Lets-Talk-ZANTips

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Ok whose running a Zan tip on there set up, what are you running soft medium or hard and how do they compare to other tips layered and none.

Things I wanna know subjective or not, hows the hit feel? How long have you been using them? Are you still using them? Have you had problems with glazing and miscueing?

UPDATE 11/17/2014

Ok it's been over a month since my last update on my Zan premium soft.... It's still great, hits amazing and even ordered another one for the future off of Marc (our fellow AZ'r) Thanks Marc!

Problems? Not really, typical glazing after a week or so after extensive play but no biggy I just bring some of the fibers up with a Gator grip. I have miscued, but I blame that on me not chalking as usual as I should and attempting to juice the ball with to much english when I don't need to. You see I'm extremely use to a 13mm tip r 12.75 not the new 12.5 MEZZ WX700. So still learning how to adjust but love the new shaft and tip either way :thumbup:.

Something new? No for now Maybe try the new Zan Hybrib Max sometime in the future but for now I'm happy with the Premium soft.

Any questions just ask Via PM or on the thread :thumbup:

-Drew

Last edited:

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I am not sure whether I've got a bad one in the past but I felt they harden up on me rather fast. Even faster than a Kamui Black. Was on a S and then switched to a M. Didn't like it though.

But I have friends who swear by Zan tips.

UPlayLucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zan Tips

I'm currently playing with a Zan soft tip. Initially, it was a little softer than a Kamui Black soft, but I really like the way it is playing now. It did mushroom slightly after first installed but after trimming it, it has kept it's shape.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the regular Zan Soft tip and it's my favourite tip. Installs easy, doesen't mushroom and so far all the tips i have installed have been very consistent.
Next I'll be trying the premium Soft offering from Zan.
I've tried Kamui black, brown, clear. Moori, Navigator, G2, Ultraskin, Emerald, Triangle and Elk master.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Zan Tips.

Am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a cue tip.
Or am I a cue tip dreaming that I am a butterfly.

Oh, sorry. I thought that you said Zen.

Last edited:

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zan Tips.

Am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a cue tip.
Or am I a cue tip dreaming that I am a butterfly.

Oh, sorry. I thought that you said Zen.

C'mon! Thats a bit unfair. If we are going to ridicule brandnames, how is Triangle or Predator any better?
"Blue leather thingy from Japan on tip of ferrule" doessn't roll of the tongue as easy as Zan...

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I use the regular Zan Soft tip and it's my favourite tip. Installs easy, doesen't mushroom and so far all the tips i have installed have been very consistent.
Next I'll be trying the premium Soft offering from Zan.
I've tried Kamui black, brown, clear. Moori, Navigator, G2, Ultraskin, Emerald, Triangle and Elk master.

So you would recommend the soft, especially once it breaks in? How does it compare to a good triangle or milk dud? Do these tips glaze pretty badly, by that I mean need maintenance quite often? I don't mind treating to a tip once a week but every night or multiple times in a night may get a little annoying.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Lets-Talk-ZAN Tips

I have yet to hit a ball with them,but I had a customer back in April at one of the tournaments I work that had me install them on 4 shafts for him,he provided the tips himself.

The impression I got during installation is this is what the Elk Master would be like in a PERFECT world.

They were taller than an Elk Master,didn't make me wet them down or add CA glue to the sides to get them to cut right,and looked really nice once polished.

Good stuff in my book,I just don't stock them. Tommy D.

UPlayLucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you would recommend the soft, especially once it breaks in? How does it compare to a good triangle or milk dud? Do these tips glaze pretty badly, by that I mean need maintenance quite often? I don't mind treating to a tip once a week but every night or multiple times in a night may get a little annoying.

I would recommend the soft, but there is a break in period. I do not like triangle or milk dud tips. I might scuff the tip prior to playing but that would be it for the night and I haven't had any issues.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put on a Med Zan and it hardened up real quick.

Maybe it was my awesome powerful stroke??

I think not.... lol

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Zan tips are great

Zan tips are top notch. Soft plays more like a medium hardness compared to Kamui once broken in. I'm on my 2nd and don't see myself switching anytime soon

CanonShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear I think imma pick up a soft soon.

Buy it from Marc Vidal he has all the high end imported and Japanese tips from Zan to G2 to Kamui to DS and can give you great feedback and comparison. His price is the lowest in the market and a great guy. He has very extensive experience here and around the world. He is based in Denver, CO.

His call sign here is Marc
Email and Paypal: Mvdeadstroke@yahoo.com

Last edited:

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Buy it from Marc Vidal he has all the high end imported and Japanese tips from Zan to G2 to Kamui to DS and can give you great feedback and comparison. His price is the lowest in the market and a great guy. He has very extensive experience here and around the world. He is based in Denver, CO.

His call sign here is Marc
Email and Paypal: Mvdeadstroke@yahoo.com

Thank you very much for the information ill be sure to contact him.