Pool Hall recommendations, Romulus Michigan

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
I'll be in Romulus Michigan all next week and I'm hoping to find a nice place to bang some balls around a couple of my evenings. Maybe even in tourney if one is available.
Anyone have any recommendations?

I'll be in Romulus Michigan all next week and I'm hoping to find a nice place to bang some balls around a couple of my evenings. Maybe even in tourney if one is available.
Anyone have any recommendations?

The Rack (the old Eddie's Rack & Cue) comes to mind: http://www.yellowpages.com/livonia-mi/mip/the-rack-14244293

Also, Snookers in Livonia: https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=snookers+livonia

Both places are within 15-20 minutes from Romulus.

Snookers has a bar and food. The Rack does not have a bar but it may have food.

ONB

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
You gotta come down past the Mason-Dixon Line sometime.

I don't play good enough to drive 30 miles for a game let alone 1000 :D
This is a work related trip and my evenings are going to be pretty wide open.....might as well see what a pool hall looks like outside the Twin Cities.

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
Posted by Ali Seattle on the Michigan Pool Players group on Facebook...

Three weekly tournaments!!
Tuesday weekly Open 9-ball tournament at Snookers Eastpointe on Kelly between 8 and 9 Mi rds. DE, 5/4 race, Texas Express. Winner breaks, rack your own, back two corners don't count. Tables open for practice at 6p. Signup at 7, starts at 730p. $20 entry, money added. Please call ahead if you are not going to arrive by 715p.
Snookers Pool & Pub 21901 Kelly Rd. Eastpointe, MI (586)772-4990
-------------
Wednesday weekly no "A" player tournament at Snookers Eastpointe on Kelly between 8 and 9 Mi rds. Hosted by Scott Harriger. Rotates 8/9 ball. 9-ball this week Weds Sep 24. Signup at 7, starts at 730p, $7 Ladies/$13 men. Tables open for practice at 6p. Please call ahead if you are not going to arrive by 715p.
Snookers Pool & Pub 21901 Kelly Rd. Eastpointe, MI (586)772-4990
-------------
Thursday weekly open 9ball tournament at Hall of Fame Billiards in Warren, NW corner of 13 Mile and Mound Rds. Run by John Binion. DE, 5/4 race, Texas Express. Winner breaks, rack your own, back two corners don't count. Signup at 7, starts at 730p, $20 entry. Please call ahead if you are not going to arrive by 715p.
Hall of Fame Billiards 5775 W 13 Mile Warren MI (586) 264-2881

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ball N Cue in Lincoln Park on Fort Street. (Diamond BB and older Diamond 9 ft)
Rack in Livonia on Joy Road. (Older Gold Crowns)
Plush Pockets recently re-opened in Warren on Dequindre Road. (Globals I think)
Hall of Fame Billiards in Warren at 13 Mile Road and Mound Road. (GC4s, 2 Diamond BB, 2 Diamond Pro-Ams)
The two Snookers, one in Livonia off I-96 and the other in Eastpoint on Kelly Road. (Wide open caverns for pockets)

As far as games other than tournaments:
Sketchy at Ball n Cue but sometimes you could find any of them from golf, 9 ball, 8 ball and one-pocket,
Rack you should find pretty reliable one-pocket
Plush Pockets it'd be doubtful to find any games for any money
Snookers I can't imagine it being easy to find any type of money game. I don't think any of the local players really hang out there other than for the tournaments.
Hall of Fame has a pretty good selection of one-pocket play all over the skill spectrum, spotty 9 ball, sometimes bank games.

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
Thanks to Charlie D for bringing me to a local hall and playing me about 3 1/2 hours of 8 ball.
Good times and a good man :)

Charlie D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was nice shooting with you ,I enjoyed it. Next time you're in town we can do it again. Charlie D

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Charley D is a nice guy, played in a one pocket league with him when I lived up in Plymouth MI, I miss Michigan in the summer, tom