Kvinbrwr R.I.P.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for the outpouring for Kevin, he was clearly loved and will be widely missed.

As Chris posted above, there was a gathering celebrating Kevin's life on Sunday and it was a very special time for all in attendance.

I put together a video of images from Kevin's computer, my computer and scans of some printed images, set to a few songs Kevin was fond of. For any that would like to see it, it can be downloaded HERE.

Thanks again, be well.

Joe
Sad but sweet....heartbreaking but uplifting.
We mortals have a life to live as best as we can...
Kevin lived his life well

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
we will be raising a glass w/ yáll, in 20mins....

Dawn, Joe, Chris, et al: here are a few PMs that i've received from other special AZers, so that we, who are not there, are with yáll tonight:

- Allow the love of others to lift you in this time of grief.

The news brings much sadness and is never easy. Allow yourself time to grieve, tears can heal the soul, may you find comfort in loving memories.

There are many AZers that have met him and made great friends like we've known each other our whole lives, talked and text table talk and life in general.

You have many lines open to you as the same you've always done for us. A listening ear and a kind voice is just a phone call away.

- you'll have so much to catch up on when you meet again.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc-yHSfwLNo (song)

Cheers Kitty!

PL <---- on Balboa's pier, drinking of you. (but if those gloves could talk!)
:ignore:

-

Very nicely said, I enjoyed his posts here. He will be missed.

Rob.M

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone for the outpouring for Kevin, he was clearly loved and will be widely missed.

As Chris posted above, there was a gathering celebrating Kevin's life on Sunday and it was a very special time for all in attendance.

I put together a video of images from Kevin's computer, my computer and scans of some printed images, set to a few songs Kevin was fond of. For any that would like to see it, it can be downloaded HERE.

Thanks again, be well.

Joe
That was nice.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad news

I haven't been on the Main Forum very much at all lately. I checked it out a couple of hours ago and noticed the 'Sticky' about Kevin for the first time. It's been about a month since we all lost one of the greatest AZBers this forum will ever know, but it's new news to me and I was just floored to hear of Kevin's passing.

One thing that helped me the last couple of hours is that I read the entire thread before posting. I read lots of wonderful comments about a man that we all thought a lot of around here. I exchanged a couple of PM's with Kevin last year and have always read his posts and even though that is the only way we knew each other, getting this news, I still felt like I lost a close, personal friend. I'm sorry that I never got to meet Kevin in person, I missed out on a true blessing there. Those photos were great, they allowed us all to see the man with that great personality and wit we all enjoyed while reading his posts and insight.

My condolences go out to Dawn, the rest of the family, the close friends, and the rest of the AZB community. Kevin was a great guy and a wonderful person and I'm most certainly going to miss him.

Rest In Peace Kevin, Jerry Grooms

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CSI hubub

Somehow I think Kevin would have posted something to one or more of the too many threads...to bring the boil down to a simmer at least.

He may have offered sage advice to put things in perspective.

Or he may have made an outrageously funny and unrelated comment to get posters to get a grip and lighten up.

Likely some face palms taking place up yonder.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of my favorites, the wisdom of Dad:
My Dad, later in life became concerned about my constant pot use, coupled with the fact that all I seemed to want to accomplish was play pool and chase hippie chicks. So he asked me what was so good about pot, and I said, it makes boring stuff seem interesting, and he asked me, "wouldn't it just be easier to stop doing boring things?'

Stopped me in my tracks (of course at the time, I had to go off, smoke a joint, and ponder that).

Thanks again

Kevin

boyraks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just sent him a pm this morning asking if he has any ginas for sale for I know he loves them and owns a lot. I was shocked to know that I will never be answered. Rest in peace Kevein

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I am still with a very heavy heart over Kevin's sudden passing.
What a wonderful soul. One of a kind, in the best possible way.
I miss him and will not forget him.

Will Prout

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
so sad...

there are so many that have said their few word here, some so profound and some so urbane and others so vividly futile.

once upon a time i posted here, but gave up. the utterly futile gave me pause and i decided to limit my exposure to them.

kevin to me was a ray of light... always...

i am so sri he had different plans.

i will miss him...
rip
all the best,
smokey

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was working a deal to acquire a TAD through Kevin back in June 2014 (still have the PM he sent) just before he passed. He was very helpful and would do his best to help anyone that needed his assistance. I recently acquired a beautiful one through another member of the forum. It's difficult not to think about Kevin whenever I pick up a Tad Kohara Cue and smile.

Hard to believe he is not with us...he will be missed.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I haven't been posting much lately and just saw this thread. I'm stunned and saddened at this news of his passing.

Kevin was not just a beloved member of an online pool forum. He was also a genuine and decent person. Whenever I walked into a room and saw him it would put an instant smile on my face because I knew there would be good conversation about pool and other matters, and a lot of laughs.

My heart goes out to his family. He will be missed.