm, european/conical taper shafts might be in the neighborhood of the lowest deflection 12.5-12.75mm, pro taper shafts. That being said, the revo should be an exception to this because the fundamental material is different; That should be the absolute lowest in terms of deflection.

That aside, I think the preference in comfort and aiming between a pro/conical taper shaft should have more bearing on shaft selection than the deflection figure.

I play with the ~12.5mm pro taper shafts. I've been on a WD700 for the past few years and tried out a Ex Pro for a few months recently. It's similar in feel (which is about as good as it gets for a LD shaft), but I didn't get anything from the lower deflection, so I've stuck to the WD700. The 314-3 does feel a bit better than the 314-2, but you'd decide with your wallet how much feedback matters to you. The Revo does take a bit of getting used to because it feels so unlike what we're used to. Crisp, but not rich because carbon fiber dissipates vibrations so quickly, which could come off as 'plasticky' used negatively if it doesn't agree with you.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Go with the Revo & you shouldn't ha e to buy another shaft again. I believe Dr Dave said he went from z2 to Revo & they are close to similar. Obviously there will be a big difference in diameter but I'd personally recommend the 12.4mm over the 12.9mm

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go with the Revo & you shouldn't ha e to buy another shaft again. I believe Dr Dave said he went from z2 to Revo & they are close to similar. Obviously there will be a big difference in diameter but I'd personally recommend the 12.4mm over the 12.9mm

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for a new LD shaft close to the same deflection as predator z2. I know technology has changed . I'm interested in the following shafts mezz ex pro, Revo and predator 314-3 . Your opinons are appreciated .

Order a Schmelke standard maple FERRULELESS, 12.5mm or even 12.25mm and pro taper.
That's it. Simple as that, you got it. Hit with it a solid year and let me know what you think!
BTW, only use Elkmaster, LePro's, Triangles, or pooldawg8 milkduds!

selkov

Registered
I would suggest considering the Lucasi Hybrid, a available in either 12.75 or 11.75.
Lifetime warranty and more affordable. Plays quite well.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I had Bob Danielson make me a prototype of his SS 360 Gen 2, with my Tomahawk ferrule material. It may not be the lowest deflection, but it plays nicely.

Poolboss1030

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey I am selling a new predator 314-3 shaft uniloc with silver ring also comes with joint protector if you are interested. Only reason im selling it is because it came with my 8k1 cue and i have a REVO so i dont use it at all.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Order a Schmelke standard maple FERRULELESS, 12.5mm or even 12.25mm and pro taper.
That's it. Simple as that, you got it. Hit with it a solid year and let me know what you think!
BTW, only use Elkmaster, LePro's, Triangles, or pooldawg8 milkduds!

Ferruleless + soaked and pressed Triangle

MalibuMike

Banned
I like my Mezz ExPro... but have

I tired them all and I am only left with my Jacoby Hybrid and new Mezz ExPro. I liked the Tiger Pro-X as well... but I've been hearing good stuff about this Vantage Shaft? Not the black fiber deal, but there previous "We really mean it this time LD Shaft" the Vantage... I swore off Predator products since the Z2, but I'm curious about this Vantage does anybody know if it is any good? I like what it says about stiffness, but could it be any better then the Mezz ExPro?

Kats 11

Registered
I tired them all and I am only left with my Jacoby Hybrid and new Mezz ExPro. I liked the Tiger Pro-X as well... but I've been hearing good stuff about this Vantage Shaft? Not the black fiber deal, but there previous "We really mean it this time LD Shaft" the Vantage... I swore off Predator products since the Z2, but I'm curious about this Vantage does anybody know if it is any good? I like what it says about stiffness, but could it be any better then the Mezz ExPro?

Nothing could be better than an Ex pro dude :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Physiqz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have Lucasi LD shaft, 12.75mm, $220 and very happy with results. Hope that helps.

I wonder how the revo is compared to the becue.
Also Jacoby is supposed to be coming out with a new LD shaft this year i think 134 piece laminated instead of the 64 piece hybrid one right now.

Lamination only protects from warping, has nothing to do with LD. LD is low front end mass and flexablity.

Only product i know thats wooden and comparable to revo delfection is Krown Custom Cues shaft, which is non laminated slow turned cue with very low end mass. Takes about a year to make from what I understand. But he has over 1k on hand for demand.

MalibuMike

Banned
Wait! Tiger is coming out with their 1st Next Gen Shaft Ever!

Wait! Tiger is coming out with their 1st Next Gen Shaft Ever!
I have always like and trusted Tiger Products and visit them as they are close by. Unlike Predator, OB, Mezz and all the others Tiger's Low Deflection shafts have remained the same...
I just got their 1st Next Gen Shaft ever a couple months in advance,
It's their new Pro-X (Though all there shafts will have a next Gen.)
The last 6 months I have been playing only with a Mezz ExPro and I do love it!
I hit with the Next Gen, 1st in Jan, I loved the hit an that the tip went from 11.75 to 12.0 mm! But the whole taper has been revamped as well, its still conical but it stars much further back making it sleeker with an awesome stiff hit that I love! I talked Tony into selling me an advanced shaft and it is awesome! I have been playing with it a month now and I can not say enough,
I put a Zan Medium Tip on it which is what I had on my Mezz, and it has Zero Deflection! the hit is insane! I have had other compare their BD ss/360-2, Jacoby's, Mezz's or The latest Predator (we really mean it this time shaft) and nothing comes close! Its going to be a big deal when Tiger finally releases it! I think they are waiting until after some Expo, But start saving up for it Now! It should be under 260, which is over a 140 buck less then my Mezz!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not a low deflection guy, but was very impressed with the new Jacoby Ultra shaft. It had similar deflection characteristics to the BeCue and Revo but had a really good maple feel.