What is your PSR?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe you are referring about some shot that is or isnt a half ball hit. With CTE we never worry about angle measurements. I could care less if it's half ball, 18 degree or anything else.I just pick up my visual.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it. The only reason I even mentioned this particular shot is because Stan publicly proposed a huge bet to anyone that can video him making any stroke adjustments to make CTE work. I immediately thought of the already recorded video footage showing more than one shot where a last second stroke adjustment makes the ball. It doesn't mean this is needed to make CTE work. But as far as the bet goes it shows exactly what Stan was betting against.

The only reason I mentioned 1/2 ball hit is because that's what he uses as a reference to double-check/compare the pivot to CCB.

I'm not taking the bet, so I really don't want to stir up anymore unneeded controversy concerning Stan and his videos or his stroke or whatever. I should never have replied to the wager post because it did not pertain to the op's PSR thread or add anything constructive to the forum. That's when things tend to blow up quickly here, and I apologise for taking part in it.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was not referring to that video, but a different one.

Yes and I wasn't asserting you were, nor my beef with hollowed out shafts or "low mass" rather than "low deflection". I was just blowing off some steam because I don't mind low mass, but I got a big problem with hollow shafts. But in reference to you and outside spin "cutting", I know for a fact that is wrong and not always the case.

In the case of right handers, outside English when shooting to the right, acts as a cutter because it's often in a shot relationship where its hard to maintain or think one is actually shooting or stroking out to the actual right. The stick in many cases is coming inward but it's so subtle, that the shooter isn't aware of it and because of the visual angle, many times the swerve is not visible.

It's also due to a downward pitch in conjunction etc etc, there's many reasons and it's subtle enough to make one think outside cuts shots easier. If a player gets on the end rail and stretches out with a long straight bridge arm and aims thick to compensate for outside spin, the shot misses thick most of the time. There's reasons for that and I'll just leave it right there. I don't even know if CTE center cueball aim will produce a pocketed outcome in that situation without some knowledge of stroke and or visual alignment compensation but maybe Stan would like to elaborate on that. Not that i am questioning his validities of CTE, I understand points that Dan makes but there's situational positions on the table where just a aiming system alone WILL NOT GET IT DONE and im also NOT saying Stan ever said it would.

Stan does make brief mention about these dilemmas but what I'm saying is there is never enough talk about it when I believe it constitutes 30% of overall misses for most players in general. The better players obviously or must have a adjustment or awareness of it or for it, thus their higher consistency.

Or they are just freaking blessed and I have enough evidence to suggest they aren't and we are all in the same boat but I imagine, just like anything else, there are FREAKS out there who don't have the problems to the standard mean average.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes and I wasn't asserting you were, nor my beef with hollowed out shafts or "low mass" rather than "low deflection". I was just blowing off some steam because I don't mind low mass, but I got a big problem with hollow shafts. But in reference to you and outside spin "cutting", I know for a fact that is wrong and not always the case.

In the case of right handers, outside English when shooting to the right, acts as a cutter because it's often in a shot relationship where its hard to maintain or think one is actually shooting or stroking out to the actual right. The stick in many cases is coming inward but it's so subtle, that the shooter isn't aware of it and because of the visual angle, many times the swerve is not visible.

It's also due to a downward pitch in conjunction etc etc, there's many reasons and it's subtle enough to make one think outside cuts shots easier. If a player gets on the end rail and stretches out with a long straight bridge arm and aims thick to compensate for outside spin, the shot misses thick most of the time. There's reasons for that and I'll just leave it right there. I don't even know if CTE center cueball aim will produce a pocketed outcome in that situation without some knowledge of stroke and or visual alignment compensation but maybe Stan would like to elaborate on that. Not that i am questioning his validities of CTE, I understand points that Dan makes but there's situational positions on the table where just a aiming system alone WILL NOT GET IT DONE and im also NOT saying Stan ever said it would.

Stan does make brief mention about these dilemmas but what I'm saying is there is never enough talk about it when I believe it constitutes 30% of overall misses for most players in general. The better players obviously or must have a adjustment or awareness of it or for it, thus their higher consistency.

Or they are just freaking blessed and I have enough evidence to suggest they aren't and we are all in the same boat but I imagine, just like anything else, there are FREAKS out there who don't have the problems to the standard mean average.

A couple of things:

You don't CTE, so you don't know whether CTE can handle your situational distresses or not.
Post the pictures for a few of these mysterious shots that a require a special something.
I may reply by explanation or by video or both.

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of things:

You don't CTE, so you don't know whether CTE can handle your situational distresses or not.
Post the pictures for a few of these mysterious shots that a require a special something.
I may reply by explanation or by video or both.

Stan Shuffett

OK, so one thing I'm curious about: you almost always say, when someone criticizes your system, or has a problem with it, or just disagrees with any part of it, you consistently say, "You don't know CTE."

After I played JB -- who was one of your most vociferous supporters for many, many years -- and the video and stills came out -- you threw him under the bus and said he didn't really know CTE. Of others you have said they have their own versions but don't really know your system.

So my question is: with your two DVDs out there, and all your youtube videos, and all the personal instruction you've done: who are the average, everyday Joe players that do know your system and use it successfully?

Whose youtube videos can we watch and see your system working? You always claim there are hundreds, thousands of players out there, successfully deploying Pro1 and it's going to take over the world.

List a few or a bunch.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, so one thing I'm curious about: you almost always say, when someone criticizes your system, or has a problem with it, or just disagrees with any part of it, you consistently say, "You don't know CTE."

After I played JB -- who was one of your most vociferous supporters for many, many years -- and the video and stills came out -- you threw him under the bus and said he didn't really know CTE. Of others you have said they have their own versions but don't really know your system.

So my question is: with your two DVDs out there, and all your youtube videos, and all the personal instruction you've done: who are the average, everyday Joe players that do know your system and use it successfully?

Whose youtube videos can we watch and see your system working? You always claim there are hundreds, thousands of players out there, successfully deploying Pro1 and it's going to take over the world.

List a few or a bunch.

Lou Figueroa

Paultex has sent me 30 plus emails, many proclaiming that I don't know your CTE, don't use your CTE and please do NOT tell me about your CTE. Why? Cause he said he must figure it out on his own. I speak the truth, Lou. I'm not just on here blowing hot air. Take a leap at a donut, Buddy!

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Paultex has sent me 30 plus emails, many proclaiming that I don't know your CTE, don't use your CTE and please do NOT tell me about your CTE. Why? Cause he said he must figure it out on his own. I speak the truth, Lou. I'm not just on here blowing hot air. Take a leap at a donut, Buddy!

Stan Shuffett

My questions to you have little to do with Paultex.

I ask again: you almost always say, when someone criticizes your system, or has a problem with it, or just disagrees with any part of it, you consistently say, "You don't know CTE."

List a few or a bunch.

Lou Figueroa
oh, and I don't
like donuts

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My questions to you have little to do with Paultex.

I ask again: you almost always say, when someone criticizes your system, or has a problem with it, or just disagrees with any part of it, you consistently say, "You don't know CTE."

List a few or a bunch.

Lou Figueroa
oh, and I don't
like donuts

You know better about the JB match. You brought up the same crap before and I honestly detailed out all of the pertinent info concerning CTE PRO ONE related to that event. I was brutally honest and here you are with your sorry ass bringing it up again. Why in the hell would I want to explain anything to you again? John jumped in and we talked about it and he does not in any way deny my version or have conflict with my story at all. You see, dealing with you, the truth does not matter........YOU don't deserve any more info from me. All of your concerns have been listed here before and you just continue with your sick tyrade of trying discredit my work with CTE. I am tired of your crap and have been for a time.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know better about the JB match. You brought up the same crap before and I honestly detailed out all of the pertinent info concerning CTE PRO ONE related to that event. I was brutally honest and here you are with your sorry ass bringing it up again. Why in the hell would I want to explain anything to you again? John jumped in and we talked about it and he does not in any way deny my version or have conflict with my story at all. You see, dealing with you, the truth does not matter........YOU don't deserve any more info from me. All of your concerns have been listed here before and you just continue with your sick tyrade of trying discredit my work with CTE. I am tired of your crap and have been for a time.

Stan Shuffett

Where are the legions of players successfully using your system?

Players, unlike John who has supported you for years, whom you won't disavow? BTW, John, even had a supportive link in his signature block but you've thrown him under the bus anyway.

You have often said that you have sold dozens, hundreds (I don't know, do you claim thousands?) of copies of your two DVDs and that Pro1 is being used successfully by players around the world.

So where are all the videos?

Where are the video examples of average players who have bought your system and are using it and whom you won't throw under the bus?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are the legions of players successfully using your system?

Players, unlike John who has supported you for years, whom you won't disavow? BTW, John, even had a supportive link in his signature block but you've thrown him under the bus anyway.

You have often said that you have sold dozens, hundreds (I don't know, do you claim thousands?) of copies of your two DVDs and that Pro1 is being used successfully by players around the world.

So where are all the videos?

Where are the video examples of average players who have bought your system and are using it and whom you won't throw under the bus?

Lou Figueroa

I just posted a very strong list of titles a few posts ago. Chew on that for a time!

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just posted a very strong list of titles a few posts ago. Chew on that for a time!

Stan Shuffett

I just perused your last 50 posts. Nada.

With all the DVDs, YouTube videos, and personal instruction you've given where are the videos of average players using your system?

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the DVDs, YouTube videos, and personal instruction you've given where are the videos of average players using your system?

Lou Figueroa

Show me the result of your efforts to destroy the efficacy of CTE. I have sold 1000s of videos and have given hundreds of lessons.
I have received 100s of positive comments by way text and email.
I have a 3/4 million hits on YouTube.
There are players all over the world learning CTE and its growing and YOU can't do a fricken thing about it.
Your PR campaign has failed miserably. CTE is stronger than ever!
I will be ordering 1000s of CTE books which is additional proof that your tyrade is stuck in the mud. You're a dam zero in your efforts of tearing my work down.

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Show me the result of your efforts to destroy the efficacy of CTE. I have sold 1000s of videos and have given hundreds of lessons.
I have received 100s of positive comments by way text and email.
I have a 3/4 million hits on YouTube.
There are players all over the world learning CTE and its growing and YOU can't do a fricken thing about it.
Your PR campaign has failed miserably. CTE is stronger than ever!
I will be ordering 1000s of CTE books which is additional proof that your tyrade is stuck in the mud. You're a dam zero in your efforts of tearing my work down.

Stan Shuffett

Sooooo, where are the videos of all these players who have made positive comments and are using your system? I mean, you claim they're all over the world. Thousands. Where are their videos?

How about just 10 of them?

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just perused your last 50 posts. Nada.

Lou Figueroa

It's there in response to denwhit.....no more than a few days ago.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sooooo, where are the videos of all these players who have made positive comments and are using your system? I mean, you claim they're all over the world. Thousands. Where are their videos?

How about just 10 of them?

Lou Figueroa

Why does there have to be videos. You have played for decades. Show me one stinkin video that you have done for the purpose of touting your aiming.

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does there have to be videos. You have played for decades. Show me one stinkin video that you have done for the purpose of touting your aiming.

Stan Shuffett

Me using my "feel" system to aim:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNPz_CEszE

Video is the coin of the realm nowadays. No video, never happened. Certainly with your thousands of devotees you could come up with 10 measly examples of average players successfully using Pro1, no?

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't see a list of videos of average players using your system. Sorry.

Lou Figueroa

I don't keep a running list of players that are CTE users. All I know is that the list is growing and as my knowledge has become complete the list will surely grow exponentially once my free video series is released.......along with the book.
One of my missions has been to stick CTE right up your ass.......And don't think it ain't happening.......

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't keep a running list of players that are CTE users. All I know is that the list is growing and as my knowledge has become complete the list will surely grow exponentially once my free video series is released.......along with the book.
One of my missions has been to stick CTE right up your ass.......And don't think it ain't happening.......

Stan Shuffett

So I guess that means that with all the thousands of guys you claim to be using Pro1 there aren't 10... (5?) examples you can point to of average players using your system on video.

It makes your claims highly dubious, to say the least.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I guess that means that with all the thousands of guys you claim to be using Pro1 there aren't 10... (5?) examples you can point to of average players using your system on video.

It makes your claims highly dubious, to say the least.

Lou Figueroa

There's a significant number players that use CTE that don't bother to engage in the controversy and I really don't want to drag them in.
Coming up with 10 players that are average that use my system is a joke.
This is typical spin shit.....

Stan Shuffett

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a significant number players that use CTE that don't bother to engage in the controversy and I really don't want to drag them in.
Coming up with 10 players that are average that use my system is a joke.
This is typical spin shit.....

Stan Shuffett

You're right, it is a joke. 10 players using Pro1 on video should be easy-peasy. Thousands using it, right?! Not like I was suggesting 20 or 30 players, goodness gracious me.

How about just 5 average players using Pro1 on video?

Lou Figueroa