Cue Of A Lifetime

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I don't know about how everyone else feels but for me the chance to see, feel, and play with a cue built by maker who is arguably, and strong argument at that, the greatest in history is something I never ever forget. Couple that with a needle in a haystack chance that you'd even get an opportunity to own even a simple example and that just blows my mind. On top of THAT, stack on the slim chance that you might get to see an extremely fancy example in person, get to hold it, examine it, admire it, and even PLAY with it!! Many would just be beside themselves.

Now, what would happen if you actually got the chance to own one of those extremely rare fancy examples?:thud:Could you contain yourselves?

Ok so now what if you were able to make it happen!!!:shocked2:.. I would guess most would have a tough time putting it into words once you were through wiping the thow-up off your mouth..ICK!! LOL

So, Yeah...thats how I'm feeling :smile:.....

Gimme a day or two...Pics to follow

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had that exact same feeling when I opened up an old black hard case that was made back in the 70's. Inside that old bead up case was an original Balabushka with two original shafts. This was the cue that George built for his son George Jr.

The set reeked of billiards history and you can't help yourself to just sit in amazement taking it all in and thinking about what a historical cue sits in front of you.

The 5 veneer BEM into BEM forearm pops out first, then you notice the smooth leather wrap, then the original shafts with ivory ferrules........... Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, the owner asks you to hit a few balls with the cue. I am still looking for the shoes I was wearing that night...lol

I have had the good fortune to have been able to examine a few Balabushkas, Szambottis, and even the Flying Lady cue.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Glenn Collection owns the cue Willie ran 526 balls with
documented

He also has many many other famous players cues and famous cue makers personal cue

The museum is not actually opened yet but the greatest memorabilia,cues and personal letters etc is ready

He even has some special things that I used to have,not that I was a very good player

but I came across a bunch of neat stuff

The last Balabushka,the last szamboti out of the shop

some of the last really fancy south west cues and other groovy stuff

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
The Glenn Collection owns the cue Willie ran 526 balls with
documented

He also has many many other famous players cues and famous cue makers personal cue

The museum is not actually opened yet but the greatest memorabilia,cues and personal letters etc is ready

He even has some special things that I used to have,not that I was a very good player

but I came across a bunch of neat stuff

The last Balabushka,the last szamboti out of the shop

some of the last really fancy south west cues and other groovy stuff
Hopefully one day.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Gus Szamboti!

Gus Szamboti

One of Gus's fanciest 4 pointers with the original Python Fellini it was shipped with. :yeah:

Fresh back from Barry.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,215

SC02GTP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are one lucky guy! I have one question, when can I hit a few with that monster?,,lol

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Propellers and box bells! A beautiful and unique example of the greatest.

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amazing!

Beautiful cue, Tim! I love that case too..fantastic stuff!

Thanks for sharing!