Strategy for league

sprben83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May be a stupid question but bare wit me. Say u win the coin flip, you're playing in league, do u put up first or ask the opposing team to first? Is there some kind of strategy to this?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May be a stupid question but bare wit me. Say u win the coin flip, you're playing in league, do u put up first or ask the opposing team to first? Is there some kind of strategy to this?

Depends on how many players there are. Usually you have them put up first.

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should always want to win the toss and to put-up first. If you put-up first, you will control the 4th and 5th match and therefore have a better chance control the match.
Only my opinion>>>

midstroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Letting them throw first gives you the opportunity to throw over them 1,3,5 match. Meaning they throw a 3 u throw a 4 etc.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should always want to win the toss and to put-up first. If you put-up first, you will control the 4th and 5th match and therefore have a better chance control the match.
Only my opinion>>>

agree always well just about always I like first because most of time they call 4th you control 4th and 5th match call

Last edited:

firetrain

Registered
put up first!

Yes, put up first unless so you can control who plays who in the 4th AND 5th match... if you only need to win one, you play your stronger player on the weaker one. Need to win both, then you match up best you can.
Also, if you have a great high end and want to make sure they get the other teams top player, you can put up a low end on each of your turns, and unless they play their high on one of them, your top player will get their top player.

If your team or the other team doesn't have many options of what to play (lots of people with the same handicap), then let them put up first as control of the last two won't mean as much.

King Jehu

Registered
In a typical 5-match night, each team has their 5 players present and most of the players know each other. If that's the case, put up first if you have the option. You will control the match-up in the 2nd and 4th matches directly and the 5th match because you know who their 5th player will be. If the opposing team has more than 5 players present, that doesn't work as well. When you put up your final player in the 5th match, they'll still have a choice.

Pelican1989

Registered
In a typical 5-match night, each team has their 5 players present and most of the players know each other. If that's the case, put up first if you have the option. You will control the match-up in the 2nd and 4th matches directly and the 5th match because you know who their 5th player will be. If the opposing team has more than 5 players present, that doesn't work as well. When you put up your final player in the 5th match, they'll still have a choice.

Not if handicap limits are present, if they have used 20 pts but only have a 3446 left, you KNOW they will be playing the 3