Free At Last!!! Retired to do what I want to!!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Today was my last day at work, now I'm on vacation and taking overtime off until 11-1-14 when I am officially retired. It doesn't feel any different today but I imagine I will be able to get used to it.......Free at Last!

Whoo Hoo!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It

It will hit you when you are up late one night enjoying yourself and you realize you do not have to get up at a specific time, a great feeling. Congratulations !

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations - I'll be doing the same thing in February. Working out Medicare supplement insurance issues right now.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
It will hit you when you are up late one night enjoying yourself and you realize you do not have to get up at a specific time, a great feeling. Congratulations !

Congratulations - I'll be doing the same thing in February. Working out Medicare supplement insurance issues right now.

Thank you, this has been such a drag for a long time. I think I'm sort of in shock...wow I made it...I just never thought I really would.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Congrats on your retirement!.... I have been retired for almost 7 years now and it has never been boring. Love it. Years of hard work does pay off!

Rip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations! I retired one year ago after way too many years in the corporate world and I'm enjoying every minute of every day now! You might notice that every day is Saturday from now on! :thumbup:
Wishing you a peaceful, exciting, rewarding, relaxed and meaningful retirement. :happydance:

Mr. Wiggles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Retired

Congrats. Enjoy. Don't forget you will still have those busy weeks. I had to play pool on Monday. Today had to go fishing. Six bass, twelve crappie and a couple of blue gill. Tomorrow have to go bow hunting in the morning. Thank goodness Thur is open and will get a haircut. So far Friday is open so I can rest up for the weekend. You work all your life for the week ends and now every day is Saturday!!

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today was my last day at work,

As someone who has been retired for a while, I should caution you that this leading phrase is not correct.

Today was the last day of working for someone else.

There will be plenty of days where you will end up working for yourself on something you want done your way, an this is really what retirement is for--not the vacation part.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Today was my last day at work, now I'm on vacation and taking overtime off until 11-1-14 when I am officially retired. It doesn't feel any different today but I imagine I will be able to get used to it.......Free at Last!

Whoo Hoo!

I dont know how old you are but travel while you are still young. It's the best education there is and im not talking about going to every tourist spot- Just seeing how differently other people live is the most interesting for me.

Those trips through time zones get tougher as you get older though-do it now.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congradulations!! All the people that knew my said I would never be able to adjust. It did take a while (3 days) but I am now it full retirement mode.

Bert

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Whoo Hoo!

Have you made your DCC reservations yet ?

bill

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been officially retired since July. Was on Disability for the last three years. My health is a bit of a problem but not bad. I think I feel better officially retired:wink: LOL!
Good luck!

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats sir. Go to pool hall; stay waaay tooo late. Go home; sleep in until late afternoon. Get up shower and repeat ! Congrats on your retirement ! :thumbup:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Have you made your DCC reservations yet ?

bill

Thank you all for the many congratulations.

No I haven't but that's an awesome thought that I think I am going to run past my Road partner the next time I head to his house for and nearly endless game of One Pocket! Man to not have a curfew!! Now that will be awesome!

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Congrats. Enjoy. Don't forget you will still have those busy weeks. I had to play pool on Monday. Today had to go fishing. Six bass, twelve crappie and a couple of blue gill. Tomorrow have to go bow hunting in the morning. Thank goodness Thur is open and will get a haircut. So far Friday is open so I can rest up for the weekend. You work all your life for the week ends and now every day is Saturday!!

Hey now you sound like my kind of guy! I think I like your philosophy! I'm going look for a place to hunt today, might get my hair cut after I take my morning walk.