No Jump Cues, U.S Wins

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
IMO the U.S top pros could beat any counrty in the world except Efern country if jump cues are not allowed. Most of the best players from around the world just have great pocketing skills, but can't get out of safes W/O the jump cue. Johnnyt

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO the U.S top pros could beat any counrty in the world except Efern country if jump cues are not allowed. Most of the best players from around the world just have great pocketing skills, but can't get out of safes W/O the jump cue. Johnnyt

Shouldn't the title be Philippines wins then? :rolleyes:
Also I think you left Taiwan out :D

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
imo the u.s top pros could beat any counrty in the world except efern country if jump cues are not allowed. Most of the best players from around the world just have great pocketing skills, but can't get out of safes w/o the jump cue. Johnnyt

jt ,
PessimistVsOptimist.jpg

djyadj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taiwan is in with the jump crowd, as is China. Johnnyt

TW jumps great, but don't underestimate their kick games :wink:
Though they don't play banks or 1p, they have some carom like game ;)
Oh and don't put China along with em, it's not on the same level :p

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's not make excuses. Everyone jumps everyone plays safe. Like ea Sports its in the game

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Nope. Discipline is what keeps the US from fielding major contenders. Our players don't practice hard enough to bring it against a full field of KILLERS. They are used to getting softballs for most tournaments they play in until the final matches and then they have to step it up. Of course any US pro can beat any pro from elsewhere in any given set but they don't have what it takes to beat ten of them in a row anymore.

Jump cues are part of the game and if the pros elsewhere use them better then that's because they practiced with them enough to be better. These players can certainly kick as well or better than their US counterparts though IMO.

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
When I had my holiday in Manila about 20 or so years ago, I was playing pool in one street in Manila and I was about to jump the cue ball when one of the the guy said, "NO! No Jumping! Damage the cloth!". So I believe that was the reason that they are so good at kicking as jumping is prohibited by the pool owners, they don't want to accidentally damage the cloth.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
When I had my holiday in Manila about 20 or so years ago, I was playing pool in one street in Manila and I was about to jump the cue ball when one of the the guy said, "NO! No Jumping! Damage the cloth!". So I believe that was the reason that they are so good at kicking as jumping is prohibited by the pool owners, they don't want to accidentally damage the cloth.

They kick great. Johnnyt

meister2u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jump cues aint the problem....most time USA defeats self by sloppy play and like previous mention...cue ball control.....they need more confidence...World Cup was a debacle..:thumbup::thumbup::wink:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen a lot of excuses made for US players, but this has to be about the worst one yet.

Other countries kick just fine. The reason they jump is because it gives them a greater chance to actually make the ball.

But if jump cues really are such a problem, then maybe our players need to learn to play more lock up safeties. Just a thought.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

The US team cannot win anymore because of the US Post Office and McDonalds. If you can understand this, then you can understand that it has nothing to do with jump cues, LD shafts, Simonis cloth.

We're not a 3rd world country and we don't have programs for Billiard Education or billiard team play at the elementary (grade school) level. Our professionals don't *need* to play to eat. And there is no Pee Wee League of pool.

We no longer have depression-era professionals teaching the next generation, which was the best generation for US pool. But, there's no more hunger, and the legends of that hungry past are no longer around to show what it meant to sink or swim, lose and starve.

Jump cues the reason? Goodness, that'd be a nice fantasy.

Freddie <~~~ lucky to have the Post Office
Freddie

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only way the USA beats Asia or Europe is if the other side has to play without ANY CUES. Jump or normal. In other parts of the world pool is considered a sport and great effort is expended in becoming great at this sport. It is often in may countries government supported and played in private clubs devoted to the sport. In the USA pool is a game played in bars on 7ft tables to kill time between drinks.

Last edited: