U.S. Open Player List Growing Daily!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Having a players meeting that makes any player have to pay for an extra is wrong in my book. I never could see why flyers with all the rules on them just can't be handed out a few hours after the players start to play. Half of them have to ask about the rules during matches anyhow, even though they went to the meeting. Johnnyt

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having a players meeting that makes any player have to pay for an extra is wrong in my book. I never could see why flyers with all the rules on them just can't be handed out a few hours after the players start to play. Half of them have to ask about the rules during matches anyhow, even though they went to the meeting. Johnnyt

The players meetings were kind of fun, though. Everybody would gather together in the room, find a table, and begin practicing. Also, it was kind of cool to see everybody, after you haven't seen them in a while, all under one roof. Kind of like a pool reunion.

But, yes, incurring that extra day of expense sucks. :D

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The players meetings were kind of fun, though. Everybody would gather together in the room, find a table, and begin practicing. Also, it was kind of cool to see everybody, after you haven't seen them in a while, all under one roof. Kind of like a pool reunion.

But, yes, incurring that extra day of expense sucks. :D

I understand about the getting together with players that haven't been together for awhile, but hotels and food were costly when you and Keith use to go to tournaments. You probably can add 40% more to that in 2014. Johnnyt

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand about the getting together with players that haven't been together for awhile, but hotels and food were costly when you and Keith use to go to tournaments. You probably can add 40% more to that in 2014. Johnnyt

your knowledge of these things is mind blowing

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe Roberta will chime in later today when she sees this thread.

I read on the website that all entry fees paid *after* October 5th will have a $50 additional fee in addition to the $750 entry fee. So, if anybody is holding out, they should get their monies in pronto. :)

Here is the info ---> HERE.

Interestingly, the players meeting is now *not* mandatory. That saves a day of expense on the lodging. That is good news for some. New players, those who have never competed in the Open, I think the players meeting would be a good idea to attend, but once you've been there, it may not be as imperative as far as attendance goes.

The history is interesting in that the last 6 years, there have been repeats. Mika wins 2 years in a row, 2008 and 2009; Darren wins 2 years in a row, 2010 and 2011; and Shane wins 2 years in a row, 2012 and 2013. Read more about it ---> HERE.

Meanwhile, look at Earl's wins: '84, '87, '93, '97, and 2000. Quite a spread there from 1984 to 2000. I hope he competes this year. He's always a fan favorite to watch. :cool:

Well, it's 2 weeks until show time, October 13 through 19th, 2014. :cool:

It's in your neighborhood so why don't you come for a few days and bring your little friend with you! :smile:

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Latest Player List

Here's the list as of right now:

1. Shane Van Boening - USA
2. Earl Strickland - USA
3. Efren Reyes - Philippines
4. Johnny Archer - USA
5. Francisco Bustamante - Philipines
6. Mika Immonen - Finland
7. Darren Appleton - England
8. Jose Parica - Philippines
9. Dennis Orcullo - Philippines
10. Waleed Alars - Qatar
11. Rodney Morris – USA
12. Raj Hundal - India
13. Edmundo Ambross - USA
14. Niels Feijen – Netherlands
15. Thorsten Hohmann - Germany
16. Matt Krah – USA
17. Nikos Economopoulos - Greece
18. Stephen Fleming - USA
19. Denis Grabe - Estonia
20. Frankie Hernandez - USA
21. Suad Kantarevic USA
22. Alex Kazakis - Greece
23. Tommy Kennedy - USA
24. Stevie Moore - USA
25. Jerome Rockwell - USA
26. Randy Russell - Canada
27. Joe Scarborough - USA
28. John Schmidt - USA
29. Justin Bergman - USA
30. Corey Deuel - USA
31. Brandon Shuff - USA
32. Justin Hall - USA
33. Oscar Dominguez - USA
34. Jeremey Sossei - USA
35. Kenichi Uchigaki - Japan
36. Ralf Souquet - Germany
37. Warren Kiamco - Philippines
38. Do Hoang Quan - Vietnam
39. Le Quang Trun - Vietman
40. Chris Futrell - USA
41. Nikos Malaj - Greece
42. Chris Cantrall - USA
43. Paul Poiter - Canada
44. Amai Rota - Qatar
45. Hanni Alhowri - UAE
46. Matt Haines - USA
47. Brett Stottlemyer - USA
48. Kevin West - USA
49. Majid Alzaabi - UAE
50. Daryl Peach - England
51. Tony Drago - Malta
52. Marc Claramunt - Spain
53. Dana Aft - USA
54. Brian Parks - USA
55. Tom Skinner - USA
56. Donny Mills - USA
57. Mike Davis - USA
58. Mohammed Obaid Mohammed Khamis - UAE
59. Karl Boyes - England
60. Maceo Butts – Virgin Islands
61. Nick Van Den Berg - Netherlands
62. John Cook – USA
63. Pay or Play Tournaments Qualifier Winner
64. Tom D’Alfonso – USA
65. BR Tatum – USA
66. Larry Phlegar – USA
67. Corner Pocket Billiards N Café Qualifier Winner Dan Maddien– USA
68. Skyler Woodward – USA
69. Albin Ouschan – Austria
70. Mario He – Austria
71. Reinaldo Dendariarena – Puerto Rico
72. Jeremy Jones – USA
73. Jorge Rodriguez – USA
74. Mike Dechaine – USA
75. Ali Almarri – Qatar
76. Q-Master Billiards Qualifier Winner
77. Q-Master Billiards Qualifier Winner
78. John Moody – USA
79. Chris Bruner – USA
80. Randy Labonte – USA
81. David Hennessy – USA
82. Brad Shearer – USA
83. Jayson Shaw – Scotland
84. Christopher Pyle – USA
85. Travis McKinney – USA
86. Danny Mastermaker – USA
87. Joey Arbuckle – USA
88. Aaron Remijio – USA
89. Rodrigo Geronimo - USA
90. Michael Ricciardella – USA
91. Luke Sutliffe – USA
92. Scott Smith - USA

Also, here's info about the challenge matches!

Tickets for the 4 nights of challenge matches prior to the Open will be on sale Monday 10/6/14. You can call me between the hours of 9:30 am - 5:30 pm at 757- 963-7649. The prices are as follows:

Thurs. - $20.00
Fri. - $25.00
Sat. - $25.00
Sun. - $25.00

Special price, if you buy all 4 nights you will pay $80.00; a savings of $15.00.

At Q-Master Billiards in the Tournament Room:

Thursday October 9th - 7:00 PM Efren Reyes & Francisco Bustamante v/s Chris Futrell & Eric Moore Race to 15 10-Ball

Friday October 10th - 7:00 PM Efren Reyes v/s Earl Strickland in a race to 15 9-Ball - $1000 prize.

Saturday October 11th - 7:00 PM A ring game featuring the past 3 back to back U.S. Open champions; Mika Immonen, Darren "Dynamite" Appleton, & Shane Van Boening playing 10-Ball. $1000 prize.

Sunday October 12th - 7:00 PM Scotch doubles Efren Reyes & Niels Feijen v/s Mika Immonen & Jose Parica 10-Ball, $1000 prize.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Roberta, hope the entries keep rolling in.
Doesn't the entry go up by $50 after Oct. 5th :thumbup:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will Carlo Biado and Lee Van Corteza be participating in the US Open? What about Jeffrey Ignacio? I remember reading that he was able to get a US visa.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Will Carlo Biado and Lee Van Corteza be participating in the US Open? What about Jeffrey Ignacio? I remember reading that he was able to get a US visa.

I don't think Carlo will make it but Lee Vann and Jeffrey should be there.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good news! China Open finalist and Pacquiao 10-ball doubles winner, Jeffrey Ignacio, just got approved this week for a US visa. They are already arranging his application for the US Open. I hope he makes it big in his trip to the US.

This is going to be very interesting. I've watched him on youtube and he can flat out play.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay if you know, what cue ball will they be using on the outer tables, and will the cue ball be the same on the TV table ?

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is going to be very interesting. I've watched him on youtube and he can flat out play.

It might be Jeffrey Ignacio's turn to make a name in the US. First it was Marlon Manalo and then Carlo Biado. When Efren was interviewed before his TAR match with SVB, he was asked who he considers 'the next big thing' in Philippine pool and I remember him metioning Jeff Ignacio's name.